• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow is that true about Google? So dangerous, as this was one of the only places when I was young you could get accurate info and harm reduction tips for using drugs.

Wow is that true about Google? So dangerous, as this was one of the only places when I was young you could get accurate info and harm reduction tips for using drugs.

Yep it used to just not show up at all. They've tweaked it a bit now so BL does show up in drug searches, but it's not given priority in search results so you have to scroll right down or go to the next page to see it.

DuckDuckGo is much better, doesn't censor anything.

I'm busy downloading the first series of Money heist.
Is it worth a watch/download of the other series?

I'm busy downloading the first series of Money heist.
Is it worth a watch/download of the other series?
Busy watching the 4th episode. Not brilliant but good enough to keep on watching for now. eff all else worth watching right now.

Aparently better call saul is getting really good now. It was pretty damn good already I thought. I need to catch up with it as I only watched season 1 and 2. It's on Netflix I believe...

I also downloaded the latest season of curb your enthusiasm. Still going strong so far I'd say. I'm only 3 episodes in, mind.

I enjoyed the mandalorian too. Being a bit of a star wars fan probably helps with that one.

My series is becoming shit in the second one.

I've just found my 'hidden' actually didn't remember I had stash of vape weed as the vaporiser broke and I haven't bought a new one yet.

Meaning I haven't to go and fucking cycle like nearly 30 odd miles yet to go and get some for a couple more weeks at least.

Last edited:
Really good to see you about again @CbRoXiDe :) It's been yonks since I've seen a post of yours. I hope yer doing alright mate.
As for Ooogle:

Wouldn't put it passed them for a nanosecond - who in the USA's higher government would want factual, safe substance HR notations to reach all those "scummy drug addicts" :cautious:?
They would rather have the fear of death for the population of any country that has heafty substance laws than actual factual information (however saddening it is to say such a thing)....
And they think people who use substances that have been deemed illegal are scum.

I've just found my 'hidden' actually didn't remember I had stash of vape weed as the vaporiser broke and I haven't bought a new one yet.

Meaning I haven't to go and fucking cycle like nearly 30 odd miles yet to go and get some for a couple more weeks at least.
Downside is shit has become sedating as it's nearly ten months old now.

Strange , I used to have his number but been thru too many phones of late to trace it back . What about his mate used to frequent here , blind helper monkey ? I know a few on fab know him . Must check out there . He wasn’t bothering with fob at all I know but I think he kept other contact with some

They changed the algorithm a while back and bluelight started getting placed behind quora and stuff like that. Google is actively changing its algorithm to defer what it considers socially unacceptable results, in favour of socially favourable newspapers & media etc. Type in conspiracy theories and you're not being linked to david icke and prison planet any more, you're being linked to the guardian and wired. It's very odd and makes searching frustrating. However, they also frequently change the algorithm for numerous reasons, some social, some logical, some technical, in order to return what are considered valuable results

However, to my knowledge bluelight was never, ever, censored by google. It just had it's relevance in search results severely lowered and some of that was partially our own doing. I'm also not sure that google have then tweaked us to make us more favourable, I think that's unlikely. What happened is that we realised we'd lost our ranking and took steps to increase bluelights SEO (search engine optimisation which I just alluded to), which included making bluelight fully https compatible (encryption which google favours), upgrading the server software, upgrading the forum software to Xenforo which has better SEO than the incredibly archaic 2008~ vbulletin we were using, and fixing problems such as symbols replacing letters because the forum didn't have modern character sets, etc etc. This hopefully improved our ranking in the google search index.

Last edited:
For sure . They are . Been noticing it . I’d love to understand and be able to use tech a bit more but I know a pattern when I see one . It’s almost a waste of time googling anything but then the early days of web you had to know your website anyway . Just think . What’s . Getting butied in the memory hole . A fuck tonne of stuff . Keep it real . Talk to people and it’s like plants , water the sites you like to keep them going . Covidccrisis act 1920 to 20 20 mad dog ... it’s so much more than a virus . This is costing the big boys a lot of risk etc . They are grabbing all they can anywhere they can . Ticking boxes getting work done to pay their way for a good while yet . Propaganda won the world wars they reckon . Were they ever won ? How were the fought ? Control of the social media .

I think there’s enough folks like and use their tech to keep good stuff their if they want to use it and we’ll , if it’s shit turn it off you don’t have to turn it back on again

However, to my knowledge bluelight was never, ever, censored by google.

Good points on the old software, lack of HTTPS, and improved SEO - however BL absolutely was censored by Google in the past. I remember you could literally type in "bluelight forum" and it would not come up. I had a screenshot of it, but it was on an old phone, no idea if I still have it. Promise you I'm not lying though.

Good points on the old software, lack of HTTPS, and improved SEO - however BL absolutely was censored by Google in the past. I remember you could literally type in "bluelight forum" and it would not come up. I had a screenshot of it, but it was on an old phone, no idea if I still have it. Promise you I'm not lying though.

I've been using BL on and off for almost 14 years. I've always been able to type in "bluelight" to google and either BL pops up, or that police forum of the same name.

Did anybody else ever join that one for trolling purposes btw? I sure did!

Here's what I get when I google "Bluelight" today.

I tried to find it on my old iPhone, drooled over a shitload of old stash pics and found some nice nudes from my gf but not the screenshot. Ah well.

It does show up today yes. And Ubuntu? I see you are a man of culture.

I genuinely hate to be that person, but, well, here we go - I was admin at the time when this was all happening so have a good overview of what happened (yeah yeah, really cringing at myself now), so up until last spring I did have a very good idea of what was going on. Don't get me wrong, you're pretty much bang on, just on other than us being removed completely or necessarily actively targeted in a sort of specific or personal manner; our search ranking was just simply severely impacted, and especially when the google algorithm changed to focus more on websites that generate revenue (and hence for google via ads etc). Google released a statement about the algorithm change, and you could tell that google results were radically changed in general. Definitely up until last spring at least the forum was never removed from googles results and people were really on the ball with trying to figure it out/keeping watch, and I doubt it was censored in the interim (but I'm welcome to be proven wrong) otherwise a big fuss would have been made. I suspect what happened with you is that bluelight may have simply been on a different page on google, because we were definitely seriously demoted at one point. In fact, my results even differ from Jackals, and for me bluelight is about fifth from the top. @CFC tends to keep an excessive ( =D ) watch on stuff like this and could probably clarify.

Again though, this is partially bluelights own doing, as things were essentially configured to the year 2008, and google had no reason to give a free pass for that. I'm not even sure if the character set problems were ever fixed for a lot of old posts, so we probably have search returns returning stuff like trip rep£rt - psych$d€lic €experience of a lif€ tim€, or whatever other bogus text the character set was outputting - simply because the forum didn't understand modern characters that were implemented by various modern OS updates etc and inputted by peoples phones/computers/tablets. I think it was originally caused because for whatever reason people were complaining that they couldn't do that daft ASCII art so the character set was changed and broke a lot of stuff, which was also around the time that Apple release a new update. On top of that, we were under heavy DDOS and running things through cloudflare and blocking googles robots from indexing the site. The website itself was noticably dying and broken in various ways towards the end of its vbulletin run and this severely impacted its ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.