• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going insane over opiate cravings

Juanmoretime

Greenlighter
So I made a post last week about managing my heroin use, and later was confronted by my parents about my drug use. Somehow they caught on (parents are ****in smarter than you think) and told me it's their way or the highway essentially and said I need to start going to group therapy and outpatient rehab. I managed to stop using for about 3-4 days and got through the withdrawals (my usage never got past maybe a bag a day if that so it wasn't unbearable by any means) but once I got past that phase the overwhelming urge to get high swept over me and I ended up scoring yesterday and relapsing. The thing is I really don't want to stop using. Before getting found out by my family I thought that if they did find out that it would be enough to quit, but even in the face of it I STILL DON'T! I can't even sleep properly, not because of withdrawals but because all I can think about is using. It seems like every 5 minutes I start thinking about picking up, opening the little piece of plastic that the tar is wrapped in, placing it on a piece of foil and going to ****in town.. As I sit here typing this I can feel my mouth start to water, I can picture the feeling of supreme warmth and comfort consuming my body and mind. I already know I'm going to try and score again tonight and it bothers me, but the fact that I'm sober right now and don't have anything bothers me even more. People say to distract yourself by doing things you love, but I can't even do those things because I have absolutely 0 interest in any of them at the moment. I want my damn dope and I want it NOW.

I know my withdrawals don't even compare to a lot of addict's experiences coming off of bags upon bags of dope a day, but the mental anguish of wanting to get high is so strong

No man was EVER meant to experience this amount of pleasure, why do opiates have to be so god damn good...

That's the psychological withdrawal.

4 days ain't shit, you're body WILL crave opiates for longer than physical WD lasts.

Man up, and tough it out. 1 month or 2, ideally 3...if you're still obsessesed then do whatever you want.

you will never change if you don't want to. Its true what they say, you must hit rock bottom and really WANT to stop for it to happen. Its a process most addicts go through, and if they are lucky enough to make it out alive and without a severe criminal record they can regain some decency of a life.

you lose a lot to opiates, lots of money and dead friends but even worse is time, time and energy in your youth that you should be making something of yourself while you still have your parents support and time to study learn a trade. If you spend that time doing dope making something of yourself at 35 without mom and dad is going to be a very hard thing to accomplish.

the desire to change comes from losing so much, which you haven't at this stage. so no amount of grounding or even losing friends to OD will work until you are the one ODing and getting narcaned back to life by the ambulance, or you are the one that now has a criminal record and can never get a job again, or you are the one that gets hep C etc.

Some of these things may be too hard to ever recover from and will just make you permantenly use drugs to escape. so for some the rock bottom is a permanent one and a reason to never stop .

Do you live with your parents?

Might consider opioid replacement theory like methadone or suboxone. That would help with cravings.

you will never change if you don't want to. Its true what they say, you must hit rock bottom and really WANT to stop for it to happen. Its a process most addicts go through, and if they are lucky enough to make it out alive and without a severe criminal record they can regain some decency of a life.

you lose a lot to opiates, lots of money and dead friends but even worse is time, time and energy in your youth that you should be making something of yourself while you still have your parents support and time to study learn a trade. If you spend that time doing dope making something of yourself at 35 without mom and dad is going to be a very hard thing to accomplish.

the desire to change comes from losing so much, which you haven't at this stage. so no amount of grounding or even losing friends to OD will work until you are the one ODing and getting narcaned back to life by the ambulance, or you are the one that now has a criminal record and can never get a job again, or you are the one that gets hep C etc.

Some of these things may be too hard to ever recover from and will just make you permantenly use drugs to escape. so for some the rock bottom is a permanent one and a reason to never stop .
Fuck, this post kinda hit me hard haha... Totally right about just wasting time. I'm 23 and started using dope right after I graduated highschool, and have just been working and doing dope the whole time since then. Aaaand I live with my parents, think about that all the time, I should be out making moves and accomplishing things, while I have their complete support and it's a lot easier. AND my parents are also older, my mom is 68 and I'm also the youngest, so I always think about how I have the least time with her around, ya know? And I'm pissing it away at the moment. Kind of a scary thing to think about. I don't know what my point is lol but this post just hit home for me.

I want my damn dope and I want it NOW.

LOL, that sounds like a good heroin commercial, in the vein of "it's my money and I want it now!" 877-DOPE-NOW!

And I'm surprised that you're surprised that your parents knew. They're your parents, of course they're going to know that something is off when you're gooned out on tar, even if they let it slide & don't say anything.

Perhaps you should try kratom. It helped greatly relieve my cravings, and it's pretty safe/low-risk. Might be illegal soon though.

Stop while you can, once you get had it really gets hard. I'm on oxy which I am prescribed for pain and I hate I am a prisoner to this medicine, it's a necessary evil. I take 420mgs a day, I am cutting back as much as possible, I don't like something having power over me. I didn't realize in the beginning that the results would be that I would do anything to get this if I ran out to avoid wd's. Please stop while it is easier because you will get to a point where it's too late.