• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Getting my tolerance back (Kpins)

xmetalxwarriorx

Greenlighter
I have been a pillhead since middle school (now age seventeen). If it's relevant, I am a pretty small person at 90 lbs. For about a year and a half, I have been abusing Klonopin. It just kept getting more and more frequent until the past six or so months, especially after losing my Ambien tolerance completely, that it became almost daily due to my life getting worse and worse (non-drug-related reasons). It used to be when I had just recovered from my binge eating problem and weighed 30 lbs more, just 1 mg of that shit would knock me on my ass! Now, I can pop 4 mg and feel NOTHING.
Perhaps this is a naive question, but if I go through all the awful withdrawal, can I get my tolerance back? Also, would alcohol make the detox less unbearable?

First and foremost, depending on the length of time relative to consistent dosing, you need to speak to a Dr. to slowly taper. I've been prescribed 4mgs of klonopin for a year now and I'm currently tapering under a psychiatrist's care, and it's an 8 month taper.

You are treading into a storm, but with that being said, I think the issues here it the drug you're making use of.

Once dependent, klonopin is kinda like methadone. Here is the thing, lets say Xanax would be more akin to heroin, quick onset and packs a punch, it has that kick. Klonopin is the methadone of benzos, slower onset, longer lasting, but lacks that punch.

I think what you're seeking really isn't going to be coming from a clonazepam.

You are treading into a storm, but with that being said, I think the issues here it the drug you're making use of.

Once dependent, klonopin is kinda like methadone. Here is the thing, lets say Xanax would be more akin to heroin, quick onset and packs a punch, it has that kick. Klonopin is the methadone of benzos, slower onset, longer lasting, but lacks that punch.

I think what you're seeking really isn't going to be coming from a clonazepam.

I see where you're coming with that but it's all subjective... The OP's age is what concerns me the most...as pro-drug as I am and this board is, benzodiazepines are hands down the worst and most dangerous drugs...In my experience, your tolerance never reverses. I took 7 years off of benzos and I can take 6mg with little to no effect besides amnesia.

I hear "benzos are the most dangerous drug" alot on bluelight. I would strongly disagree, but... they are definitely an easy medication to get accidentally hooked on without knowing it. I would place, alcohol and barbiturates infront of benzos forsure in terms of danger.

Metal warrior: Your problem isn't tolerance to benzos. Your problem is trying to use a drug to escape your problems. In a clinical setting benzodiazepines are extremely helpful, especially if taken as prescribed. I have been taking 30mg of temazepam, and I can take up to 1.5mg xanax a day. I however only take the temazepam everyday, and forego the xanax unless I really need it. I have not noticed a tolerance because I am not abusing these meds.

As enlightenedone said you need a slow taper to come off of those. During that time you should be doing some sort of therapy to find and heal the root of your problems, ie why you are taking the drugs in the first place.

All that being said, it is a very dangerous game that can lead to some horrible problems if you use drugs to self medicate. I self medicated for many years the issues I have with depression and anxiety, and honestly, I am feeling the best I ever have being in therapy, and taking prescribed medications. You are very young, you have a chance to work on these problems while you are still in your formative years which in the long run will save you a lot of heartache and sadness.