• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB induced sleep vs unconsciousness

seek25

Greenlighter
So first there is Xyrem, which is prescribed for certain sleep disorder. The maximum single dose recommended in the leaflet is 4.5 grams. I assume this will help the patient to sleep; Erowid says 3-5 grams can induce a heavy sleep.
Then there is "coma-like unconsciousness", which PsychonautWiki says can happen when taking 5-10 grams.
So, are "sleep" and "unconsciousness" 2 different effects/states that this substance can induce?

I am a 62 kg male, meaning I weight less than the average. I took 4.4 grams at once, and only felt a slight change in the way my body felt, no sleepiness at all.
Therefore I am considering upping the dose. I need something that can occasionally knock me out without killing me.

Anyone got experience with doses above 4.5g (5-10 grams)? My main concern is respiratory depression.

Do they prescribed it for fibromyalgia? I have to sleep 12 hours a day to feel rested, I need something to make me sleep deeper, I’d love to be able to function with 8 hours a day of sleep, right now I take kratom for it

So first there is Xyrem, which is prescribed for certain sleep disorder. The maximum single dose recommended in the leaflet is 4.5 grams. I assume this will help the patient to sleep; Erowid says 3-5 grams can induce a heavy sleep.
Then there is "coma-like unconsciousness", which PsychonautWiki says can happen when taking 5-10 grams.
So, are "sleep" and "unconsciousness" 2 different effects/states that this substance can induce?

I am a 62 kg male, meaning I weight less than the average. I took 4.4 grams at once, and only felt a slight change in the way my body felt, no sleepiness at all.
Therefore I am considering upping the dose. I need something that can occasionally knock me out without killing me.

Anyone got experience with doses above 4.5g (5-10 grams)? My main concern is respiratory depression.

4.4g of GHB salt should have a pretty strong effect in the nontolerant. The "only slight change" seems strange. Are you sure your GHB is authentic?

If you need say 8g then GHB might not be the sleep inducer for you. Personally GHB gives me pretty shitty, weird sleep that is short lived and not restful. I find it pretty stimulating. Even when i take a coma sized dose I go in and out of it in a sort of nauseated delirium. Certainly not a valid sleep aid for me.

Gives me unsettling dreams too. When i was 17 i took 7-8g of GHB right before i went to bed. I was already asleep before it kicked in. All of a sudden I'm dreaming im that im in my car in front of my friends house i had left earlier that night and i go to start and boom, the actual GHB that was in my bloodstream whilst dreaming kicks in and I feel like i can barely move, paralyzed. In the dream I knew i had taken GHB and it was too strong, I felt like I was overdosing. The interesting part is that the GHB hit mid dream, yet didn't wake me up from it. I felt the drug effects while awake in the dream world. It was pretty neat in retrospect but it was very scary in the dream because it was actually happening.

Ive tried many times since but GHB and its relatives dont make great sleep drugs to me. I sort of go in between waking and sleep states, not very restful. The dopaminergic effects are just too strong.

Took double the dose (8.8 g) without tolerance. Difference: increased wobbly feeling + I got amnesia. No sleep or loss of consciousness. I do not intend to try any higher dose mainly due to the warning on psychonaut wiki.