• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Getting Xanax prescribed. HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzlefizzle

Greenlighter
I am trying to get Xanax prescribed because I found that it helps so I am trying to get some advice before I make an appointment. If marijuana was legal where I lived then that would be my first choice since it helps also.

I have been having extreme issues lately getting a job because what I believe to be panic attacks. It seems that the closer I get to my job interview appointments the more stressed I get, I actually freak the heck out. I am all good about an hour before the interview but then something happens very quickly as I approcach my destination appointment. As I get close to the interview time the first thing that happens is that I get tense and start feeling like I have to poop. My stomache being upset also accompanies this. The closer I get to the interview time the harder my heart pounds unctrollably no matter what I try to do to stop it. By the time I sit down with the interviewer I am sweating and feel like I my head is vibrating from twitches. I feel like I have lost all communication skills at this point. This is causing me to lose out on very high paying jobs and is causing an ungodly amount of stress in my life. One time an interview went so bad because of my nerves that I crapped on myself walking to my car in the parking lot and I never have problems going to the bathroom. I have found that this problem happens even more often than when I ill go to interviews, such as in the mornings when I start getting ready for the day, I feel like Ill be alright during the day until something clicks in me and causes a complete change in attitude with the same symptoms I explained when I go to an interview. I have these episodes sometimes even when I start trying to wind down for the evening. This is really effecting the relationship I have with my wife and friends to the point where I try not to go around them. I feel like these sudden attacks cause me to feel tense and snappy. It's like clock work, almost every morning and evening I can anticipate things of this nature to happen.

What is your question? A small dose of Xanax could work well for an interview, but benzos aren't sustainable in the long-term because they don't allow you to actually adapt to your environment, they just mask the discomfort (anxiety, panic, stress, etc.). You might consider speaking to a doctor about medication, but I'd look at other factors first (i.e., diet, amount of exercise, sleep, etc.) before resorting to Xanax or similar drugs.

We don't allow threads asking about what to say to a doctor to get drugs prescribed, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.