• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Generic Adderall Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorade2015

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I need some help. I have been prescribed adderall IR generic for about 3 years now. I have taken both teva/corePharma 20mg generic with great results. I don't abuse it in any way.
However, last week when I went to fill my prescription I was given Actavis brand (orange, half moon on it, with 26 imprinted on it). It does absolutely nothing and helps in no way, and im freaking out bc i have final (accounting) exams this week. Both my doctor and pharmacy basically said i have to wait until next month.

Has anyone had this problem and found a way to make the Actavis work? I dont know, crush it up, put it in soda...something???

Thanks in advance guys. Im freaking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure there are no other forces at play in this matter? Mainly things like tolerance, persistent use are the things that I'm thinking of.

By law, of both the FDA, DEA and Federal Government in general, all amphetamine (and any other drug) preparations should be equal and are probably monitored. Mistakes do happen though. Can you elaborate on your problems please? Do you experience any stimulation at all? Does it just feel different that your normal amphetamine prescription? Are we talking zero effect?

There was one time, that I picked up a Teva brand prescription for Zolpidem (Ambien) and it had none of the expected effects and felt sick the day after. Mistakes such as this on a large scale must be pretty rare, but there are always exceptions. Please do elaborate.

Are you sure there are no other forces at play in this matter? Mainly things like tolerance, persistent use are the things that I'm thinking of.

By law, of both the FDA, DEA and Federal Government in general, all amphetamine (and any other drug) preparations should be equal and are probably monitored. Mistakes do happen though. Can you elaborate on your problems please? Do you experience any stimulation at all? Does it just feel different that your normal amphetamine prescription? Are we talking zero effect?

There was one time, that I picked up a Teva brand prescription for Zolpidem (Ambien) and it had none of the expected effects and felt sick the day after. Mistakes such as this on a large scale must be pretty rare, but there are always exceptions. Please do elaborate.

Hey thanks for the response. I do not think its tolerance at all. I have never gone over my dosage and am pretty consistent. I feel very little effect at all. Very little. Tightness in muscles as well.

If you find generic medications of certain brands don't work for you, talk to your doctor.

Extended release amphetamine has been off patent for a long time, it's not like the process of making it is a secret. And the FDA requires, by law, medications to be equivalent to the non-generics they replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.