• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: F.U.B.A.R. | chinup |
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

steewith2ees

Bluelight Crew
the piss artist formerly known as stevesircull (th
Thanks alot Ms Diz i appreciate the replies they have helped me somewhat in regards to what i want to do to get off smoking and regarding addressing my anxiety with my GP/ Psychiatrist.

I have not tried SSR'Is but i think i will definitely give them a go. I guess through trial and error you can find out what works for you. appreciate all the information you provided so thank you !

Bare Head - while my recent post in the EADD Benzo thread is typical of my ludicrous ramblings it does provide the context to and my anecdotal experience of trying an SSRI for a few months when my head first started seriously going off the rails. I was treated with fluoxetine but having had plenty of experience treating a range of depressive illnesses with a range of anti - depressants it is my be;lief that the effect of SSRI's is somewhat standard with various drugs having largely subtle differences, in a loosely comparable fashion to benzodiazepines or opioids, both of which have a central effect around which the different drugs provide variations in intensity, duration etc. My response (which was my attempt to explain my beliefs around UK GP benzodiazepine and SSRI prescribing) does have my thoughts and personal opinions about my treatment with fluoxetine by my GP for 5 months back in 2006/7 for generalised anxiety and reactive (neurotic) depression...

Its a UK thing. The amount of money those fuckers made flogging benzo's back in the 70's and 80's was obscene - following a prescribing culture that relied on the dangers of barbs benzo's were considered harmless in comparison, their similar dependence profile being less of an issue than fatal overdoses, something that was not only played down but lied about by Roche of all people to the UK market specifically, a sad and unnecessary exercise in excess greed, all to make money they did not need. After cornering the market for the first decade bzds were available with Librium and Valium, the latter selling a record amount of pills as to the worried well they were the cure for everything requiring real therapy, although to be fair, being thrown a diazepam Rx was fairly progressive mental health treatment for a post war UK in which real folk just pulled themselves together.

By the 80's, Roche was well into their double dip doing what many peddlers of psychotropic medicines do - reselling the same drug again after slight alternations. Mogadon, despite being identical to diazepam in weight and 90% similar in effect was specifically licensed as a sleeping aid, the only other UK bzd to do so besides temazepam but its long acting effect resulted in most patients waking up as stoned as they were when they fell asleep, perfect for idiots like me but a nightmare for people trying to live their lives while zombied in all the most benzowed way imaginable - blunted affect, sedation, disinhibition, memory loss etc. And the fucking morons at Roche had omitted these very obvious side effects from the patient information leaflet in Mogadon products. The same side effects that they included in the Scandanvian translations of the leaflet provided with Danish and Norwegian Rx's of Mogadon, the most idiot and blatent proof that they not only knew but had decided to lie to UK patients.

So blah blah -class action lawsuit later and now many GP's will not Rx them - despite the fact that they are of little harm as long as they are used properly - either in short courses not exceed 2 weeks or as a PRN medication, the usage of which would require proactive monitoring and follow up appts. as opposed to blindly issuing repeats. However, because some dumb ass decided SSRI's could treat anxeity it provided a perfect excuse to fob patients off. I gave it a fair go, after securing 3*28 5mg diazepam boxes from my GP to get me over the initial hump, I agreed to give fluoxetine a shot, having worked in MH since I left school I always considered Prozac the OG and possibly least savage SSRI. They did start to have a real effect after about 3 weeks but while I understand the rationale behind their use as an anti-depressant and VERY mild anxiolytic, the sensation was really artificial, pleasant at times but almost speedy/pill at times, especially after a pipe of crack, but it was no substitute for a GABAergic for acute panic attacks and I could not take MDMA or Ees while on them. I fucked them off after 5 months as despite having an effect they too did not address the underlying psychological issues, being just another psychoactive drug effect IMO.

Bare_head

Bluelighter
Thanks for sharing your experience mate thats very interesting. A lawsuit wow i didnt know that just reading the articles now. Very interesting to say the least

Arnold

Bluelighter
By the way what bulging disks did you have (where were they located) and how did you develop them? interestingly i have some neck issues and i think its a disk bulge, its casuing my agony right now and its from being a stupid gambling addict last year getting RSI on my neck :cry:
L4 and L5, aka lower back.
One part is a tough past and stress one part is mdma which can cause liver toxicity which can excarberate back problems.

Arnold

Bluelighter
Mr Cabral the Malinois expert highlighted one of my replies to one of his utube videos where he is having to tell people a Malinois is not the dog for you.

0.5 seconds chuffed moment.

Edit: He removed the highlight.

Last edited:

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
@Arnold does Malinois get on with cats? and potentially with small humans later on? i've started wanting a dog though also i really shouldn't cos my older cat maxwell couldn't cope and i have to put her needs first.

axe battler

Moderator: SLR
Staff member
You have just to wait for the 10 mins before you come down and then you should be ok

Arnold

Bluelighter
@Arnold does Malinois get on with cats? and potentially with small humans later on? i've started wanting a dog though also i really shouldn't cos my older cat maxwell couldn't cope and i have to put her needs first.
If you get the Malinois young yes they can get used to cats without any problems.
Or if you can find a breeder who also owns cats even the better not that I've ever seen one mentioning that.

My last one was three years old when I got him. Never seen a cat before in his life and we had at that time about 13 cats here.
When you saw him chase a cat you'd think if he ever caught one he'd rip it to shreds.
They got a very high prey drive, anything that runs away from them they will chase.

Every dog has got a different character. My last Malinois when you got to know him didn't like to hurt animals he was a totally sensitive soul.
People he couldn't give a fuck about he'd skin you alive. He once finally caught a cat and very gently held it in his mouth giving the cat enough time to scarper.
He got bitten by several dogs before and never retaliated in anger. I did and kicked the dogs in the head. Hate to say good owner which is one of the reasons he never properly retaliated.

One of the strays ended up having the cats disease and went in to his cage in his final days for protection. He cleaned that cat and protected it.
It took about two years before that one and one of the other cats went in to his kennel and just smacked him if he came to close. I've got a video of that.

Why are you thinking about getting a Malinois?
Do you have mental issues? Sorry a Malinois is totally sensitive to the person holding them on the leash. If you show signs of weakness they take over.
which can be a good thing but can also mean the dog will end up getting put down if you're not carefull. It's like you push a button and a second later you have a totally diffferent dog on the leash who goes out to kill, there is always a reason he goes out to kill.

They are perfect family dogs, just your family and no one else. If you treat raise and occupy yourself with them for at least two hours a day.
They need to know their spot without being agressive. Even a new born child isn't a problem. If you treated the dog like it was your baby and then you have a real baby the dog will get jealous and probably end up biting the baby...that's because the owners are idiots.

Just treat the dog right.

Some Malinois have been seperated a bit too early from their mother.
Some only know one owner and are very dominant.
Those one's are perfect if you live alone in the woods and don't like anyone socially interacting with you.

Last edited:

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
amazing dogs but take up tons of time and energy...if you're thinking about starting a family you may be underestimating how much time will be taken up with a kid (hint...pretty much all of it)

chinup

Staff member
thanks for your detailed description @Arnold . from what i can tell all the dogs i like have a high prey drive, its a bit worrying as someone who has never had a dog. i grew up around cats. i would be prepared to put time in to train but obviously right now i just don't have the skills. but its good to know its not a complete nonstarter with cats cos i'm always gonna have cats.

and yes @ageingpartyfiend totally take your point, i'm more planning for the future right now. my boyf is dead set against getting a dog so i need at least one child that is verbal to back me up before i can take this step, and also i really do need to consider my older cat, she's 13 and she did not cope well with the introduction of my younger cat so its more like succession planning because i can't do that to her now. but i just love all animals and i really see a dog in my future. if i somehow make it rich and get a large plot of land i'd totally get something really big, met a lovely beauceron puppy i'd have had her any day! border collie or husky would be amazing too but if you don't have the space and time for their exercise and intellectual stimulation its just cruel.

Arnold

Bluelighter
If a Malinois is your first dog in a family situation it can be done but only with a professional trainer who knows the Malinois breed.
Anything else forget it.
You treat the dog right he will die defending you, wait till you've handled one to actually realise the potential power that you're holding on a leash.
In a previous posted video the French police consider the Malinois to be a weapon...

