• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Recruiting Global Drug Survey 2020 - we need you!!!

Tronica

Director of Research
Global Drug Survey is back for 2020!

As well as the usual modules that measure your drug use (and use of the darknet, my favourite!), this year we have a few new modules, including on MDMA dosing and re-dosing practices, the use of cannabis CBD products, more on psychedelic treatment, and a profile of your last big night/day/weekend out!

This last one is my favourite new addition which you can read all about here. In brief, we will collect event based descriptions of people's more recent big session with drugs, e.g. a clubbing adventure, a big house party, a multi-day festival, etc. We will be able to compare experiences across the world in terms of good and bad times. We also ask about use of health/safety services at events, and what you'd like to have available.

SURVEY LINK :)

Details:
- Study is open now and ends on 30 December 2019. Results will be disseminated publicly May 2020.
- Ethics approvals have been granted by UCL, UNSW, & UQ.
- Anyone is in scope to do the survey, even if your recent drug use is low or nil!
- The survey length depends on your history of drug use and which modules you elect do (no questions are 'forced'). 15-30 minutes is normal but some people can take much longer, e.g. up to an hour.
- The survey is anonymous and no payments or incentives are offered. Your data will help GDS continue to develop free harm reduction resources.
- You can contact Dr Monica Barratt (RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia) for more information about Global Drug Survey (or just PM me here @Tronica)
- You can read more about Global Drug Survey, the study and the organisation, which has been doing annual surveys of drugs for 8 years now as GDS and over a decade in total (including surveys in MixMag).

SURVEY LINK :)

Tronica

Director of Research
Thanks!

I should also add that Global Drug Survey publishes a lot of journal articles but also we publish in mainstream media, so it's accessible.

As you can read, we get a fair bit of coverage (some good, some not so good!) but we try to give our anonymous participants a voice through the survey.

So thanks for your ongoing support.

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
What a nightmare. Almost filled it in when it said I'm offline and yet I could still browse the web with other pages open. I tried to start it again but it won't load the page...weird.

Tronica

Director of Research
What a nightmare. Almost filled it in when it said I'm offline and yet I could still browse the web with other pages open. I tried to start it again but it won't load the page...weird.
That sounds quite odd. We haven't had other reports of tech glitches quite like that. When you say 'almost filled in' you mean you filled in most of it - my understanding is what you did fill in is submitted per page, so your data would not be lost. Did you complete the 'big night out' section near the end or not that far in?

Thanks for your efforts!

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
That sounds quite odd. We haven't had other reports of tech glitches quite like that. When you say 'almost filled in' you mean you filled in most of it - my understanding is what you did fill in is submitted per page, so your data would not be lost. Did you complete the 'big night out' section near the end or not that far in?

Thanks for your efforts!
No I didn't get as far as the big night out. I probably got 75% done.

Wilson Wilson

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Just took about an hour filling it all out, happy to help though. GDS is a good project.