• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

German government plans to legalize cannabis

bongdong

Bluelighter
These are indeed weird times we live in. 🤔 Not too long ago, the European Commission attempted to criminalize the existence of (the non-psychoactive) cannabinoid CBD. (And failed.) Now, Germany 🇩🇪 actually plans to make progress on the good old cannabis front. It's still a Wild West situation in Europe, not unlike the US, with the ongoing softening of cannabis related penalties, and all the fuzzy judicial distinctions regarding medical use, recreational use, extracts as medication (big pharma..) vs. the whole plant, legal status of possession, cultivation, etc. etc. *argh*. But I think that Germany, the conservative Germany (no offence to german users here), seems now willing to face the situation is a good sign and will hopefully raise the pressure on other european governments as well. We'll see..

BREAKING: Germany to Legalize Adult-Use Cannabis

New German Government Plans to Legalize Cannabis

img_8566_b.jpg

If this happens it'll really have an effect on the whole world! My dad's a lover of all things Deutsche so if this happens it must sway his opinion lol. Can't wait!

Seeing a pattern in european countries :
First CBD flower (any level just has to be below 0.3% THC but italy was 1% THC ) becomes available in a country
then after a year they just legalise cannabis altogether
Switzerland, then Italy now more recently Germany going that way

This is for the best for Germany because they have had a real problem with Adulterated Cannabis (Cannabis plant with added synthetic cannabinoids which decrease the safety profile of cannabis, as well as add addiction and potency )

very glad for you german blers! all the major parties here in Austria: nop....

I am very curious about what kind of system they will put in place. hopefully, home cultivation will be allowed.

Cleaned this thread up.. back on track. Please take that discussion to PM as CD wants nothing to do with it.

Alright let’s light one up to celebrate freedom in Germany!!!

It should be legal I don't know where this world learned about doing drugs probably medieval brew yards and European wine farms.

It should be legal I don't know where this world learned about doing drugs probably medieval brew yards and European wine farms.
non sequitur

there are multiple reasons why marihuana was illegalised in the first place, and all of that information is obtainable online. Paper, oil, there was a lot at stake. As for how "the world" "learned" about doing drugs, I refer you to both Opium Wars, or grams of LSD in ryebread for close to centuries, or ofc WW2

Get ready Germany……..to buy crappy Canadian weed b/c 2 of our shittiest companies are licensed to export to Hermany for medical Cannabis. A flip of the switch and you’ll be getting part of a 1,000,000 kg surplus.

Tom

Get ready Germany……..to buy crappy Canadian weed b/c 2 of our shittiest companies are licensed to export to Hermany for medical Cannabis. A flip of the switch and you’ll be getting part of a 1,000,000 kg surplus.

Tom
Medical Cannabis is already happening in Germany,
if the doc wants to go through all the paperwork. And it's sub-par weed ofc.

Once it's legal we'll import the primo stuff from Switzerland and the Netherlands.

Medical Cannabis is already happening in Germany,
if the doc wants to go through all the paperwork. And it's sub-par weed ofc.

Once it's legal we'll import the primo stuff from Switzerland and the Netherlands.
Yes, most of the subpar weed is courtesy of Canada. It's hard to keep track of the Canadian companies b/c they are being bought/sold/declare bankruptcy but Aphria and Tilray were two companies (at least) that were licensed to export to Germany for medical purposes. Blame 🇨🇦

In order to import, several agreements have to be made on both sides, so it is not going to be like turning a water tap (sadly).

I think the laws/rules regarding international commerce are bizarre. Currently it favours very big companies with deep pockets (for example being able to certify a product as organic or GMO free. Packaging (BPA free).

If the laws regarding international Cannabis commerce were left to me, I would just establish a market equivalent to the international trade in coffee. Loosely regulated, except perhaps for products of designated origin.

There is some stunningly good product being grown by small farms. This stuff is usually kept in province, or if it is exported to other provinces, the big BC and Ontario online stores gobble it up leaving most other provinces without.

But hell, these are exciting times.

Tom

Yes, most of the subpar weed is courtesy of Canada. It's hard to keep track of the Canadian companies b/c they are being bought/sold/declare bankruptcy but Aphria and Tilray were two companies (at least) that were licensed to export to Germany for medical purposes. Blame 🇨🇦

In order to import, several agreements have to be made on both sides, so it is not going to be like turning a water tap (sadly).

I think the laws/rules regarding international commerce are bizarre. Currently it favours very big companies with deep pockets (for example being able to certify a product as organic or GMO free. Packaging (BPA free).

If the laws regarding international Cannabis commerce were left to me, I would just establish a market equivalent to the international trade in coffee. Loosely regulated, except perhaps for products of designated origin.

There is some stunningly good product being grown by small farms. This stuff is usually kept in province, or if it is exported to other provinces, the big BC and Ontario online stores gobble it up leaving most other provinces without.

But hell, these are exciting times.

Tom
Again: we are not talking about medical weed, but fully recreational weed.
We're Germans, you can't just give Germans a sub-par product for recreational purposes.
Give us a bad beer, we'll try to sue the brewery

Netherlands has you beat by 50 years, they make the best product

Again: we are not talking about medical weed, but fully recreational weed.
We're Germans, you can't just give Germans a sub-par product for recreational purposes.
Give us a bad beer, we'll try to sue the brewery

Netherlands has you beat by 50 years, they make the best product
since the actual production is still illegal in nl kinda doubt that. I had better weed from a spanish associacion than in Holland tbh.

since the actual production is still illegal in nl kinda doubt that. I had better weed from a spanish associacion than in Holland tbh.
Holland is just a small region of the Netherlands.
That's like saying Texas when I mean America
And no, since 1999 businesses are allowed to produce weed
since 2021 the State also produces weed

and producing weed yourself is not illegal per se, it is just decriminalized,
so the cops could take the plants away from you, but you couldn't get in trouble for that
and yeah they need a warrant if they want to enter your house, so gl with that.
There's so many people living there who grow themselves

why are you bashing Spain as if that was something bad? Spain's weed is insanely good, because of the weather.
And the hash is insanely good because of the distance to Morocco

I don't know where in the Netherlands you were, but since you don't even know the name of the country,
i doubt you explored much of it. In Dam you get a lot of weed that's even too strong tbh
you must have gotten shit weed, or State weed.

Last edited: