Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB warning - Perth

eccitude

Bluelighter
Disclaimer: Moderators, if any of this post contravenes guidelines or is in wrong forum, can you please edit, delete, or move.

GHB seems to have become more prevalent in Perth clubs over the last few months. The dealer at a certain, let's say "diverse", club at the east end of James Street has been selling vials of G to 'preferred customers', with reportedly no regard as to whether they've consumed alcohol. As many people seem to call into this club to do some shopping before heading off to their venue of choice, please please please don't get tempted to buy any of this stuff for consumption at a club. Perth paramedics and ER departments have little if any experience in identifying and/or managing G drops. If however you are immune to warnings, please please please ensure you write a "G" onto the back of your wrist so that if you require some management then the health care providers have some idea of what they might be dealing with.

If you're not interested in your own health and safety, then maybe bear this in mind. Drug squad raids with sniffer dogs are now a weekly occurrence in many eastern states clubs due in part to the virtual epidemic of G drops earlier in the year.

[Edit] Removed the word 'evil' as recommended by BigTrancer. I really wanted to warn about what appears to be the recent prevalence of G at this club and the likelihood that you may not receive the same level of health management that is provided in the eastern states due to the relative lack of experience in managing G drops in Perth. But I would be really annoyed if Perth clubs get the same amount of drug squad walk throughs with sniffer dogs that seems to happen every weekend in the eastern states nowadays. I only ask that just don't let YOUR personal choice screwup other people's personal choices PLEASE.

Last edited:
hrm - i still dont understand why ppl buy this...

But thanks for the warning. I saw a girl in that very club who was well phucked up on it and she was falling all over the place. I ended up helping her (major downer) but her friends were laughing at her and I wasnt going to let her walk off into the hands of some deviate. If anyone see's anyone in this condition - help them! There is nothing wrong with being a good samaritan. Sadly - guys..... try to get your girlfriend or female friend to be there too if you help out a chick... cover you arse as well.

GHB is not ugly, misinformation, ignorance and people can be ugly.
I agree most ppl shuld not use it as they dont have a clue. U are just giving everyone a bad reputation.

G is a disgusting drug.....i saw three blowouts on the weekened, which im not use to as none of my friends in the rave scene do it , apart from these newly aquainted ones who i meet at my uni.... it was disturbing.... and what was even more disturbing was after these people had "G'd out" they were having more.... in the end i said screw them and let them be...... As a melbourne-raver who has been in the scene a year now and has seen this drug grow in popularity i just can't wait for the day when we are saying
"REMEMBER when all these dickheads were overdosing on G, that was a scary time"......sorry to all those people who say they use it responsibly, but i hate this drug so much because its wrecking the scene i enjoy so much :(

^GHB has been around for many years and will continue to be around, only your position in the scene will change. I don't personally have any issues with taking G as long as it's done carefully and with a toolkit of information to reduce harm. Unfortunately G's relative scarcity (until now) in WA means that they're likely to see a repeat of what's happened recently in the Eastern States - hopefully enough people are sensible enough to "say know to G".

igyzigy; the people are ruining the scene, not the drug. It's an inanimate collection of molecules, as such it doesn't cause overdoses, misinformed/stupid users do.

I certainly hope the west coast can learn from what's happened in the East :\

i always try to discourage ppl from using it, telling them the whole dose/response curve and unknown strength issue, as simply as possible!!

If you want to bump the warning to the top of the forum, just reply with *BUMP*... don't give us your opinion on the pros/cons of G/1,4B. It drags the issue off-topic, and your point does NOT get across. Trust me, as soon as you use the word "evil" in conjunction with a drug, your credibility is destroyed and people stop reading.

BigTrancer :)

editted the word 'evil' out of the original message to make it clearer that harm minimisation was the intention of my post ... so make mine a *BUMP*

Last edited:
"Perth paramedics and ER departments have little if any experience in identifying and/or managing G drops."

I beg to differ on that comment as I know that Paramedics, and especially ED's have had plenty of experience with G cases. Sure, not as many as o/e but it doesn't take too many for the knowledge to spread.

I know a few people that have had to call ambulances after people have either over done it, or mixed it with alcohol (the worst case being a drunk girl getting a drink of "water" from an undyed and unmarked bottle of GBL) and the paramedics were all on point. Sure there isn't always a lot they need to do, it's more that they know what not to do...

I also know a few junior ED doctors at RPH & Freo who are well versed at dealing with G cases, not only because they are interested in drugs, but because they have been shown on ther job.

Yep theres G od's in NZ very frequnetly, a couple weeks ago there were 4 od's at a certain dance party in Wellington (capital) and now theres "GHB KILLS" flyers posted all over the city...

^ Probably because "Lack of education about GHB can cause people to take unnecessary risks with the substance and cause themselves harm" doesn't sound catchy enough...

BigTrancer ;)