• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Getting busted and electronic forensic recovery + Setups.

Iconoclast

Bluelighter
ok long story short my guy got raided and the popo found 30 pills in his posession. they obviously took them and searched his house but found nothing else. they also took his phone which has my number in it and some txt messages about various things.

what Im curious about is whether I can expect a knock on my door at some stage?

what can they find on the phone?

has this happened to anyone else?

and most importantly, can I trust him now! my mate said sometimes the cops let them off on a deal and get them to round up everyone they deal to?

Your mate is wrong. The idea for the cops it to work there way up the food chain. Letting a dealer off and going after the smaller guys would be working backwards. From experence you wont hear anything more.

If the cops did that, they would have to make a case for everyone and go to court. It's not worth there time. They might however be nicer to him if he dobs on who he gets them from.

U need to lay low and stay away from drugs for a long time. U can expect to be under survelience. When i got busted in Europe they checked all my incoming and outgoing calls.

^ I doubt he is under surveillance unless the messages he sent to his dealer were very incriminating and led them to believe that he may be involved in some way more then end user.

Ok ive asked a few people and they all have said that the police are interested in working their way UP the ladder not down. The police may not have the resources to investigate everyone on the phones sim card.

Some other facts I have found out are:

All txt messages when sent are stored on the carrier message bank for 7 days until retreived, if not reytreived they are deleted.

If the phone has a sim lock it is difficult to retreive any information from it without the pin code.

I am not sure about what technology the police use to read sims, Im sure its no better than whats commercially available. Sim readers are only as good as their software, which is what I am looking at now.

They aren't deleted after 7 days. They're stored permanently. You live in Australia, not Sweden.

Coolio said:
They aren't deleted after 7 days. They're stored permanently. You live in Australia, not Sweden.

I doubt very much that carriers are retaining all text message data sent. The sheer volume of information would be very hard to manage and to sift through it all to find one peice of incriminating evidence would be awesomely time consuming.

Id be inclined to beleive that the data is purged at some point.

Ill investigate this further as I dont think there is any current legislation that requires carriers to keep txt msg data permanently and to do so would run the risk of breaching the privacy act.

If i were you i'd lay low for a while man... just to be safe.
Sorry to say this but...
For the rest of us, let this be a lesson.. don't use text messages when dealing with drug related transactions.

The txt msgs are saved by the carrier. The government introduced this as a law as a means of combating terrorists.

You should be right mate just as long as your not the one dealing to him.

I always tell people never to say anything sus in text messages cause it can always be traced even if you do delete your messages everyday...

Iconoclast said:
I doubt very much that carriers are retaining all text message data sent. The sheer volume of information would be very hard to manage and to sift through it all to find one peice of incriminating evidence would be awesomely time consuming.
A 500GB hard drive (less than $100) would be enough to store every sms sent in Australia for maybe a couple of years. Create a list of drugs and common slang terms take about 5 mins, filter the sms's with that list maybe 10-20 minutes and then order that list based on the volume of sms's received...I'd bet everyone in the top 10000 or so are either dealers or informally supply their friends with drugs.

But don't get paranoid, sms's might be used to boost their case but they still need hard evidence.

rogan said:
A 500GB hard drive (less than $100) would be enough to store every sms sent in Australia for maybe a couple of years. Create a list of drugs and common slang terms take about 5 mins, filter the sms's with that list maybe 10-20 minutes and then order that list based on the volume of sms's received...I'd bet everyone in the top 10000 or so are either dealers or informally supply their friends with drugs.

But don't get paranoid, sms's might be used to boost their case but they still need hard evidence.

yep & also this is why it's good to change your phone numbers regularly especially in this case ...

they do you a search function and they can find every sms that was sent and recieved to your phone over 2 years from what I was told. Remember the cronulla riots well they were able to track down the original sender of the text messages that added fuel to the fire & arrested and charged people.
They tend to log numbers called and when a high rate of calls go to and from same numbers thats how they know who to target ... not rocket science thats for sure lol.

Coolio said:

I donno about au or swedne but in Hungary (Europe) they checked all my outgoing and incoming calls and i read the bill once my case was over and it did say how many messages i got and when but thank god it didnt say what was in it otherwise i wouldnt be here now.