Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB? Where are your choices taking you?

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Being a person who regulary goes clubbing every weekend, i have begin to notice quite a large trend in people using GHB.

Now the unfortunate side to this is that, so many people each weekend either pass out or end up in hospital as a result of either consuming too much or generally not being responsible with this drug. Its also quite disturibing to note that I know people who pass out on g at least once a weekend, and when a person passes out on G you must sit there and watch them.
Monitor Breathing, clearing the air way and rolling them onto their side if they need to vomit etc.

I have tried g before and have not ever had it again , the reason being is that i do not like the effects and the chances of Overdosing or passing out are quite high.

This weekend I managed to stop one person from passing out , and another person twice in same morning.

I am sick of lecturing these people to be responsible with their in-take of g. Its absolutely ridiculous how people can fuck up on it on a regualr bassis , yet still consume it so wildly.

I ask the question, what can a non-user like me do to implement harm reduction tactics to prevent things like this happening. I am sick of people saying
'Yes I am responsible with it' and the day after they have to be taken to hospital because yet again they have consumed too much. I am also finding that its often the same people fucking up on g on a regualr basis!

Last edited:
it's fucked. it's a massive problem that could be difficult to solve. imo, i think dealers need to take at least a little responsibility - telling users to take lower doses, taking care to at least *try* to find out how diluted it is, etc. etc.

apart from that, i guess you just have to rely on the people themselves to research. perhaps if we had a more liberal government other harm minimisation tactics would be enforced easier, but we don't, so i can't see it happening too much. i guess groups like ravesafe and enlighten are doing their best, so hopefully they'll continue to grow and be a positive influence on this scene...

often the simple solution is to adminster some form of meth-amphetmine

My understanding is that GHB is a dopamine blocker and so even doing this would prove to be nothing more then a placebo effect.
Where's BT when you need him.

Unfortunately G use is on the rise, and so is the abuse. And what even more unfortunate is that G is not a very forgiving drug. It's the only drug I play by the rules with because in the long run it's jsut not worth it.

Well

From experience actually 3 times on the weekend

used a combo of speed and water to re-vive people that had passed out on GHB

It worked successfully , was quite impressed

How do you get someone who is passed out to drink water?
And is it ethically acceptable to be giving an unconscious person drugs given that (I presume) you have no medical training or literature to suggest this course of action?

Yeah what I don't understand is how people are on the whole very aware of how dangerous the drug is, yet they still proceed to push the envelope. As Sllip said, this is probably the only drug I can honestly say I play by the rules with, and I will continue to play by the rules, I don't see any point in pushing such a volitile drug to the limits for a bit more of a high :\

GHB is no more dangerous than a car or a rock. The cause of these hospitalisations is stupidity and irresponsibility.

Almost everyone I know that uses GHB (or more usually 1,4B) on a regular basis, overdoses on a regular basis, with at least one person falling into an unrousable sleep for hours at a time at some point during every G-session. I guess the 'sweet spot' for a GHB dose must be so close to the overdose level that they're effectively trying to reach a 'nod', and failing - dismally - by topping up the dose beyond their limit. You'd think that if they fell unconscious every time they took the drug they'd learn and reduce the dose, but it seems to be a rare thing to acknowledge that "G'ing out" is an OD plain English.

BigTrancer :)

Much the same way as "getting pissed" and passing out is normal for some yobbos, it's sad that the (usually) smarter drug users often have a similar mentality when it comes to G.

From E-medicine; GHB toxicity

Prehospital Care:

Prehospital personnel can contribute a great deal to an accurate diagnosis by obtaining a history of ingestion from the patient, friends, and bystanders and securing evidence of potential GHB ingestion (eg, small shampoo bottles).

Prehospital care is primarily supportive. Focus attention, first and foremost, to airway management and breathing. Administer oxygen and establish a patent airway. Observe aspiration and cervical spine precautions. If possible, establish IV access.

Consider naloxone for all comatose patients with any respiratory compromise. Naloxone may not be beneficial for GHB ingestions, but it is not considered detrimental.

Reserve field intubations for severe refractory respiratory compromise. Only experienced personnel should attempt this procedure when the airway is at risk.

Emergency Department Care:

ED management in GHB overdose is primarily supportive.

Airway patency and aspiration precautions are of paramount importance.
Consider gastric lavage and/or activated charcoal if co-ingestion is suspected.

Cardiac monitoring is indicated because arrhythmias and conduction deficits have been noted relatively frequently.

These interventions have limited benefit in isolated GHB ingestions because of the small amounts usually ingested at one time (one fourth of a teaspoon to 4 tablespoons) and because of the rapidity of absorption (usually 10-15 min).

