• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girls: wax, shave, pluck.. what do you do?

- l - u - c - e - said:
I used this stuff on my legs, it was absolutely horrible. It has a really horrible smell, burnt the absolute fuck out of my legs and gave me rash. It also made me itch for about 4 hours (or at least till I finally fell asleep), and that was with 4 showers!
Maybe it was just my skin, but it isn't sensitive and not once have I had an allergic reaction from anything.
I would much rather be hairy than have to go thru that everytime.. Well, maybe not but I wouldn't use it again. Thank god I used it on my legs first and not somewhere else!! 8o

With waxing, you don't hav eto wrory about hair growing back thicker and prickly correct, everyone?? I have tried a few times on my legs, but the breakouts are too awful to ever try again. But, I have a tennis bracelet I can't wear because it pinches the little hairs on my wrist. Obviously don't want to shave the arm, because of the hair growing back too thick and prickly, but I may wax it, if it won't do it with that..

For those who wax, professionally or on their own, what kind of wax do you use? Because I always used to use Veet warm wax that comes in a jar that you heat in a microwave... Now I bought this other wax, can't remember what it was called but it was specifically for the bikini line. The difference was that you didn't have to apply wax strips, you just pulled the wax off 30 seconds after you applied it. I found it to work sooo much better tan the Veet one. It's a bit harder to wash off afterwards though, but it really pulls out even the shorter more stubborn hairs, so the regrowth doesn't have to be really long before I can wax again.

^ I don't know the brand name of it 'cos I get my waxing done at a salon (home waxing is bordering on stupidity for men). But it's cream-coloured wax that is applied luke-warm that quickly congeals into a strong rubbery bunch. The beauty therapist pulls up an edge so she can get a grip then yanks the strip off.
Once we managed the whole sack in one go, it looked like an inverted tennis ball.
Mmmm, which reminds me... time for my wax.

glitterbizkit said:
For those who wax, professionally or on their own, what kind of wax do you use? Because I always used to use Veet warm wax that comes in a jar that you heat in a microwave... Now I bought this other wax, can't remember what it was called but it was specifically for the bikini line. The difference was that you didn't have to apply wax strips, you just pulled the wax off 30 seconds after you applied it. I found it to work sooo much better tan the Veet one. It's a bit harder to wash off afterwards though, but it really pulls out even the shorter more stubborn hairs, so the regrowth doesn't have to be really long before I can wax again.

I brought a wax from the supermarket that was called 'Brazilian Hard Wax', the brand was Andrea. It was the same as the one you described- you heat it up, put it on and it goes hard in 30 seconds then you rip it off. I thought it was fantastic, but couldn't finish the job- I didn't have the guts to rip it off myself.

Ahhh yes that wax is the saving grace!!!

I have mine here and its called 'Nair Cire Divine' Microwave Salon Wax - it is the god. Its this nice pinkish colour too... all pretty.

No need for strips and it really gets it all off. Never ever thought I'd end up doing my own brazilian, but I do! Sure not as perfecto as salon but I'd save $50 any day.

I swore black and blue that i would never get a brazilian again. I personally thought it was the most painful thing i have ever experienced. So when the hair grew back i started shaving again and wished i hadn't because it took three weeks for the hair to grow back with waxing compared to three days it did shaving.

So i've had my second brazilian and i actually cried it hurt that much.

Not putting a razor to it again though because i know the more i wax the less hair i will have and it will get less painful.

but fucken hell it REALLY hurt (to me anyway) and i've had piercings and tattoos and had a baby.

Hey SLM, my GF wants to give waxing a go, we live in Aus. as well :) Can you reccomend anywhere cause I know you're from Aus too and seem to have had a pretty damn good experience! :) (couldn't believe you only paid $30, thats so cheap IMO!!)

Cheers!

doofqueen said:
I swore black and blue that i would never get a brazilian again. I personally thought it was the most painful thing i have ever experienced. So when the hair grew back i started shaving again and wished i hadn't because it took three weeks for the hair to grow back with waxing compared to three days it did shaving.

So i've had my second brazilian and i actually cried it hurt that much.

Not putting a razor to it again though because i know the more i wax the less hair i will have and it will get less painful.

but fucken hell it REALLY hurt (to me anyway) and i've had piercings and tattoos and had a baby.

well, now I'm scared into never getting one. haha

hey, if you choose to go and get the waxing done once every so often, and pay so much money for it, why not just go for the laser instead?

it's a lot closer to a one-shot deal (can be done in a handful of sessions), and once it's done, it's done.

even if expensive, it's gotta be worth it in the end; it would pay for itself in a couple of years (=20 expensive wax jobs, or 40 cheap ones...)

