• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely hate to be that person, but, well, here we go - I was admin at the time when this was all happening so have a good overview of what happened (yeah yeah, really cringing at myself now), so up until last spring I did have a very good idea of what was going on. Don't get me wrong, you're pretty much bang on, just on other than us being removed completely or necessarily actively targeted in a sort of specific or personal manner; our search ranking was just simply severely impacted, and especially when the google algorithm changed to focus more on websites that generate revenue (and hence for google via ads etc). Google released a statement about the algorithm change, and you could tell that google results were radically changed in general. Definitely up until last spring at least the forum was never removed from googles results and people were really on the ball with trying to figure it out/keeping watch, and I doubt it was censored in the interim (but I'm welcome to be proven wrong) otherwise a big fuss would have been made. I suspect what happened with you is that bluelight may have simply been on a different page on google, because we were definitely seriously demoted at one point. In fact, my results even differ from Jackals, and for me bluelight is about fifth from the top. @CFC tends to keep an excessive ( =D ) watch on stuff like this and could probably clarify.

Again though, this is partially bluelights own doing, as things were essentially configured to the year 2008, and google had no reason to give a free pass for that. I'm not even sure if the character set problems were ever fixed for a lot of old posts, so we probably have search returns returning stuff like trip rep£rt - psych$d€lic €experience of a lif€ tim€, or whatever other bogus text the character set was outputting - simply because the forum didn't understand modern characters that were implemented by various modern OS updates etc and inputted by peoples phones/computers/tablets. I think it was originally caused because for whatever reason people were complaining that they couldn't do that daft ASCII art so the character set was changed and broke a lot of stuff, which was also around the time that Apple release a new update. On top of that, we were under heavy DDOS and running things through cloudflare and blocking googles robots from indexing the site. The website itself was noticably dying and broken in various ways towards the end of its vbulletin run and this severely impacted its ranking.

I'll defer to your superior knowledge of this particular situation my man.

It is very possible the result was still there but on the second or third page. I didn't see it at all on the first page, nor did I see BL show up in general drug related searches for a time, so I made that assumption.

Definitely agree about vBulletin causing problems though and it was very much showing its age towards the end. Running software from 2008 without HTTPS absolutely does get sites downgraded in Google's results. I had been saying for a while BL needed an upgrade or at the very least an SSL cert, especially since they've been free since 2014 (Let's Encrypt) and you can just run scripts to automate the setup.

Was very happy when I came back to BL after a break and saw the upgraded software and TLS finally being used. All much better now!

But I do reckon Google's algorithm changes favour large mainstream sites over forums in general too. You often see results from bloody Twitter over results for forums on Google nowadays. And I always use Google from incognito mode so they shouldn't be personalising my search results (although they could be using some type of "supercookie" for all I know, can't trust a company that makes all its money harvesting your data really can ya).

It affected all the traditional drugs forums (drugs-forum, Bluelight, shroomery etc).

From being #1 (give or take;- drugs-forum also did nicely on Google searches) we were generally on about page 3-10 after early 2018 when Google made their algorithm/money-making changes permanent (they had done a 'trial' in 2017, when we collapsed off the face of the earth, but then rescinded the experiment for about 5 months, before finally making the switch permanent).

We're still largely invisible compared to Quora (lol) and Reddit, but generally show up best on Bing searches fwiw.

Got some Platinum 🍪. God damn it just keeps getting stronger. I remember the terrible weed I smoked 15 years ago, how do kids these days handle this stuff 🤯

Got some Platinum 🍪. God damn it just keeps getting stronger. I remember the terrible weed I smoked 15 years ago, how do kids these days handle this stuff 🤯

I've been smoking a lot of imported hi grade Sativa dominant stuff lately, and also some hybrids - Forbidden Fruits, Gorilla Glue, Wedding Cake, 707 Headband, Jack Herer etc - and the surprising thing for me, as a lifelong smoker, is that I get more fucked up, but far less sketched than I do from smoking the cheapo outdoor stuff that costs $1 or $2 per gram. Even next morning, I just feel so much better.

I've been smoking a lot of imported hi grade Sativa dominant stuff lately, and also some hybrids - Forbidden Fruits, Gorilla Glue, Wedding Cake, 707 Headband, Jack Herer etc - and the surprising thing for me, as a lifelong smoker, is that I get more fucked up, but far less sketched than I do from smoking the cheapo outdoor stuff that costs $1 or $2 per gram. Even next morning, I just feel so much better.

I totally agree. Even though the stuff around is stronger, they are generally missing that oranges out element. The generic skunk in the early 2000s was strong but the high was nowhere near as good. And let's not even talk about soapbar fuck that was nasty. Anyone get good hash? Can't seem to find at at the mo

afternoon eadd. well, i actually got slightly drunk last night and it was fun. only problem is to not completely destroy my sleep and make the next day a writeoff, i need to take benzos, i have 5 clonaz left so i can't do it very often and now i've remembered how fun drinking can be that's annoying. probs for the best given alcohol really fucks up my alcohol-induced stomach erosion, and heroin is the only thing that helps with a bad flare up.

New issue day :D

212.jpg

Anyone else watch The Gentlemen yet? Saw it over the weekend it was fucking brilliant. Like a cross between Snatch and Layer Cake. British gangster/drug dealing film with a clever story full of twists and turns and it is fucking hilarious to boot. Well worth a watch.

no but i just got a new tv, took me a while to save up to replace the ones that went to crackconverters, so i feel a film is in order and i like both snatch and layer cake. thanks for the recommendation! was nice to have a justification to play witcher all day yesterday, usually i just feel like a slob.

Enjoy your new telly and the film! It was great honestly, full of suspense and interesting characters, but at the same time had that classic dry British humour very much like Snatch. You won't be disappointed!

Have any of you guys heard from zopiclone bandit? He hasn't logged for over two months. Anyone have an email, phone number etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.