• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings ver. CCXVIII - Itsanewdawnitsanewdayitsanewsiteformeyeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cairngorms just ain't any old place they're a proper well known mountain range.

Been there yourself?
I assume when you say that it's some proper Ed Stafford kind of thing?

I've always liked "getting away" but it wasn't till this lockdown I've really wanted to do a 48/60 hour stint alone out there. That cave home I was in the other week was good fun, it's a feeling I can't quite put my finger on but I enjoy just sitting there totally alone. I'd not fancy it in the winter though.

i have lived within a half hour drive of the peak district for the majority of my life but had never been til last year. i was supposed to go hiking in tajikistan and i'm sure the peak district isn't as good but it was still cool and eyam was topical for a day out. in cheshire there's 2 walking trails the sandstone and the gritstone and i did some bits of those too, if i get stuck in england this summer i might do one in its entirety.

wouldn't mind going back to malham cove in yorkshire if that's ever allowed. used to go to the lake district as a kid but mostly remember being stuck in the car pulled over cos there was a bit of signal while my dad was taking forever trying to send an email in the days before 4g.

but mostly i'm a fair weather outdoors person so only really embraced the idea of going outdoors in england last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have lived within a half hour drive of the peak district for the majority of my life but had never been til last year. i was supposed to go hiking in tajikistan and i'm sure the peak district isn't as good but it was still cool and eyam was topical for a day out. in cheshire there's 2 walking trails the sandstone and the gritstone and i did some bits of those too, if i get stuck in england this summer i might do one in its entirety.

wouldn't mind going back to malham cove in yorkshire if that's ever allowed. used to go to the lake district as a kid but mostly remember being stuck in the car pulled over cos there was a bit of signal while my dad was taking forever trying to send an email in the days before 4g.

but mostly i'm a fair weather outdoors person so only really embraced the idea of going outdoors in england last year.
My tip would be go when it ain't the high/holiday season as you'd be queuing for a ticket to be allowed to go up a mountain. Wank holiday/sprog holiday etc.. are all no go as any old cunt and their son will be doing the 'I'm hip and in touch with nature' shit.

That's the beauty of the Swedish Fjalls no cunt or mobile signal about for hours...exactly the same scenery bar the previous;
Just don't get in to the getting stuck in a bog at 2am shit though...don't ask. When you research shit they apparently got one of them 'do not divert from this trail' charts available...I wonder why...

Fucking copper cunts blocked me from their instagram page, apparently they don't like me making derogatory comments 'pedo corrupt wankers' etc...which in any other civilized country would get you imprisoned pronto bar when you have got ground to stand on.... fucking wankers.

you mean the lake district? i have heard it gets horrendously busy over holidays so yeah out of season is the way to go.

i haven't heard of the swedish fjall's but may add it to my list of places to go hiking if we're ever allowed out of the country again, though after tajik and kyrgystan. fuck walking at 2am though. i never got that about people who do these big mountain ascents, the horribly early wake ups.

you mean the lake district? i have heard it gets horrendously busy over holidays so yeah out of season is the way to go.

i haven't heard of the swedish fjall's but may add it to my list of places to go hiking if we're ever allowed out of the country again, though after tajik and kyrgystan. fuck walking at 2am though. i never got that about people who do these big mountain ascents, the horribly early wake ups.
Honestly if you're looking to travel in 'high season' take a plane ticket to Ostersund airport which is in Jamtland, just below Lapland, renowned for having having the largest concentration of brown bears in the world which ain't a problem unless you're looking to hike in cub/early spring season or you go small game hunting with a dog in winter.

Just ask for maps, swamps up to your waste take at least a few hours to get out of at least when you know how to handle waist deep swamp holes literally one after the other. Not much of a short cut as I thought it would be. Very close to the Norwegian border so 4000ft plus within your range.

The lakes/fells or the fjalls easy decision for me and I'd be back tomorrow.

The locals told me that they've known of local people encountering brown bears in spring/cub season and they've confirmed that it happens like in 'The Revenant' film as in the brown bear will descalp you...apparently not a pretty sight. There is a reason that there is a quota to shoot them.

People tend to get worried when you don't arrive back in time as in you make it back at 6 am.

The locals told me that they've known of local people encountering brown bears in spring/cub season and they've confirmed that it happens like in 'The Revenant' film as in the brown bear will descalp you...apparently not a pretty sight. There is a reason that there is a quota to shoot them.

People tend to get worried when you don't arrive back in time as in you make it back at 6 am.

The first time I went up North 2 days before some guy had been killed by a bear.

I've never understood why people in Russia etc keep bears advice pets & the animal doesn't get pissed off & eat them.

I remember a few months ago on the news an elephant had gone mad in Thailand & stamped the owner & a few tourists to death, it's no shock to me animals get angry at humans then stamp them or eat them.

Also the attraction to having a photo taken next to (insert deadly animal here) does nothing for me at all, when as a kid I went to Disney World in Florida everyone was in with Dolphins but I refused as I saw it as cruel, just leave the bloody animals alone imho.
Maybe wen the aliens finally come they will take those kind of people onto their craft & make them work in some Alien zoo for entertainment purposes.

The first time I went up North 2 days before some guy had been killed by a bear.

I've never understood why people in Russia etc keep bears advice pets & the animal doesn't get pissed off & eat them.

I remember a few months ago on the news an elephant had gone mad in Thailand & stamped the owner & a few tourists to death, it's no shock to me animals get angry at humans then stamp them or eat them.

Also the attraction to having a photo taken next to (insert deadly animal here) does nothing for me at all, when as a kid I went to Disney World in Florida everyone was in with Dolphins but I refused as I saw it as cruel, just leave the bloody animals alone imho.
Maybe wen the aliens finally come they will take those kind of people onto their craft & make them work in some Alien zoo for entertainment purposes.
I went to a zoo, they made the enclosures smaller so people could see them as when they were before bigger the animals would shy away from people.

Last time ever I went to a zoo. Pathetic.

A month or two later a keeper got killed by one of the brown bears.

has anyone tried any of these meal replacement type things?

i am trying to lose weight and thought it might be worth a shot but there's so many i don't know how to choose.

i'd prefer a vegan one. i looked at huel but you have to buy a lot so if i didn't like it i'd be very miffed. there's another one called jimmy joy that does a sample pack so i'm gonna get that, but would be interesting to hear about any others to look into.

^

Like military MRE, or just protein shakes?

When I wanna drop weight I stop having a lunch for a few months at a time and conversely, when. I want to gain I return to three meals per day

calorie-controlled, high protein, high fibre, all your essential nutrients blahdyblah- stuff like this: https://jimmyjoy.com/collections/all

i can't really skip lunch because getting hungry majorly damages my concentration at work. i'm actually losing weight on my current regime but i wanna mix things up and experiment a bit so i don't get bored.

even if it was veggie (i haven't eaten meat since i discovered factory farming at 9) military stuff is pretty offputting. my cousin always loses a shedload of weight when he's on missions despite the mammoth care packages everyone sends him.

my cousin always loses a shedload of weight when he's on missions despite the mammoth care packages everyone sends him.

Well that's weight loss in a nutshell innit? Plenty of physical activity.

I mean you can eat like a horse if you work like one...

Status
Not open for further replies.