• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Getting Adderall rather than Dexedrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jz1231

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I am prescribed Vyvanse and it works wonders for my concentration, but I suggested the idea of a booster to my doc to allow me to focus for longer each day (I told him the Vyvanse didn't last long enough). Honestly, I am fine with the amount of time my Vyvanse gives me focus for, but I want to get an Adderall IR booster for more recreational/motivational purposes. Now my doc is putting me on Dexedrine as a booster (which makes sense considering it's basically IR Vyvanse), how can I get him to switch me over to Adderall IR? My main concern is that since Vyvanse works well on me and my doc knows it, wouldn't Dexedrine pretty much work just as well? Also, if I get on Adderall IR, what is an excuse to switch back to Dexedrine in case I don't like it?

Thank you. I appreciate any and all help! :)

Can't really tell you what to say to your doctor to procure your desired drugs.

I was switched to Dexedrine IR after complaining of undesirable peripheral effects from Adderall such as extreme vasoconstriction (I developed Raynauds from Adderall), racing heart, sweating, etc.

Possibly I could say that Vyvanse works well for me because it is smooth and doesn't cause issues, but the Dexedrine affects me negatively in an IR format and so I'd like to try an alternative IR capsule (and hint at Adderall IR)?

Or maybe I could be (mostly) honest and just ask to try the Adderall IR to see how it compares.

Last edited:
we don't allow threads asking what to say to your doctor to get prescribed certain drugs.

also getting amphetamine for recreational purposes from your doctor is a great way to make sure it stops working for whatever indication you're supposed to be taking it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.