^^^ I'm actually planning to save up for a laser job. I mean, I spend so much time on hair removal but it always grows back!

^^ yeah i was thinking about that but wouldn't lazers in that area maybe be not so healthy for your fertility etc.. I would think it wouldn't be too good for your womb

^^ not really, since the lasers are only strong enough to penetrate a few layers of skin, just deep enough to remove the hair and nothing else. it's about as harmful as getting a tattoo, and tattoos in this area aren't harmful (or at least that's what i was led to believe).

I'm going to go and get my first brazilian one day soon, when I get up enough guts. Could take a while, but hey, I'll get there! ;)

sorry to bump this;

i have to retract what i had said earlier about this..
why not just go for the laser instead?
i looked into this option, and found out it 's actually not permanent; hair will grow back after a few months.

so do your research if you decide to go through with it, it's a hell of a lot of cash to spend on something that will need to be dealt with again in a little while...

on the other hand, electrolysis is claimed to be permanent. expensive, though... $60 or so for a twenty minute session, and who knows how many sessions it takes to zap every last follicle off...

supposedly, you can buy an electrolysis machine (they cost about $350), and do the job yourself, instead.. i do not know anything about it though... does anyone have any useful info?

Wow this thread is still alive?!?! I think I posted on it a year ago or more, lol. I still haven't been able to get the gutts to wax. I have found for myself the best hair removal, a epilator! I have the braun silk epi and its great! Its very scary at 1st. It hurts like hell and you want to stop but keep going. After that 1st use there is no more pain, really! Now with that I will say its not perfect. My legs are not just shaved smooth the difference is the rate the hair grows back and the thickness. I assume its like waxing that way a bit. I have very thick black hair on my legs and other places like my inside thighs (yuck) and when I shaved if you ran your hand over my thigh or pubic area you would of thought you touched a cactus. Not with this! I do shave maybe once a week now just to make my skin super smooth but then I don't have to shave for days! When I just shaved I had to shave everyday (maybe twice) and it would take me a good hour to do it. This doesn't save that much time but I dont have to be in the shower to do it (no more high hot water bill!)

I got mine on amazon.com for almost 60 bucks i think. Definitly worth it if you think of how much razors are. I haven't used it on my underarms, don't think I ever could but some people do. You have to watch for ingrown hairs too. But if your shy like me about waxing then you need to try this, its nothing like the 1st few epilators out that where scary.

hh_sonic said:
sorry to bump this;

i have to retract what i had said earlier about this.. i looked into this option, and found out it 's actually not permanent; hair will grow back after a few months.

laser is supposed to be permanent- but the procedure has to be repeated every few months, for about a year in total, since hairs might be in different growing phases. So while the hair that gets zapped by the laser doesn't grow back, there may be other hairs which are dormant during that time and only start growing a few months after.

This is at least what I've gathered from what I've read about laser hair removal, I've never done it myself but am planning to.

razor bumping this one :D

I used to use depilatory products 'down there', all the time fearful it was burning me or somehow mutilating me if I left it on too long. To top it off, I would miss strips and it would annoy the hell out of me.

Then I started shaving which just seemed bristly and wrong. I bought an at home waxing kit and almost went crossed eyed from the pain. It's worse when you have to contort yourself into positions to get some hair which may not come out on first yank.

Finally, I caved and went in for a real salon brazilian tpday. The experience was amazing. $35 for 15 minutes with a very professional woman who I *WILL* be going to see again. She was quite proud that I didn't yelp, as well. I booked my appointment very early in the morning, hoping to fool myself into not realizing what was going on, and took two Advil an hour before the appointment. She used a cream to help ease the pain, and it honestly wasn't that bad. She was good about getting me to reposition myself and asking if everything was okay, too.

My only problem was that I was under the assumption the 'strip of hair' that is left behind after a brazilian would be ontop, above my clit, not running from my ass to my clit. Next time I'm just gonna ask for it all to come off. After the first few pulls, you don't really notice what's going on anyhow.

- l - u - c - e - said:
I'm going to go and get my first brazilian one day soon, when I get up enough guts. Could take a while, but hey, I'll get there! ;)

Yay I got there! =D
I had my first brazilian done 2 days ago. The chick that done it could have been a bit nicer considering she knew it was my first, but oh well.
She didn't inform of anything- like to expect bumps etc.. But I already knew it all anyway.
And it really really hurt.. But it was bearable (for me).. I think it was more awkward than anything else. Doing naked yoga in front of a stranger is bound to be awkward.
I'm never going to shave again! =D