• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Getting the Most Out of My Ephedra

psy_fairee

Greenlighter
Good Afternoon Bluelighters...

So I have got myself a nice little bunch of dried ephedra leaves (greenish twigs) and whilst I have been enjoying chewing them for mild stimulant effects and drinking the tea to releive my sinusitis I want to start to play around with the more euphoric ways to use this plant. In particular I was wondering if some sort of concoction of Ephedra and Saffron threads would be worth trying?

Any advice, recipes or tips would be gladly appreciated.....power to the herbs people!

Ephedrine is just not very euphoric for most people. It is however a nice stimulant and decongestant.

I don't expect adding saffron would do anything other than make your decoction smell nice. There's not too much you can do to make ephedrine more euphoric without going into silly drug combinations.

Increasing the dose might make you euphoric, or it may just make you hella sick. That's my only suggestion.

This is not really Advanced Drug Discussion material though. Moving to Other Drugs

Thanks for the move, still getting the hang of all the topics.

Really? Because I know from staff at my local Herb Shop that chewing saffron threads is very intoxicating (I have also tried and confirmed this myself), same as chewing the ephedra provides a mild, spacey (almost methy) effect and you only need a few of each threads at a time.

Perhaps I should experiment chewing some of each? Might be a good avenue to start on?

Before researching some more, I was of the mind that saffron has no or very little psychoactivity, no more than other spices. It is primarily a flavour and fragrance compound.
... upon further research, however, it seems it may well be psychoactive, but its mode of action is either poorly or not characterised. It exerts a nonspecific anticonvulsant and calmative effect, apparently.

Ephedra on the other hand contains ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, which are well-characterised as norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agents similar to a very weak version of amphetamine. The problem is that ephedrine and pseudoephedrine mainly effect the release of "less euphoric" norepinephrine and very little dopamine.

I think you could cobine ephedrine with pretty much any other herbal depressant and have a good time. I would avoid potent MAO inhibitors like syrian rue, avoid yohimbine, and avoid caffeine-containing herbs though.

Just off the top of my head, it may be interesting to try Sceletium/kanna, wild dagga, fresh lactuarium (lettuce opium), kava kava, or even kratom in combination with moderate ephdra doses.

Saffron is basically nontoxic. It's a culinary spice. Even nutmeg needs an inedible amount of powder to be choked down before you OD.

I've tried every conceivable way to try and get euphoria from ephedra/ephedrine and it just doesnt happen. I just end up jittery, shaking like a shitting dog and generally uncomfortable. Its kinda like trying to get high on caffeine, cant really be done.

I imagine you could restore some of the euphoric properties of either ephedra or caffeine if you only use them very infrequently and avoid abuse/regular use.

I just end up jittery, shaking like a shitting dog and generally uncomfortable. Its kinda like trying to get high on caffeine, cant really be done.

LOL!

I looked Safranal up and it seems to have some some anti-depressant qualities. Anyone know how?

I imagine you could restore some of the euphoric properties of either ephedra or caffeine if you only use them very infrequently and avoid abuse/regular use.

This. I quit drinking coffee for 3 months (in addition to everything else) and was knocked on my ass by a medium coffee in the best possible way.

Thanks guys, it seems I think I may have been slightly mis informed by my sources about Ephedra, I originally got interesed as I read that in a certain combination (possibly Guarana and something else??) It becomes true herbal ecstasy and is why it was originally banned??

Does this hold any ground?

Ephedra was banned/controlled, to my knowledge, because ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are methamphetamine precursors.

In common usage ephedrine is essentially non-addictive and little more than a stimulating decongestant. It does work wonders as a decongestant though!

I imagine if you combined ephedrine and caffeine, and had done neither in a long time, you would feel pretty damn good. But it's no substitute for MDMA.

A related drug, phenylpropanolamine (N-desmethyl ephedrine) was banned because it increased the risk of stroke in some individuals. It also was an amphetamine precursor, though. All stimulants of this class are going to raise the risk of stroke and cardiac arrest just by increasing blood pressure. It's what they do.

Ok, thanks for the help Sekio you have been extremely informative regarding this.

Agreed it's a great decongestant, for the first time in years my Rhinitus, Sinusitis and general breathing is alot better. I think I will continue to chew on the stems for a quick release and slight "buzz" and respect the plant for what it is.

Although mixing some with Kava Kava might be worth trying down the track as you have suggested. Thanks again!

Boil ephedra in hot water for 5-10 minutes max and drink that. It'll be more stronger than chewing.

Ephedra + cinnamon twig + ginger + date (or honey) = pleasant warming in the whole body, if you're really congested or have cold, tight, sore, aching muscles.

I personally don't find ephedra very exciting recreationally, but... to each their own.

i read many places that doing it as ECA stack (ephedrine caffeine aspirin) had great synergy, but everytime I've tried it all it did was magnify the negative side effects of ephedrine.

