• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Getting rid of dope hiccups (100% EFFECTIVE)

easyfrantic

Bluelighter
This isn't some bullshit hiccups cure like standing on your head while drinking water and humming the national anthem, this is the real deal that requires no equipment and can be performed anywhere under the influence of any drug that can give you the hiccups.

Hiccups are caused by a spasm in the diaphragm. A while back I was thinking to myself, what if I made it impossible for the thing to spasm in the first place? Wouldn't that make my hiccups go away?

You just have to over-inflate your lungs by force-gulping more air into them. Do that until it hurts and you're so filled up with air that it's physically impossible to hiccup. Hold it like this until you feel the urge to hiccup die out, and then let the air out of your lungs slowly. They'll be gone instantly, though you need to take it easy for a minute or two so they don't get triggered again.

This works 100% of the time if you do it right. Remember: Just over-inflate until it hurts, hold it for about 30 seconds, let go slowly.

I've tried to tell my friends this but none of them have listened to me so far, and so I now share this with my fellow bluelighters. No one deserves to hiccup for an hour just because they want to use hard drugs. This method works with all things that induce hiccups, provided you don't make yourself pass out in the process (this has almost happened before).

With practice your hiccups episodes will not last longer than a few seconds for the rest of your life. :)

Good luck.

Edit: As an extra bonus I now reveal how to stop the smoke from cigarettes from re-triggering the hiccup reflex. Breathe the smoke into your mouth and shut it, sealing it with your tongue pressed up against the back of your top front teeth. Breathe in through your nose to get the smoke into your lungs. Something about this stops the heat of the smoke from hitting the part of your throat that triggers the hiccup. Now you can also smoke on heroin without *hic* hiccuping all over the place.

Last edited:
Oh my god thankyou SO MUCH!!! lol yesterday I was doing oxycontin all day like I do most days and I very rarely get the opiate hiccups but yesterday I got them 3 TIMES IN ONE DAY!!!, lasting between 30 minutes and an hour and it was driving me crazy and standing on my head worked once but the other times were hell.

You know when youve had the hiccups for so long it starts really hurting? Well thats what it was like and its one of the most uncomfortable, un-ignorable pains.

So I guess il try this next time I get them and I will quote you on it if it doesnt work lol

Thanks for the advice coz I hate the hiccups when sober let alone when im trying to enjoy my opiate high.

Another technique I find useful is to stand up with your arms outstretched to the sides, and make slow deep breaths. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I guess it stretches out your chest and diaphragm enough to stop the spasms. Most of the time this cures my hiccups. :)

Fill glass with H2O. Bend over while holding glass. Drink from the other side, and be careful because water can come out of nose. Drink as much as possible.
Hiccups should be gone.

what do you mean "other side"? you mean pour it through your ass and it comes out your nose?!8o

Drink from the opposite side of the glass dumb ass.
Do you usually drink from your ass? Pftt
It's not that hard to figure out.

^^lulz....

Yeah, take the glass in hand, like you are going to sip from it, but put your mouth on the far side of the glass. Take a huge gulp, and presto--no more hiccups....

jt

Bravo Johnny!!! Bout time someone got this shit. Damn, driving me crazy if I don't go crazy tonight.

Woah nobody has heard of the other side if the glass technique??? And holding your breath is in the same category.

I've tried this, it doesn't work for me. I'm really glad it works for someone out there, but this doesn't help me at all.

I don't get hiccups from anything but buprenorphine, and though I don't get them too frequently (they used to be an every day thing for me) now, when I do get them, even doing this won't make them stop.

I've even burped and hiccuped before at the same time which is quite painful.

I don't get drug-induced hiccups. Must be from respiratory depression or something. Anyone know why?

What works for me is taking a deep breath and then exhaling and inhaling very slowly and then repeating. Works EVERY time as it relaxes the diaphragm. It seems obvious to do this to me.

Alright well I get the hiccups about once a month from smoking cigarettes. I don't really use opiates that much anymore. But when I get them, I have them for about 2 fucking days every time I take a drag from the cigarette. Its the most fucking annoying thing ever.

I have done this for years when I have hiccups, it works most of the time, but sometimes I have to hold my breath several times in order for the hiccups to completely quit.

Geez I thougt I was alone with the hiccups! All my friends make fun of me cause I get them all the time from h but none of them ever get them. It hasn't been nearly as bad lately though, thank God. Nice to know I'm not alone.

Lol @ drinking through your ass.

For some reason taking a spoonful of sugar has always worked for me. Someone told me about it awhile ago and its worked ever since. Don't think there's a logical explanation for it but, it works so hey.