• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn true there, they got me bang to rights once & that is it & the evidence on what they said I did is still a bit loose, I could have passed anything to somone & had anything in the bag. They way they were going on BEFORE I saw their best evidence was I was bang to rights & fucked. I had to smile a bit when they showed me the "evidence" as it is weak to say the least, they wanted me to say some shit & make myself guilty.

I know who grassed me up & fucking filmed it etc too, why people simply cannot mind their own business is beyond me.

"I like the Russian word for "informer": stukach. A word to be spit." - William S Burroughs.
Snitches get stitches.

Watched this whole thing over the two days it was broadcast, it is a really good piece & I've been obsessed I guess you could call it with Rev Jim Jones & what he got upto for years, I usually find stuff to be quite unfair to his cause at times but this is a really good show.

"A Storyville documentary. Why did Jim Jones, a charismatic American preacher and leader of the People's Temple, compel his members in 1978 to perform 'revolutionary suicide' in northern Guyana?"

I find Jonestown & the cult usually don't get reported on right, also the Japanese doomsday cult Aleph, formerly Aum Shinrikyo also get treated the same, though not huge in the UK they are very well known in Japan due to what they did. I knew someone online that had many books & original pieces published by them, I sadly only have PDF's of their work. The guy who has a lot of their stuff is always getting mad when someone would find his FB page for a group he runs & talk on thee about Aleph & say something wrong, I used to love the way James would set about them.

@Wilson Wilson
This may be of interest to you, the best film on them has been taken down by Youtube sadly & it was a 2hr piece filmed by actual members of the cult & was a really great film but like anything that shows the "good side" of that group it is taken down right away as the media want the whole world to think they were just a gas attack death cult.

Will definitely try to get around to watching that and do some of my own research this weekend. Definitely interested in that type of stuff.

I had to smile a bit when they showed me the "evidence" as it is weak to say the least, they wanted me to say some shit & make myself guilty.

Told ya so. Glad you're all good.

"I like the Russian word for "informer": stukach. A word to be spit." - William S Burroughs.

Learnt something new today.

I feel so rough right now & been up all night.
I'm in the public library & just over the other side of the table is a couple of scum parents, the guy looks like his family tree is a stump, they have 4 kids with them all under 5 running feral, screaming & playing up. The woman looks like the classic Chav & her boobs are nearly down to her knees.
I swear to God it is people like these two that simply should be BANNED from having kids.

The Bill Hicks bit about people wanting their thumbs comes to mind.

Fucking telly broke, I ended up getting a copy of the book American Gods which is amazing & I've read just over 300 pages in a few days. I am in LOVE with that book.
Also managed to get a copy of the first album by The White Stripes for £1 & also an Aloe vera plant which I really like.

American Gods

Neil Gaiman mate! He's a proper talented writer. He's done a shitload of comics too if you're into that. The Amazon series Good Omens is also based on one of his comics and he wrote the show too, well worth a watch, it's bloody hilarious. It's also on BBC Two so should be on iPlayer if you don't have Amazon Prime. Or just torrent the fucking thing.

I had the idea that the government could offer incentives to people to get themselves sterilised. And if the right freebies were offered (such as expensive trainers, diamond-studded iPhone holders, bottles of cheap cider, too-small trackie bum-bums, fluffy slides and trainer socks &c) it would encourage the right people to remove themselves from the gene pool.

What would you call such a scheme, though? Cash for Knackers? I quite like "Spondoolies for Goolies" .....

I had the idea that the government could offer incentives to people to get themselves sterilised. And if the right freebies were offered (such as expensive trainers, diamond-studded iPhone holders, bottles of cheap cider, too-small trackie bum-bums, fluffy slides and trainer socks &c) it would encourage the right people to remove themselves from the gene pool.

What would you call such a scheme, though? Cash for Knackers? I quite like "Spondoolies for Goolies" .....

I'm down. I have to pay £500 for a bloody vasectomy because the NHS won't do it at my age. Getting it done not just for free, but actually being given stuff in return? Where's the downside?

You can just reimburse me for the expensive trainers I already own. Which also were £500 funnily enough.

How's the mrs Wilson?

Cheers for asking mate. She's unfortunately gonna be in hospital for yet another week. Basically she has an infection she must recover from before she can get the surgery she needs so they're having to wait for that. In the meantime they're keeping her in under observation. No idea if they'll even be able to do the surgery yet after that, but she should at least be able to sleep in her own bed.

Fucking telly broke, I ended up getting a copy of the book American Gods which is amazing & I've read just over 300 pages in a few days. I am in LOVE with that book.
Also managed to get a copy of the first album by The White Stripes for £1 & also an Aloe vera plant which I really like.

Ive had a copy of AG in my bag for months as due to the development of yet another bad habit - audiobooks - I am determined to read it like a grown up but as I never go anywhere except my DSP I have got no further than Shadows departure from Prison in the short look I had while in the waiting room one day.

I started borrowing books on CD when I first developed a habit as they covered what used to be an hours wait on average and as I was always sick and stupid enough to plate up in the car immediately on scoring they also were perfect to flop out to as well. I now have them on constantly on my laptop both during the day and as I sleep, but am determined to not crack regarding Gods.

For some reason I have developed a particular affinity for non fiction - before I gave up on sleep I was listening to Cox & Forshaw Why Does E = mc2 - one I read a decade ago but was never going to be bright enough to retain.

Neil Gaiman mate! He's a proper talented writer.

You can say that again, 99.9% of the time I never go for fiction really (for Chuck Palahniuk I do break that rule) but usually I prefer to read real stuff. As one example I trieds really hard with that Game of Thrones but imho that is the biggest hype ever & I'd prefer to have dental work done with no pain meds than read or watch it I swear to God.

