• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB first time + didn't really get any effects?`(total 4.5g ingested)

bear123

Greenlighter
I took some GHB for the first time yesterday and must say I'm quite disappointed, as I didn't feel much anything. I have some KoH-GHB in solid form, that hasn't been lab tested for purity but it was received from a very reputable source.
I ingested a total of 4.5g during the night but only felt very slight effects. I'm wondering how to dose it for the next time to actually feel something..
Some basic details about me: male, 23 years old, weight 88kg
Before leaving to my friends house, I went to the gym and had a decent sized low-fat chili con carne around 20:00 with mashed potatoes.
I had a 0.01g accuracy scale that I used to measure 1 x 2.5g dose and 5 x 0.5g doses for later.
22:30 (2.5g)
I took my initial dose, 2.5g dissolved in water with lime juice and drank it. The GHB had a soap-like texture, it dissolved in 5-10min and the liquid tasted like sea water. After 20-30 minutes, I started feeling a mild warm feeling in my head and something felt a little funny when I stood up. Some very mild relaxation was experienced, but nothing much.
I enjoyed some alcohol-free beers while waiting for the effects to properly kick in.
23:45 (1.0g)
The mild effects from my first dose started to disappear, so I ingested another 1g, again with lime juice. I waited another 30min but didn't really feel much anything, apart from a very mild relaxing effect - even milder than from the first dose. My friends started rushing me to leave to a bar/nightclub, but I didn't feel much like going as I felt completely sober.
00:25 (0.5g)
It was time to leave to the night club and as I still wasn't feeling much anything, I decided to take another 0.5g before leaving. We left to the night club and my friends were slightly tipsy. I was feeling completely sober, although slighly less awkward being out in town at night completely sober, as usually I would be very drunk at this point of the night.
I noticed that I had got quite dehydrated, so I had a few glasses of soda water at the club. I was feeling quite ok in general, but quite bored being sober at the club. The music sounded quite nice to my ears, but dancing felt awkward and silly as this is something I would normally only do intoxicated.
I met many people at the club who I knew, but noticed that I had zero excitement in interacting with other people as I would when I am drunk.
01:50 (1.0g)
Before 2am I took another gram and dissolved it into my remaining soda water and drank it. Again, I didn't notice much any effect and got slightly bored at the club. I had a cigarette with my friends and left home.
While walking home I noticed that my body felt quite warm, as it was 7 degrees outside and I was ok just wearing a very light jumper. Overall I was feeling pretty good and confident but the best word to describe my feeling would be sober and aware of my environment.
I went to bed at 3am and had some difficulties falling asleep first. It didn't take too long though, but my sleep quality seemed poor as I woke up around 7am (estimated) and was rolling in bed till 10am feeling very tired and slightly dehydrated.
Now its nearly noon and after a coffee and a few glasses of water I am feeling pretty normal.
Based on my experiences, how would you recommend me to dose the GHB next time? I was thinking, based on my own feeligs, that perhaps a 3.5g initial dose with 2g redoses could be good. However what is really confusing to me, is the fact that everywhere I read it looks like the 4.5g total dose I had was already very large and normally should have been enough to feel the effects very well?