• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Geodon (ziprasidone) INSANITY

poptarts69

Bluelighter
I was prescribed Geodon, 40 mg a while ago for I'm not exactly sure what. Read my other thread if you want more info.

Whatever it is that I have, I'm working to get around it every day and looking into stem cell therapy. In the meantime I've been taking geodon multiple times a day to help with my thinking.

Yesterday I took 5 pills total, which obviously was way more than prescribed. I do this because it lasts so short now and I don't feel any therapeutic effects. I was driving to dinner with a car full of people and my eyes starting doing this thing- going every which way really incredibly fast. It almost felt like rolling. I then went to dinner and it got worse. I could only start to look in my upwards direction and only at lights, and things were going really fast and blurry. When we got in the car back from dinner I could hardly see straight and my eyes were rolling into the back of my head. I COULDNT move them, they were stuck rolling into the back of my head. Someone else had to drive and I STAYED stuck like that for almost an hour, thinking I was never going to be the same again or possibly be stuck like that. What came to mind was the movie Awakenings where the patients are given l-dopa to get rid of their catatonic state. I FELT JUST like that. I was so confused.

It eventually went away after bedtime but I needed help getting into my room and taking off my clothes. WTF happened.... I don't do any other drugs and geodon plus some boba tea were the only things in my system. Since then I have taken the amount as prescribed and it hasn't happened, but I don't think I can take this drug anymore.

I modified the title to include the generic name of Geodon: ziprasidone, so people might recognize it more easily.

I can't exactly decipher exactly what would cause your eyes to roll up & back into your head aside from maybe dystonia, but taking a large dose of any anti-psychotic med could have unforeseen side effects. Hopefully some others with more Ziprasidone experience can chime in with replies.

I am not a doctor.

It sounds like it may be EPS which could be do to large doses of antipsychotics blocking dopamine which is also involved in movement. Similar to how l dopa caused such large improvement in those people with parkinsons, drugs like benztropine (anticholinergic) may reduce antipsychotic parkinsonism like symptoms by like l dopa possibly rebalancing dopamine in areas of the brain involved in movement.

I do not think just because you take 5x the dose you get crazy side effects mean anything necessarily for example i take lithium for a suicide attempt and mood stability im pretty sure 5x my dose would eventually kill me but i have no side effects.

"Extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS), also known as extrapyramidal side effects (EPSE), are drug-induced movement disorders that include acute and tardive symptoms. These symptoms include dystonia (continuous spasms and muscle contractions), akathisia (motor restlessness), parkinsonism (characteristic symptoms such as rigidity), bradykinesia (slowness of movement), tremor, and tardive dyskinesia (irregular, jerky movements).[1] " (wiki)

Do not mess around with antipsychotics without a doctor helping you (i know being patient when you feel like hell suuucks) but just because its not molly or speed or some other drug doesnt mean its any less dangerous when you take too much

In my opinion its the dose that generally makes the poison not the chemical.

Also (no judgement just saying) if your taking way more than prescribed i would not be driving even if it doesnt get you high you could still be impaired. It could kick in and you could get muscle rigidity or spasms suddenly going 60 on the highway crash and kill yourself someone else or their child.