• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Going from bupe to H and back to bupe

Tops0

Bluelighter
okay So I’ll start this off saying that I tried to use the search engine to answer my question but I couldn’t find a straight forward answer.

I’ve been on a suboxone program for about 3 months now. They switched me to subutex two months ago due to the fact that I have no insurance and subutex is much cheaper. Anyway I relapsed on oxycodone and heroin yesterday and now I’m wondering if I would be in the clear to take my subutex today without any adverse effects (precipitated withdrawal.) yesterday I took 40 mgs of oxycodone IV at about 11:00 Am which didn’t seem to do much of anything. Later on in the day (around 6:00 Pm) I sought out a 2 point bag of heroin (tar) and iv’ed that. I even did the wash. At this point I actually got a decent nod going on. It’s been almost 18 hours since I used the heroin and I feel no real withdrawal effects aside from feeling slightly anxious. If I took my subutex right now would it cause precipitated withdrawal? My last dose of subutex was at about 8:00 AM yesterday morning.

Hey Tops! If this was just an isolated incident, it's not likely that you're going to experience precipitated withdrawal upon taking your normal dose of Buprenorphine.

You can give yourself a little bit of security against the syndrome by taking smaller dosages first. Take a quarter of your normal dose, see how you feel after 15 or so minutes and then refuse based upon how that small dose made you feel.

We come up with a lot of different protocols for different people considering Buprenorphine induction, but in the end you are the best judge of what you need.

Hey Tops! If this was just an isolated incident, it's not likely that you're going to experience precipitated withdrawal upon taking your normal dose of Buprenorphine.

You can give yourself a little bit of security against the syndrome by taking smaller dosages first. Take a quarter of your normal dose, see how you feel after 15 or so minutes and then refuse based upon how that small dose made you feel.

We come up with a lot of different protocols for different people considering Buprenorphine induction, but in the end you are the best judge of what you need.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking pretty much the same thing about it probably not being a problem. I mean bupe has an extremely long half life so it’s definitely still in my system. I’ve just had far too many hellish experiences with precipitated withdrawal so of course I would like to avoid it all costs.

I guess I was looking for an anecdotal experience related to my problem. Your response was much appreciated though.

And yes this was an isolated experience. I had a death in my family yesterday of someone who was very close to me and had a moment of weakness due to the stress I was going through. I plan on sticking with my program in the future.

Yeah I agree with others that you should be totally fine. A good rule of thumb I've found is that as long as you’ve been taking your Bupe daily you can use Heroin for 1 or 2 days max and usually return without much issues. Once you go past 3 days without subs and taking heroin or other opiates every day, is when you’ll start to run into trouble