• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Going from excessive use to acceptable use

I really want to use one more time (meaning getting maybe 1-2g) just before I go away to this foreign country for 3 weeks (where I won't be able to use) and quit for good. Is there any harm in doing so? I mean I'll be on my own, gf won't be around. Would just be a nice way to pass a couple of days before Xmas.

Is there any harm in doing so? That's the addict in you coming out. Don't let the addict control your thoughts or you will never stop.

Thanks mysafehome. Do you mean I shouldn't use it this one last time because it's a bad sign that I feel I can't have any fun without it? That makes sense.

I don't know, when I think of the next few days, alone here, it just seems like it's going to be so much more pleasant if I have some blow. After I come back from my foreign trip I won't be alone (gf lives with me) so there wouldn't be the same reason to use. I'm going to stop, just wondering whether to do it one more time or not.

If you have stopped thus far, then keep going. Your brain will eventually thank you for it.

If the urge becomes overwhelmingly large and you absolutely must purchase some then maybe only get 1g. That is an absolute last resort though, yet I know all too well how cravings sometimes take over.

If not for your health, then your financial security. It's best to nip this one in the bud.

Of course you'll have a "better" time on it. I'm 3-4 yrs removed from dope habit n still ask my substance abuse counselor " well just one time" because I want to feel it again, I want to feel "good" . We always are going to want more of a good thing, that's just how it is. The addict in you wants 1 more time as is the same w/ me. I will bargain & try to justify it anyway I can. My fucked up addict brain thinks it will be ok if I just get some 30's or 80's instead of dope. But the reality is that after those 30's or 80's I'm gonna want more of them, if not dope. And once I do them my thought process is going to be diff than it is now. Most likely will be thinking well I did it a few days ago or last week or w.e & I'm fine & it was good so why not? It's every addicts dream to be able to use n not go out of control w/ it. But if we could do that, we wouldn't be addicts now would we? GL buddy I feel for you , I think the same way n feel trapped for years since I stopped dope. Be greater than what we suffer.