My introduction to dogs was a rejected police trained German shephard as that one didn't like to bite humans.
They all got their unique traits.
That dog when I was 8 years old used to grab me by the bottom of my trousers and hold me upside down just to play with me.

Last edited:

MsDiz

Bluelighter
A puppy/new dog is worse than having a baby. They need so much work and attention to train and to control.

It’s a really big decision. We got a black Labrador 3 months before I had my son. We worked super hard with that dog. They are mental puppies, they need so much work it’s unreal. She was mad, we worked hard to train her and she was great but I spent hours upon hours to study and train her. It was exhausting. I was lucky I had the time. She was an amazing dog, my son grew up with her and loved her and she loved him and our cats. She was trained so well. She kept to heel, she obeyed every command. She was great. She was unfortunately poisoned last year and died. I was devastated and so was my son.

I think it’s great to let kids grow up with dogs and cats. I think though that you need the full info before deciding. If that makes sense.

Arnold

Bluelighter
thanks for your detailed description @Arnold . from what i can tell all the dogs i like have a high prey drive, its a bit worrying as someone who has never had a dog. i grew up around cats. i would be prepared to put time in to train but obviously right now i just don't have the skills. but its good to know its not a complete nonstarter with cats cos i'm always gonna have cats.
Letting a malinois know where his spot is in the household is as simple as by saying good morning first to everybody else in the family like every cat/chicken and then the dog which means before you've even made eye contact with him...
It will let the dog know it's spot in the family.
Once you've done that you can pet him and treat him like a baby....
Totally little things which make a big difference in his behaviour.

chinup

Staff member
A puppy/new dog is worse than having a baby. They need so much work and attention to train and to control.
thanks! i'll bear than in mind. while be a long while yet anyway. so sorry about your dog, i think i recall @Arnold saying something similar had happened to one of his too.

i definitely wouldn't consider getting a puppy as a first time dog owner. when i got my kitten i thought i'd read up enough and had already had maxwell for a decade so considered myself an experienced cat owner. well, no amount of reading can prepare you. luckily i had a friend who could go in and check on him in the day and i was coming back at lunch so he never went more than 4 hours on his own.

thankfully he seems to have turned out great character wise but has some confidence issues. he took 3 months to learn going out the catflap despite being fine coming in, and i only got him to start going out himself by keeping him in and going outside. he's a right mummy's boy. was peeing indoors sporadically a lot too, which the vet said will have been due to being scared by neighbourhood cats.

I think it’s great to let kids grow up with dogs and cats. I think though that you need the full info before deciding. If that makes sense.
it does make sense. everyone i know who had a dog as a kid absolutely loved it, even my mum who is now a bona fide cat lady. but i would need to think carefully about what i could give a good home to as a first time owner with no previous experience.

i have patience and compassion, wolfie peeing by my front door has at least taught me that no matter how frustrated i get, i don't act out to the animal.

Jackal

Bluelighter
Stoned as a goose on Sunday eve

Been able to smell 100% better than last 4 years for no apparent reason for full three days now and the world disgusts me; stinky stink is everywhere

Arnold

Bluelighter

This is what you're potentially having to deal with.
I'm no expert but I could guess why he changed.

Deffo time to call in the experts.
The puppy was fine and lovely to start off with then it started attacking everything.
It was fine with the kids and everything for the first two days then it totally changed.

It's not even a quarter the size of a fully grown one. =D.

I know a few people who own a Malinois like this.
One owner and anything else can go a fuck themselves.
They're go happy with their Malinois.

Last edited:

Jackal

Bluelighter

These are my favourite breed around here; the blue ones look spectacular

One of our dogs is half ridgeback, half something very black and hairy and has a lot of the very good hunt/defend traits the breed has also. Smart dogs

Arnold

Bluelighter
@Arnold you just keep giving huge lists of reasons as to why the dog should be banned.
Ehm nopes I'm just giving you total reasons them dogs are not for everybody who think they can be clicker or treat trained as some of the instagram/youtube crowd makes you believe.
Hence hopefully actually preventing people from getting this dog breed.

One ought to ban idiots who want a dog/Malinois to protect them because they are weak from owning dogs.
That's where 90% of the dogs 'bad' behaviour stems from.
This is just stating facts.

I could go on an even bigger rant.
Don't go there.