If gastric lavage is appropriate, intubate the patient before lavage to prevent potential aspiration.
Use atropine to treat symptomatic bradycardia that is unresponsive to stimulation.

Given the usually benign course and rapid recovery of uncomplicated GHB intoxications, a conservative approach to intubation has been suggested. Certain conditions, however, necessitate intubation.

Perform rapid-sequence intubation if the history of GHB ingestion is unreliable in the presence of severe respiratory depression, hypoxia, or in preparation for lavage.

A sedative usually is not required, but neuromuscular blockade is recommended to avert the paradoxical agitation commonly associated with GHB.

Reversal of GHB-induced CNS depression is controversial. Although physostigmine has been shown to reverse sedation in clinical trials, presently, some experts believe that the risks of physostigmine use (eg, bradycardia, asystole, seizures) outweigh the benefits in most GHB ingestions and that it should be reserved for selected cases, if used at all.

When I got taken into hospital after having too much 1.4B, they woke me up by punching me in the chest. Nice handy little bruise there for a while too. :X

Meth works wonders, I've rubbed it on people gums when they are passed out and it worked a treat! Ethics be damned :p

i used to love G but since it is damned near impossible to get anything but shitty 1,4,B I won't touch the crap.

You'd think that if they fell unconscious every time they took the drug they'd learn and reduce the dose, but it seems to be a rare thing to acknowledge that "G'ing out" is an OD plain English.

The recent attitudes of friends seem to be a condeming one when someone OD's.

They are generally looked after, but after they wake up, are generally scolded (in a metaphorical sense) by many whom have witnessed or even have secondary information about the experience. Either that, or just snubbed. You may say 'yeah, nice friends buddy..' but how else to discourage people other than to make it completley taboo much in the same way IV is seen by a lot of people.

I mean, these are well educated kids who know better -- its not a matter of education its just a matter of not being fucking stupid :)

Who wants to G-out anyway, you miss the fun.

phase_dancer, can you confirm whether the oral meth administration practises above would actually have an effect, given the likleyhood of high 1,4B, GHB or GBL dosages ingested? Seems a little coincidental, I wonder how long after the person has fallen unconcious is this rather interesting method of arousal applied :)

I've got a paper somewhere that indicates that amphetamine may offer some protection when taken before G. I think MDMA may have also been mentioned. I'll have another look.....

It does make some pharmacologic sense. The very mechanism slowed down by the actions of G is running at a higher idle while on the amps.

I should also add that while administering amphetamine may work in most cases, there is also always the possibility of something going wrong. It may have nothing to do with the amphetamine, but it won't make your legal position much less of a concern. Please think carefully about your actions, and not wishing to sound to preachy, but perhaps be more diligent with handing out or making up doses.

G has become somewhat popular up this way like everywhere, but because many users witnessed an almost fatal poisoning before they themselves first tried G, the respect gained seems to have prevailed and no OD's have been reported since to my knowledge.

If you really want them to stop them treating 'passing' out as not that important, then do something to them while they are passed out that makes them aware of how vulnarable they are.

Example, take off all their clothes and hide them, and see how happy they are when they wake up, stumbling around trying to find them.

You might say bastard, but if they are dead in a year, what is more important ?

From what I have read that G sleep isn't that worrisome unless someone has had a tantamount quantity of G. Problems arise when Alcohol and G is mixed. :(

I know what some of you guys are like, so just a little Warning on Ice Cube Enemas. ;)

On a more serious note... I too have noticed that very few people learn from their mistakes with GHB. Several friends of mine who were hospitalised after taking too much learnt zilch from it. It's quite sad when you think about it; that someone can nearly lose their life to the tiniest mistake... And come away having learnt nothing. :(

Dr. Beat, while I think that reminding people of their vulnerability might be an effective way of increasing the chances they'll learn from their mistakes, I think that undressing them would simply get you painted as cruel, and might be deemed some kind of perverted crime... It makes perfect sense, but someone coming out of an overdose is likely to have an emotional reaction to what is happening to them, and simply see it as an attack on them rather than a demonstration of anything.

The problem with people overdosing from ghb/g analogues is that as they go into the temporary comatose state there is no way to know if they have taken a potentially lethal dose, or only a small amount over their regular dose to put them into that state.

Dr. Beat said:
If you really want them to stop them treating 'passing' out as not that important, then do something to them while they are passed out that makes them aware of how vulnarable they are.

Example, take off all their clothes and hide them, and see how happy they are when they wake up, stumbling around trying to find them.

You might say bastard, but if they are dead in a year, what is more important ?

ah yer smart move, and then get charged with sexual assult or something?!