• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB Side Effects

Steven325

Bluelighter
I did ghb a couple of times.

I get some weird side effects though. The people I do it with do not get this

1) strange leg pain, this happens after 10 minutes of taking the ghb and stays for 1-2 hours. The higher the dosage the more intense the pain is.
2) getting dizzy/nausea really fast (even on low dosages)
3) scary part: I get muscle twitches/spasms (I think it's called that?) for example I type something on my pc and a finger shoots somewhere I don't want. It's pretty scary/annoying. This happens already after 2 moderate dosages spread out properly.

Is there a solution/explanation for this? I don't use any other drugs/medications (I have in the past but it's been 3+ months)

Last edited:
I would probably blame the 1st and 3rd points on GHB's ability to elevate dopamine concentrations in the brain through the GHB receptor. Twitching and restless legs could be related to messed up dopamine signalling in the parts of your brain that control muscle movement.

The dizziness/nausea is also typical, usually it occurs when people are on the edge of taking too much, or if you're combining it with other drugs.

Out of curiosity, how much GHB would you and your friends take? Do you know the concentration of the GHB dissolved in water? The reason I ask is because everyone has different baseline tolerances for GHB, and for some people even as little as ~1 gram is enough for a good time.

Honestly, to me, these both sound like effects of taking too much for your body to handle. Maybe try taking less next time, or don't take it at all if you don't like the effects. There's no rule that says everyone has to like every drug they try, after all :)

Yeah I understand that. I really like the smooth effect of g and the fact that you don't really have hangovers and that you act normal. I kind of got sick of looking like a turd (cocaine, mdma etc.) or being extremely lazy (weed)

Not saying everybody becomes like that on those drugs but me.. yeah.

I take 3-5ml every time. I really don't know about the concentration but we are with a group of 10 people and all do that amount. With most other drugs I have a pretty good natural tolerance. I don't feel anything if I take less than 3ml. When I feel anything I get those effects immediately. I do have really bad add, which I believe means I have less dopamine, maybe it could be this? I also don't get euphoria from cocaine for example, not sure if that is related to my add though.

But thanks for the reply; this may sound stupid but I was kind of afraid ghb would bring up some disease that was going to happen to me.. I've also had weird parkison like movements on mdma before and it scared the shit out of me.

Last edited:
above all else beware the withdraws of ghb. nightmare isn't a strong enough word

I've only done ghb about 5 times in 3 years so not afraid of that (yet) but thanks for the warning. Another question - can I do ghb with ibuprofen?

I've taken a lot of ibuprofen (and paracetamol) the past week but only 2 the past 24 hours (one just now) Have some g tonight so wanted to give it a try again.

Last edited:
Take alot of Magnesium B6 or you can take a bath in Magnesium HCL, which can be obtained from numerous bulk sellers anywhere. That should help with the muscle cramps.

So for some reason the muscle spasms/twitching is almost gone now. I only got it after the 1st cap for 30-60 min, after that it goes away even if I take more.

However I noticed my right arm falls asleep and hurts while I'm in bed. When I get out, this feeling stays for a while. My right arm used to fall asleep pretty fast before due to really bad rsi. I have to lay in bed in a 'special' way so this doesn't happen. However it happens now no matter how I lay in bed. Is this dangerous, and is ghb known for doing damage? 30 minutes after getting out of bed it still hurts. It also happens to my left arm but it's only 10% numb there where my right arm is totally numb and hurts quite a lot.