• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Generic Suboxone and insurance

geraggh34

Bluelighter
I hope it's okay to ask about this, i searched for awhile and really couldn't find any good information. I started going to a bupe clinic 2 months ago and unfortunately i don't have insurance. What pisses me off even more is that one time the pharmacy messed up and gave me subutex and i paid half the price, but when i took the bottle to my apt and explained how much this would help considering i make ~1,400 a month and i pay 200 for my apt every 2 weeks and 28 generic suboxone is about 200 every 2 weeks. Apparently in TN it's "illegal" to be scripted subutex unless you're pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a doctor's note saying you have reactions to the naloxone. I know how the naloxone actually works so this is absolutely infuriating. Half the time i think i should just go back to getting high and i don't want to do that, but god damn i can only ask why do we have to get ducked so hard.

So i'm paying almost half my money every month for treatment which is absolutely insane. I don't get rid of any to people so i don't make any money back so there has got to be a way i can at least get cheaper scripts.

Are there specific insurance companies that cover generic suboxone? I refuse to use the film, so i hope there is something i can do.

Edit: after like 10 calls i was able to get hr to enroll me into the insurance the company gives that i work at which is aetna. From my knowledge it should cover this which is great news hopefully i have no issues. if anyone has any input on this insurance feel free to share, if not you can close this thread. apologies for not digging a bit deeper calling companies before opening this thread

Last edited: