• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Goddammit, how many times do we have to say it!

Sorry to here about your friend and hope everything is ok....and yes benzo's and opiates are okay to mix at REASONABLE doses, even when you are on Methadone. And I hope the scumbag that was with your friend gets into some trouble if the case was she was od'ing and he didn't call 911.

but they prob wont... in WVA they didnt pass a law last year that would have gave ppl immunity for calling 911 to report an OD an dmy state has the most per capita... the two times ive seen someone fall out i immediatlly told one person to give em cpr while i went to get ice to try and bring em back... it worked instantly one time and the other time after trying for two mins we carried her to the car to drive her to the hospital, cause it was literally half a mile down the road but she ended up comming to as soon as we turned the car on... shit around here neither the cops nor the EMS workers carry naloxe or anything so if you do call 911 theres not shit they can do anyways... its just a sad situation.... in short its just kinda fucked up to worry about what trouble you might be in if you save someones life, even if you think that person is a piece of shit... the federal govt should get involved and make it a law granting immunity, but wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that to happen...

but sorry to hear about your friend...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts are with her and I hope she's okay. Fuck the prick who didn't help her. There aren't even enough swear words to describe people like that.

Sorry that this happened to your friend.

The problem is, people make dumb decisions when high. I'm guilty of it too. I'll start with an opiate dose that is a safe dose for me, and then add half a mg or a mg of Xanax or etizolam. If I'm out of opiates, I may be dumb and as the high is fading away, I'll drink a few beers or have some shots and some more benzos. This can lead to blacking out and then you may end up doing all your benzos or drinking a lot of alcohol.

I personally find opiates by themselves just don't do enough for me euphorically or of I'm trying to nod. I have a huge natural tolerance to opiates, for example, without a habit and without having used for a week or two I once started my dose at 40mg of oxy orally, and ended up using 205mg in just a few hours. I still don't even think I nodded, at least not heavily. I have no idea why I just couldn't get high enough from the oxy and kept redosing 20mg every half hour. I didn't have any alcohol or benzos on hand, but if I did I may have od'd by just adding a small benzo dose and a few drinks on top of my 205mg of consumed oxy.

I make bad decisions when high on opiates, because I never seem to get the perfect high or just that little bit higher that I think I need to be. I'm probably so impaired to others though, and 205mg of oxy consumed by someone with a low opiate tolerance is obvious dangerous as hell and would cause most people to od.

I guess I'm just tall and weigh over 200lbs (over 6'6" height) so I have a natural high tolerance to opiates.

Anyways, hope your friend ends up being ok.

This is heartbreaking and angering. I feel your frustration because I too am always reprimanding people both on BL and in person for mixing shit like this, and then they shrug it off like you're acting paranoid or accuse you of being a "know-it-all". Next thing you know....this happens. Now what are you supposed to do, tell them "told ya so"? Nope, now all you get to do is sit back and hope for the best. :(

I hope she pulls through.

I guess I'm just tall and weigh over 200lbs (over 6'6" height) so I have a natural high tolerance to opiates.

I've had a couple doctors who prescribe the stuff call BS on this common misconception. Maybe with alcohol, but not with narcotics. It's a blood/brain thing and unless you possess an abnormally large brain and blood supply, your height and weight have little to do with how these will affect you. Obviously, things like tolerance etc. do but to say, I'm a big guy and therefore I can take a shit load of oxys or heroin is just crazy. Please don't act on this statement or you may not live to regret it.

Seriously,what about mixing? Harm reduction right? So help a brother out....for everyone talking about 'disrespect' I'm sorry for your friend, in an attempt to not exprerience a similar situation I asked a question on a harm reduction forum in a thread that a lot of experienced mixers/users are probably viewing. In my humble estimation probably a good place to get advice on not accidentially killing myself. Do you really lose memory mixing and forget what you took and how much?

Anyways dillys, and the best benzo to mix with and in what ratio would be awesome, thank you. Sorry about your friend hopefully she pulls through. My name is Birc0014 and if I don't have anything nice to say then I should not say anything at all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is heartbreaking and angering. I feel your frustration because I too am always reprimanding people both on BL and in person for mixing shit like this, and then they shrug it off like you're acting paranoid or accuse you of being a "know-it-all". Next thing you know....this happens. Now what are you supposed to do, tell them "told ya so"? Nope, now all you get to do is sit back and hope for the best. :(

I hope she pulls through.

So fucking true.

yea man if you take benzo that shit will fuck with your memory without taking anything else... me and my friends always call it the counting game cause when someone does a bunch of xanax they will sit there and keep counting there money and pills over and over again non stop until they pass out and every time they do one they will get all pissed and think someone stole it or they lost it... its beyond fucking annoying... and mixing em w opiates will give you a hell of a buzz but its dangerous as fuck and you wont remember the buzz when you wake up and you may have fucked a fat chick or something else thats stupid as shit... better just to do em seperatly IMO

This is why all states should have good samaritan laws so that people aren't afraid to call 911 when somebody falls out. As much as most junkies say they'd help a friend out even if it meant getting in trouble, there are plenty that panic under pressure of a possible felony. Also another reason why all police and EMS should carry naloxone.

As far as mixing goes it's essentially common practice among junkies, unfortunately. People have a deathwish: it's just like how people seek out the heroin that has been dropping people to get that crazy rush. When you're in the throes of true addiction you really don't give a shit.

Once you're high, your judgment goes out the window, especially with benzos, where you may actually redose while blacked out and not really in control. A very high percentage of narcotic overdoses involve benzos and alcohol.

Seriously,what about mixing? Harm reduction right? So help a brother out....for everyone talking about 'disrespect' I'm sorry for your friend, in an attempt to not exprerience a similar situation I asked a question on a harm reduction forum in a thread that a lot of experienced mixers/users are probably viewing. In my humble estimation probably a good place to get advice on not accidentially killing myself. Do you really lose memory mixing and forget what you took and how much?

Anyways dillys, and the best benzo to mix with and in what ratio would be awesome, thank you. Sorry about your friend hopefully she pulls through. My name is Birc0014 and if I don't have anything nice to say then I should not say anything at all!!

Man, you don't get it, do you?

How can you be so scared of the police that you won't help a dying friend. Fucking cowards.
IMO, they need to make a law that prevents anyone calling police/911, or around a friend that is Od'ing, prevents cops from charging, arresting, or harassing those people over the dope...need to focus on getting that person the immediate help they need, its the worry about being arrested/ harassed by the pigs that prevents people from dialing 911 during these situations!!

IMO, they need to make a law that prevents anyone calling police/911, or around a friend that is Od'ing, prevents cops from charging, arresting, or harassing those people over the dope...need to focus on getting that person the immediate help they need, its the worry about being arrested/ harassed by the pigs that prevents people from dialing 911 during these situations!!

Pretty sure there is.

Really sorry to hear about your friend, OP. Thanks for the reminder.

Some people feel that achieving "the ultimate high" is worth risking their lives over. Feeling moderately good is not enough for them, so they keep pushing the boundaries until the boundaries finally push back. The very people who most need to hear your warning will disregard it. #sadreality

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymk View Post

Oddly enough, I recall when Princess Diana was killed in that terrible car accident in Paris many years ago, there was talk about charging some of the (trash) photographers with something like "failure to provide assistance" (as they snapped their gruesome photos!). I know that was France but it's possible those folks the OP spoke of could be arrested for the same sort of charges. I don't know where those people reside but wouldn't that be ironic. Here they're afraid of getting caught with drugs present and no one calls for emergency assistance to getting charged for not having made a call for said assistance. Aside from the legal side of things, dammit man! We're talking about fellow human beings people!

That would be nice. In Alabama if you call in an overdose people are going to jail. Happened to a friend a knew back in the day. The law cost another girl I knew her life as the guy she was with was on probation and too scared to call.

Seattle stranger: some states do have good Samaritan laws that protect callers under these circumstances. It varies from state to state.

Hey guys, thanks for *most* of the replies. Update: My friend J has had a long but mostly successful recovery. her memory, personality and health are very good considering what she went thru, and she's still alive. Turns out the cocktail was not methadone+, but methamphetamine+, and a retardedly high dose, one which caused the problems.

I'd be very surprised if a single one of us here has never mixed something we should have and ended up playing with fire whether we knew it or not. The fact is, despite our experience and best methods of control and standardization, the body simply reacts to the same cocktail differently for one reason or another. This is even evident while on methadone maintenance; most of us have noticed that sometimes we get nothing from our dose and even feel slightly sick, while other times we fight to stay awake. I think it's very hypocritical to sit here on our high horses and judge this poor girl who is guilty of nothing more than being an addict - something we can all relate to. If anything, we can take this as a lesson - another stark reminder that this kind of thing can happen to us too, no matter how invincible we perceive ourselves to be.