• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't sound like a fun scene or something I would like to be cleaning up. But I do love cats and they do keep rodents out of my house (well sometimes they bring rodents, intact, in front of the house, just to brag 🤣).

Normal for the spider is a chaos...type of thing. Hope your day is going better now. :)

that was amazing
i'm glad you enjoyed it... i didn't even mention the best bit. my boyf suggested cleaning it up with a dustpan and brush and for some reason i chose this to be the first time i ever listen to him.

well, you can't clean up entrails with a dustpan and brush- they are sticky and elasticated. urgh.

the criminal is now cuddled up in the crook of my arm purring like he's never done anything wrong.

apparently cats that eat rats get sick though.... he's up to date on worm and flea drops, not sure what else i can do.

i'm glad you enjoyed it... i didn't even mention the best bit. my boyf suggested cleaning it up with a dustpan and brush and for some reason i chose this to be the first time i ever listen to him.

well, you can't clean up entrails with a dustpan and brush- they are sticky and elasticated. urgh.

the criminal is now cuddled up in the crook of my arm purring like he's never done anything wrong.

apparently cats that eat rats get sick though.... he's up to date on worm and flea drops, not sure what else i can do.

Yes, as well as the myriad diseases that rats can carry (even more than cats), there's also the risk that the rodent may have been poisoned, in which case your cat may get secondary poisoning.

When we had a cat, I woke up one morning to find it standing over me with a smug look on its face. When I looked round, there was a mouse's head on the pillow next to me. When i pulled back the covers, there was the rest of it under the duvet.

How thoughtful...

wolfie eats mice whole, but rats he leaves the head, skin, tail and entrails.

really hope there's not been any poison i'd die if my little man gut hurt.

don't fret it's really a rare case for a cat to be poisoned - they are amazing at knowing what they can and can;t eat

If any mouse/vole/bird etc comes anywhere within range of my cats they are history.

They will however let a frog/toad/whatever -it- was hop around the kitchen withhout even batting an eyelid - I'd bet my house (or rather would do if I happened to own one) that it was potentially toxic to them if eaten

Cat's are actually the master race, or so my girl-cat tells me...

The amount of poison required to kill a mouse wouldn't touch a cat. The risk is a bit higher with rats because they're greedy fuckers and because the poison can take up to 7 days to work, in that time they can ingest many times the lethal dose. It's still very unlikely though.

Cat's are actually the master race, or so my girl-cat tells me...
ha that's also what my girl cat tells me.

wolfie is too busy causing chaos to develop a theory of master races/anything.

thanks for your reassurance guys, its really helpful.

i am hoping that soon he will try a rat that is too big for him and get scared off them- all the ones he's caught that i know of are probably babies, not the cat sized monsters you hear about. he's a massive wuss so i expect this to happen imminently.

don't fret it's really a rare case for a cat to be poisoned - they are amazing at knowing what they can and can;t eat
One of my strays, one of a once upon a time total of 13 cats living here where only three now four are allowed inside, got poisened by the pigeon breeder who lives 1/4 mile away.
He used something that works on the brains as the cat was just spinning around in circles yet couldn't stand up.

He puts the poison out for the marten, fox and cats.

Same cunt shot at one of the house cats with an airgun and aimed for the brain. Luckily he couldn't shoot and it hit him in the jaw and it was a low powered airgun.

My cats only get the young rats.
It's the barn owl and the little owl who live and feed on the big rats.

Other news home made Rhubarb chutney condiment of the gods.
Especially with anything spicy vegetarian Indian food. Only time I like eating veggies.

Last edited:
188883128_10166092207115377_598697550281736698_n.jpg

These are my favourite breed around here; the blue ones look spectacular

One of our dogs is half ridgeback, half something very black and hairy and has a lot of the very good hunt/defend traits the breed has also. Smart dogs

How are these with other dogs?

The present one I'm still not sure yet if he just wants to play with them and is excited or if he's just out for the kill.

This one has got a very low EQ but very high IQ.

Last one had a very high EQ but a tiny bit lower IQ.

Totally had to adapt and change training methods much to my disdain.
Even to the point of people complaining about certain training methods being cruel haven't met the present dog and how he reacts to them. Trust me there's no other way with this one.

I forgot this gem, when I was young the house we lived in had a well.
We used to pump up water from this well as our own water supply.

The cats never ever drank from that water.
In the middle of the 80's we got contacted by a water examining company call it what ever you like and they tested the well water.

Within a week we got contacted again and got told to never ever drink from the well water again. It had arsenic in it, arsenic factory 7 miles away but the factories 'waste' got put beneath the tarmacked roads...people thinking it was safe.
Arsenic can appear naturally but this wasn't the case then.