I have experienced euphoria many times on ephedra along with many other effects such as increased confidence, increased alertness, increased sociability, increased sex drive, increased energy, increased metabolism and body temp, and some analgesia. it also killed my appetite and i lost all fat made me look great which was a big plus. naturally I am a depressed and shy person and I am prescribed the SSRI paxil. I used to work as a checker at a busy grocery store, I would take my paxil and ephedra and while I was at work I would drink a huge 64oz big gulp of diet coke... and I was pretty much the most confident and social person ever. It has really helped me with my job and sociability especially with women which is a godsend for me also a potent aphrodesiac... anyhow

caffeine will definitely potentiate it I reccomend a 64oz big gulp of diet coke with alot of ice. you need alot of the ice/water because ephedra will dry you out big time. i wouldnt reccomend taking a paxil maybe you could try the 5-htp. definitely have something to do. it will suck if you just sit around you will be restless. works great for your job, the hours seem to fly by, or even at a party, wouldnt recommend mixing it with alcohol tho i dont think they mix well. doesnt mix real well with weed either

from what i have read saffron has been shown to possibly increase seratonin in the brain. i have taken it and notice no effects. from what i have read you have to take it for like a month for it to have any effect, personally I doubt it does much at all 5-htp is probably much more effective

id also like to add that the tea is the best hangover cure ever, and makes cigarettes awesome. ephedra is so much better than caffeine IMO

i would really like to get some of those twigs i love the ephedra tea... are you sure they are the real deal... i cannot find them anywhere except for one place on the internet and they are too expensive for a tiny amount... any advice on where i can get these twigs

Maybe it's because I've been spoiled with Amphetamines, but i have never felt any kind of mood lift from it, certainly not euphoria. I guess i compare all stimulants to amphet/meth which is why eph to me feels nothing More than a hefty caffeine dose.

Yes positive they are the real thing stavstav2, got them from a friend who is a renound herbalist and grows them for himself and friends.

Yes agreed the tea is alot more potent than chewing.

My diet pills are ephedra based. I think they make my uterus twitch, in a good way.

I have experienced euphoria many times on ephedra along with many other effects such as increased confidence, increased alertness, increased sociability, increased sex drive, increased energy, increased metabolism and body temp, and some analgesia. it also killed my appetite and i lost all fat made me look great which was a big plus. naturally I am a depressed and shy person and I am prescribed the SSRI paxil. I used to work as a checker at a busy grocery store, I would take my paxil and ephedra and while I was at work I would drink a huge 64oz big gulp of diet coke... and I was pretty much the most confident and social person ever. It has really helped me with my job and sociability especially with women which is a godsend for me also a potent aphrodesiac... anyhow

caffeine will definitely potentiate it I reccomend a 64oz big gulp of diet coke with alot of ice. you need alot of the ice/water because ephedra will dry you out big time. i wouldnt reccomend taking a paxil maybe you could try the 5-htp. definitely have something to do. it will suck if you just sit around you will be restless. works great for your job, the hours seem to fly by, or even at a party, wouldnt recommend mixing it with alcohol tho i dont think they mix well. doesnt mix real well with weed either

from what i have read saffron has been shown to possibly increase seratonin in the brain. i have taken it and notice no effects. from what i have read you have to take it for like a month for it to have any effect, personally I doubt it does much at all 5-htp is probably much more effective

id also like to add that the tea is the best hangover cure ever, and makes cigarettes awesome. ephedra is so much better than caffeine IMO

i would really like to get some of those twigs i love the ephedra tea... are you sure they are the real deal... i cannot find them anywhere except for one place on the internet and they are too expensive for a tiny amount... any advice on where i can get these twigs

This. Virtually word-for-word.

I SMDH and LOL @ these rigid, opinionated posters. 8)

"n isn't n and it won't n because of n. I know because I tried once."

Epedra is basically a miracle drug for me. I recommended my brother try it. He's 10 yrs younger and 20 lbs lighter than me so I had high expectations for him buzzing like a mofo on it. Zip, zilch, nada. Tried the best ones and they literally had zero impact on him. Just like sugar pills. He could take one, never feel even a slight mood lift, was hungry an hour later and could take a nap. So I understand posters who say "it's impossible." But they're wrong. My ex-wife got great weight-loss benefits and appetite control but zero mood lift, but she was naturally high and happy all the time. Everyone is different.

Stop trying to impose your rigid opinions on others.

I can't even explain it but after a decade of off-and-on ephedra use (virtually daily for the last couple of years) the benefits I get are miraculous; it helped me cut every ounce of fat off, I get a beautiful, euphoric morning buzz that fills me with hope and the desire to help others and it kills my appetite dead but I'm smart enough to eat really good, healthy food daily and drink tons of water. Maybe I've figured out the perfect stack for me. Oh, and ephedra (for better or worse) amplifies other shit too, especially weed. Found that out the hard way and had a five-hour trainwreck bad trip on weed. And yep, everyone told me that was "impossible" too. I guess I imagined the whole thing.

I've tried half a dozen different ephedra diet pills and I know it's specifically the ephedra because they all have different blends, some with or without ma huang, guarana, etc.

Yes, smoking a cigarette or two a week on ephedra induces a calm, euphoric numbness much better than weed for me. I tell people this and they say I'm nuts. Nope, happens every time.

Also, I cycle off the diet pills for 5-7 days every couple of months with zero effect other than my appetite returns and I need tons of willpower not to eat carb-rich food.