• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Getting surgery need alp cuz I’m already in withdrawal from it is it safe to take my dose?

Fellon n sellin

Bluelighter
I’m getting surgery in about 3 hours for my broken hand and they’re gonna knock me out
Is it safe for me to take at least half my normal dose?

Especially considering all different anesthesiologist use different cocktails to knock you out

If you're taking alp medicinally then mention it to the doctor. If you aren't and you don't need it daily, the cocktail likely has a benzo or some other GABA modulating drug that would tie you over.

Hell last surgery I had they gave me 10mg diazepam to take orally right before, you might just ask about anxiety and they might have something... course that was about ten years back now before scripting practices got tighter in the U.S.

If you're taking alp medicinally then mention it to the doctor. If you aren't and you don't need it daily, the cocktail likely has a benzo or some other GABA modulating drug that would tie you over.

Hell last surgery I had they gave me 10mg diazepam to take orally right before, you might just ask about anxiety and they might have something... course that was about ten years back now before scripting practices got tighter in the U.S.
That’s what worries me I take it medically and recreationally and ik they generally use benzos that’s what I’m worried about

but I’ve been taking benzos daily for about 3 years now so idk what to do cuz I won’t even be able to walk in and I need this surgery

but I’ve been taking benzos daily for about 3 years now
Scripted? If so, just tell the doctor. They will adjust your anesthesia accordingly.

If it's not scripted than I would go for a bare minimum dose, if not nothing at all. Alpraz is short lived, you can always pop some when you wake from the surgery later. Or just a little half mg peach right before you drive over to the clinic.

What dosage are you talking about here daily?

And is Alprazolam THE ONLY benzodiazepine that you’re using daily?

Any other substances or pharmaceuticals involved?

Scripted? If so, just tell the doctor. They will adjust your anesthesia accordingly.

If it's not scripted than I would go for a bare minimum dose, if not nothing at all. Alpraz is short lived, you can always pop some when you wake from the surgery later. Or just a little half mg peach right before you drive over to the clinic.
Was scripted 3mg Clonazepam a day
Lorazepam as needed, then they cut me off cold turkey very unprofessionally (almost died several times cuz of that)

then it was a bitch and a half to get scripts so I went to the streets so I’m gonna have to either take a tiny dose or try and get them to get me some typa benzo beforehand

Sorry to hear that. Benzo addiction is difficult... and to admit it to a doctor only puts you on the 'this guy can't have any good stuff' list. I know my state has a database where they keep track of you... I've had to work hard as fuck to keep my small alpraz script for IBS, always getting dirty looks from the pharmacist I used to use n' shit.

I guess that's all the advice I have... in all reality, the safest thing to do would be to tell the anesthesiologist about your daily use and hope they can work out a proper dosage for the surgery.

Thank you for the advice honestly🙏🏼 and you’re right that’s about all the advice that can be given

I appreciate the replies truly ❤️

Sorry to hear that. Benzo addiction is difficult... and to admit it to a doctor only puts you on the 'this guy can't have any good stuff' list. I know my state has a database where they keep track of you... I've had to work hard as fuck to keep my small alpraz script for IBS, always getting dirty looks from the pharmacist I used to use n' shit.

I guess that's all the advice I have... in all reality, the safest thing to do would be to tell the anesthesiologist about your daily use and hope they can work out a proper dosage for the surgery.
I definitely relate to the dirty looks from pharmacist docs ect.

On that dosage you don’t have a choice but to tell them. Whether you take some now or not.

Alprazolam can be administered for anxiety prior to anaesthesia but the anaesthesiologist then needs to adjust or possibly even change the anaesthetic used.

Point is: it would not be out of place to ask while waiting. But then you need to get there like right now so that you can give credence to your being anxious. Point being they’re not going to give you anything minutes before.

Only other alternative is to take some now, as little as possible just to shake or minimise your withdrawal symptoms, and then get going. But either way you’re going to have to tell them. Unless you’re prepared to gamble on the expertise and equipment of the anaesthesiologist. Bearing in mind that if things go tits up the anaesthesiologist isn’t going to have a clue as to why.

Worst case scenario: you do nothing, say nothing, and go into full withdrawal and possibly seize or worse while under. Try wrap your head around that and put yourself in the anaesthesiologist’s position there and then.

I’m getting surgery in about 3 hours for my broken hand and they’re gonna knock me out
Is it safe for me to take at least half my normal dose?

Especially considering all different anesthesiologist use different cocktails to knock you out
I’m pretty sure I remember you posting before. It’s on your notes isn’t it that you’d issues with your prescribed medication? As in you were taking too many? I’m only asking this as if it is then you’re not going into surgery with a team who are in the dark. They should be aware that you could be a recreational user.

I’m not saying you should lie. I always encourage honesty with ones surgical team.

Yes I did, and I lied about having a Xanax script and it oddly worked, and thankfully they gave me 5 mg of midazolam 🤯

the surgery went well and now I no longer have to worry about that until I need another surgery but hopefully that won’t be for a long time

I also got a script for hydrocodone 5 325s

I truly appreciate the genuinely good advice and am happy to see actually how much bluelight can really help people 😊

Yes I did, and I lied about having a Xanax script and it oddly worked, and thankfully they gave me 5 mg of midazolam 🤯

the surgery went well and now I no longer have to worry about that until I need another surgery but hopefully that won’t be for a long time

I also got a script for hydrocodone 5 325s

I truly appreciate the genuinely good advice and am happy to see actually how much bluelight can really help people 😊
Glad it all worked out dude!!

Hope your hand heals up well for you! ✌🏻

thanks for all the replies 🙏🏼 I hope y’all have a good rest of the day

and even tho things couldn’t have gone better it was still a bit of an eye opening experience as far as my recreational use

And considering where my tolerance to alp is its just that much better to gain more perspective

thanks for all the replies 🙏🏼 I hope y’all have a good rest of the day

and even tho things couldn’t have gone better it was still a bit of an eye opening experience as far as my recreational use

And considering where my tolerance to alp is its just that much better to gain more perspective
Lots of people here with alp addiction. If you ever want to talk to someone about it you know we are here.

I really am glad all turned out good. We are here if you need us. ❤️

The anesthesiologist is obviously a well trained physician in his specialty. It's not like they give you one blast and that lasts for the entire surgery. They monitor you closely, checking your pules, oxygen levels, and that your heart is beating in the proper rythm. Everyone is different and require differrent amounts for a successful job. They are going to give you whatever it take, within reason, to sedate you for the surgery. It is generally a cocktail of drugs such as a Benzodiazepine, Opiod and I once actually got propofol before my surgery. It's my honest opinion that you will be okay,

I would be doing the wrong thing if I told you to try to do this on your own. Anesthesia is serious business, so the safe, responsible thing to do, would be to tell the anesthesiologist. I once had surgery when I was using Opioids previously and I told the ansthesiologist this and he was just like "no worries buddy we do this all the time, we'll get you to the right spot". They did and I ended up with hydromorphone 4's for my recovery because of my Opioid addiction. It was the anesthesiologist who made sure that happended.