• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB Insomnia - help!

edaisycake

Greenlighter
Hey guys....i've been going through a really stressful time so I ended up getting some ghb even though I should have learned my lesson from the last time. (Also I took a lot of mushrooms and smoked weed during this time...poor decisions I know)

Basically, I took about 100g in 6 days....last dose being Sunday afternoon. Now I'm on night 2 and I just can't sleep at all. I'm not feeling too bad except for this terrible insomnia and it feels like stuff inside my body is really tight if that makes sense at all

My question is how long do you think it will be before I can go to sleep again? I really want to not take anything else...I could prob handle a couple more days without sleep but I'm afraid of going completely crazy if I go much longer than that.

So I'm going to the doctor in the morning but I'm not sure what to ask for....does anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty tolerant to xanax and klonopin (actually had 1 xanax bar which I took on Saturday but it only put me to sleep for like an hour). I've thought about asking for valium or ambien but I'm not sure those are good choices either. I also have a tylenol 4 which I've been saving....do you think that would put me to sleep? I just want out of this nightmare without having to take a drug for the rest of my life!

Would appreciate any tips on how I can make this process easier....also should I flush the rest of my g...will I ever be able to have fun on it again?

Just tell your doctor that you have been having some sleep problems the last few weeks, and it's started to effect your work/quality of life. Then, tell him you don't want anything that's addictive or to be dependent on anything. This will let the doctor know that you're not a drug seeker just trying to score some benzos. He will probably prescribe you mirtazapine or trazodone, should knock you out and not mess with your GABA system.

To a point,I agree with the above poster, but I sort of think you need a GABA based/ related medicine. I agree you shouldn't seek certain medicines. Ask for them by explaining your unrelenting insomnia. A good medicine that's not drug seeker type of med is Gabapentin. That stuff will help you where it counts. Doctors consider it lightweight. Tell him it helps relax you. I'm positive you will get it.
See, you want safe easy going GABAergic medicines. They will heal you without becoming another habit. You ask for that one and go on about your unrelenting insomnia, with a touch of anxiety. If you do it right, he'll see you have a desire for safe medicine and also that you want genuine help. He will probably prescribe you a good sleeper or maybe a benzodiazepine. Also when your telling him about your head, comment that it feels dried out. There is a certain mental fluidity that dries up during withdrawal. I'd stay away from trazadone and mirtazapine. They, at best, will complicate things. Sorry, but your going through a rough patch . It's not permanent. Definitely don't say something like " I'm not a drug seeker". That sounds like you used to be one, but your trying not to come across like one. Keep shit simple.
Be vivid in explaining your problem. Need anymore help, PM me.