Is your tap water safe to drink, give it to your cat and see.

anecdotal experience of trying an SSRI for a few months when my head first started seriously going off the rails. I was treated with fluoxetine but having had plenty of experience treating a range of depressive illnesses with a range of anti - depressants it is my be;lief that the effect of SSRI's is somewhat standard with various drugs having largely subtle differences, in a loosely comparable fashion to benzodiazepines or opioids, both of which have a central effect around which the different drugs provide variations in intensity, duration etc. My response (which was my attempt to explain my beliefs around UK GP benzodiazepine and SSRI prescribing) does have my thoughts and personal opinions about my treatment with fluoxetine by my GP for 5 months back in 2006/7 for generalised anxiety and reactive (neurotic) depression...
I've come to the same conclusion myself. I've had pretty extensive experience of a range of benzos and they are all essentially the same. I've been prescribed 3 different SSRIs or SNRIs and not one has made even the slightest difference to my social anxiety. The only effect that my current one, Mirtazapine, has is that it consistently enables me to get a good nights sleep. The downside of this is that if I was to stop taking it, I have no doubt that I would have to go through months and months of severe insomnia, just as bad as any benzo withdrawl would ever be. I can't help but feel angry and cheated at the way people in the UK with anxiety are fobbed off and denied access to effective meds. I wouldn't be surprised if a large part of Drs reluctance to prescribe them was down to a fear of being sued as you have stated.

I think the pendulum has swung far too far in the direction of them being out of favour, i think there is still a place for benzos, seeing how effective they are. Drs are scared to precsribe them even when they would benefit the patient. The discontinuation syndrome of benzos was meant to be one of the big problems, but these issues can be just as bad with anti-depressants. It has been my own experience that it is possible to keep using use benzos long term without escalating the dose, by having regular days off. Trying 3 different anti-depressants is no where near the amount of different benzos Ive tried, and obviously anti-depressants are not so easy and quick to stop one and start another. From my own research I've seen that 2 or 3 different ones which I've not tried seem to have helped some people, but my very strong impression so far through my own personal experience has been that they are all much of a muchness, and I really can't currently bring myself to face months of severe insomnia, just to try some different anti-depressant with no real certainty what so ever that they would make the slightest difference to my anxiety. So I'm currently pinning my hopes on CBT with a therapist, it definitely will help, the only question is how much it will help.

How are these with other dogs?

The present one I'm still not sure yet if he just wants to play with them and is excited or if he's just out for the kill.

This one has got a very low EQ but very high IQ.
My friend has a pure bred as personal companion and Guardian since 11 years.

Other dogs live in abject terror of him

My half bred is great with my bitch, they hunt and patrol together and he's great with the ladies and puppies or weak dogs; but will fight to the death with street dogs, put bulls etc - anything he encounters when he goes late night wandering

Had him to vet for laceration repair many times. Even castrated him, still the same

Cool little fucker

I've come to the same conclusion myself....

I have been up my own ass for so long I forgot about mirtazapine - possibly the only non SSRI/SNRI AD still in regular use other than amitriptyline while I have heard good anecdotal reports regarding its hypnotic properties alongside a similar efficacy as atypical AD's - the rebound insomnia the drugs discontinuation is bound to cause seems somewhat ignored by the same GP's who (rightly) do not want to see their patients dependant on BZD's or Z - drugs. Unlike traditional sleeping pills however (such as secobarbital, temazepam or zopiclone) the drug is not designed to be used on a PRN basis, requiring daily dosing (along with the subsequent potential for being dependant on it for sleep) to achieve the AD effect.

While the discontinuation symptoms from these various AD's are not as clinically harmful as those from GABAergics, I understand how uncomfortable and disruptive they can be, making the difference between these issues and actual withdrawal syndromes from other drugs little more than semantic discussions from the patients perspective (such as the one I am currently engaging in).

My friend has a pure bred as personal companion and Guardian since 11 years.

Other dogs live in abject terror of him

My half bred is great with my bitch, they hunt and patrol together and he's great with the ladies and puppies or weak dogs; but will fight to the death with street dogs, put bulls etc - anything he encounters when he goes late night wandering

Had him to vet for laceration repair many times. Even castrated him, still the same

Cool little fucker
Sounds like a smart sensitive one.
The present Malinois had some doggie training and some acquintance with other dogs.

The poisoned one went totally mental at other dogs but never ever wanted to hurt another animal even cats.
If he got attacked by a dog of his leash meant I had to kick the other dog in the head.

He was due to this double as strong as the current one. It was humans the last one didn't give two fucks about biting, yet was fine with 20 six year olds standing around him wanting to pet him.

Feeling a bit grumpy and down today in the afternoon

Had 45% wiped from my net worth over weekend, back to - 25% today and also probably dopamine deprived from last weeks excess

So I did what often helps me feel better; cleaned my room, trimmed my toenails and my pubes

Think it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.