Now that American Gods is nothing short of amazing, I've not even missed the telly which I was sure I'd be in some kinda horrific withdrawl just sitting there looking at the blank screen & crying over it but nope. The last few days I've moved the kettle into the bedroom & I pull up my pillow to use as a back rest & get set for some heavy reading session. The plan for today is the same, I am truly blown away by the quality of the guys work. What is your most loved book or any other work by him Wilson Wilson?

What happened to Mrs / Ms Wilson?
You are aware it only takes a really cheap puncture repair kit from the local £1 shop to fix a blow up love doll.

fluffy slides

I know the type that wear those, Ye Gods they are horrific people. How anyone can think it is a good idea to wear those things in this weather is beyond me, their feet must be freezing.

Ive had a copy of AG in my bag for months as due to the development of yet another bad habit - audiobooks - I am determined to read it like a grown up but as I never go anywhere except my DSP I have got no further than Shadows departure from Prison in the short look I had while in the waiting room one day.

I started borrowing books on CD when I first developed a habit as they covered what used to be an hours wait on average and as I was always sick and stupid enough to plate up in the car immediately on scoring they also were perfect to flop out to as well. I now have them on constantly on my laptop both during the day and as I sleep, but am determined to not crack regarding Gods.

For some reason I have developed a particular affinity for non fiction - before I gave up on sleep I was listening to Cox & Forshaw Why Does E = mc2 - one I read a decade ago but was never going to be bright enough to retain.

You get the same feeling from an audio book as you do from actual paper & print?
To me there is something I can't quite place & name but it is a feeling of being happy from a proper book, I'm one of those weird freaks that also likes to sniff new books, Waterstones is like a peepshow to me in some ways, dark corners where you are all alone with something you get pleasure from in your hand. I love the local library too, imho the library is a gift from God himself as you can get all kinds of books out of there for free & have 4 weeks to read them. Some of the people that work thee even know my taste by now & will tip me off when something new comes in I may like.

Trust me American Gods is truly amazing, I came to the party late I admit but I had seen it on the telly as some on going series & usually that is a red flag to me right away, usually what most "normal" people like I don't & find bad like that fucking Game of Thrones for example so I turned a blind eye (Like Odin) to it, oh what a fool I was.

Hello all.

On plenty of drugs now so think of this place more.

Buprenorphine patches, high dose Pregabalin and lots of weed all for severe chronic pain (Cluster Headaches and Trigeminal Neuralgia). I say to family and doctors that I wish I could get off these drugs etc, and agree when the GP says opiates are bad for me. What they don't know is part of me loves it, I am a better person with less crippling anxiety. Fuck knows how I'm gonna get off all this. Maybe I never will.

My aforementioned friend sold me the rest of his weed because he wants to quit. Now he is regretting his decision and 'misses it' lol. No backsies

Now that American Gods is nothing short of amazing, I've not even missed the telly which I was sure I'd be in some kinda horrific withdrawl just sitting there looking at the blank screen & crying over it but nope. The last few days I've moved the kettle into the bedroom & I pull up my pillow to use as a back rest & get set for some heavy reading session. The plan for today is the same, I am truly blown away by the quality of the guys work. What is your most loved book or any other work by him Wilson Wilson?

Glad it's helping you through withdrawals mate.

Good Omens is great, the comic the show is based on was written by both Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

I read and watched some other Neil Gaiman stuff but back when I was 16 so honestly can't remember much about that now. I remember enjoying the couple Doctor Who episodes he did. I need to refresh myself on his comics though.

What happened to Mrs / Ms Wilson?

Pancreatitis :(

You are aware it only takes a really cheap puncture repair kit from the local £1 shop to fix a blow up love doll.

😂 😂 😂

I'm reminded of that episode of Only Fools and Horses where Del buys a load of nicked blow up dolls that turn out to be full of explosive gas.

You get the same feeling from an audio book as you do from actual paper & print?

Thats actually a really fucking good question as in all honesty the answer is of course no. I became a bookworm at a ridiculously early age thanks to the unbelievable effort my parents made in teaching me to read at a more or less fully competent level by the age of 5, thanks to their tireless bed time efforts and the introduction of Roald Dahl into my life. The BFG was the last book my parents read to me, something they have always admitted was as entertaining to them as it was to me and after I re - read the book myself I went on to demolish his entire bibliography over the next 3 years or so, although it would take a teenage revisit to the Wonderful Story Of HS for me to 'get' this more adult /'Tales of the Unexpected' and of his works.

Waterstone's is one of the only high st. shops left that excites me and even when it was one of many standard shops on the browsing circuit, it always smelt gorgeous. Unless you have a proper toke on a new book as you described Waterstone's seems to be the only place where this aroma rules - of course, it is accepted fact that thanks to plebs like me and other representitives of the great unwashed, public library's only smell marginally better than public toilets, tolerable only because again, of the books, who's collective must is second only to the direct solvent blast of a brand new tome.

I have still had amazing literary experiences with audiobooks - hearing Stephen Fry read his own unabridged version of 'The Hippopotamus' is one of the greatest vocal performances ever and as most of my AB collection is non - fiction material regarding 20th & 21st Century warfare, physics and cosmology I am not too worried about any loss of immersion compared to the mostly trash / pulp fiction type airport paperbacks I have both wasted my eyes on and admittedly, enjoyed the fuck out of despite the safety of knowing the kind of story you are in for due to the author (Grisham being a prime example of this).

Despite spending a brief period as a child prodigy with regards to the early development of my reading skills I am not very well read at all, using books mainly to learn about our world, WW2 being a prime example of something I cannot get enough of, but regardless of the individual abilities of the historians I question whether these constitute actual literary experiences as opposed to just learning stuff in really good detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.