Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

General state of Heroin in New Zealand

Rated R

Bluelighter
Hey, got a couple of questions about heroin in the land of the long white cloud, so if anyone would be inclined to share their knowledge that would be great.

I realise a lot of answers to these questions will be subjective, so typical guideline responses would be appreciated.

first off, how is the purity in general? From what I've read it seems our neighbours in Oz get fairly pure smack for relatively cheap, is the same true of NZ? if one were to part with say a hundred bucks (seems like a nice round number) how much could one expect (sizewise and weightwise, again, typical guideline responses, I am sure this will vary), and how many moderate lines will it produce?

I've been interested in heroin for a while, and am planning to try it strictly as a one off (at LEAST long periods between occasional use depending on how I feel about it - i have other priorities in my life at the moment) with a friend - planning on snorting it.

so basically, do the general purity and price of heroin in NZ make it worth a try? purity is important, I wouldn't mind paying for quality to get a true sense of the experience. That being said I am not willing to inject on my first try.

all responses appreciated, if the consensus is that it's nothing special here then I'm gonna donate funds instead to the acid cause, it's been awhile :D cheers

This is just my personal opinion, but if I had the choice between $x worth of acid or $x worth of heroin, I'd go the acid. It's better value for money IMO, in terms of duration and the "experience".

Plus, not to nag, but everyone says they'll try heroin once or take long breaks between. If you're going to do it, admit to yourself that you're prepared for a habit or don't do it at all. Purely my POV, as I know there are people who do it recreationally.

I hope you get the answers you're looking for. When I was in Auckland I heard nothing about heroin but I guess you need to be in the right circle.

Last edited:
well at least your chances of getting adicted is low, coz it sounds as though you will never get it again, if you do, in fact, get it...

anyway, apart from that... N*RC!!!

I don`t think trying it once would really give you a idea of what heroin is like, for most users they dont even get to enjoy it at first its, more of a disgusting feeling or vomiting feeling. In genral it will take around 2 weeks for you to feel the full effect of what it is like by then you will be almost addicted. Snorting heroin is nothing compared to injecting it, which is more common to most users and smoking it through the foil is what they call chase the dragon which kinda gives you a strong buz in the head, i consider snorting it a complete waste.

hey aunty establishment and Deformed_Neuron, thanks for your helpful replies. no sweat about the "nagging", your POV is appreciated as this is a harm reduction site after all.

D_N, I did suspect the quality wouldn't be as high as in Australia, the market for heroin seems small in NZ. And that homebake thing has kinda put me off.. so far it seems the standard of goods here makes it unworthy of experimentation.

TripsterC, thanks for that, is this really the general experience for first time users? Fuck trying it for 2 weeks, I was thinking more get x amount and be done with it in a day. I'm aware snorting doesn't compare to injecting, which is why I wanted to know about purity - ie whether it would be worth it to buy, and actually get an effect from snorting it. I guess chasing is also a viable option.

CuPillar, I can get it which is why I started this thread, but I am pretty sure I won't get straight answers from the seller, so choose to rely on the pool of knowledge here at BL instead. Thanks for your cute comments anyway.

Cheers guys, acid is looking more and more attractive.. ;)

There was an problem a number of years ago in NZ regarding people using the Home Bake method to make Heroin. This was due to tight border control. I would have to say though that if done properly Home Bake could be as clean or cleaner than "comercial" H.
The starting product is usualy OTC codiene tablets, this is then converted into morphine using a chemical starting with P that Im not going to name but lets just say its easy to make from acetylene and then acetic (sp?) acid to convert the resulting morphine into H.
It still occurs to some degree but is restricted to pretty hard core folks who cook for a group of very close friends.

Other than that Im not very sure about its purity and so on in the beautifull land of NZ.

Also be carefull if you do experiment with it, some people seem to love the stuff. Others try it and never go back, just consider what could hapen if you do like it..¿

aunty establishment said:
Plus, not to nag, but everyone says they'll try heroin once or take long breaks between. If you're going to do it, admit to yourself that you're prepared for a habit or don't do it at all. Purely my POV, as I know there are people who do it recreationally.

I have to argee with that, even I am bit off topic... when I first tasted hydromorphone (with needles) .. I said "only once out of curiousity" but it was too easy for me to get and loved the rushes, but wasn't very long lasting... made me wanting more....

But I am over it. :)

mongman is correct.... There is almost no actual H on the "street" in NZ and the small number of junkies here homebake their own goods from morph that has been stolen from hospitals etc. The homebake can be v.clean and will give a nice high if made properly. But be careful...i know a group of junkies and their lives are not pretty...

While I can't attest to the purity and accessibility of heroin in NZ, it does seem to be limited to a rather isolated section of the community. It seems that most smack addicts associate in small confined groups, while the majority of drug takers do not mix with H users at all and don't seem to have any intention of doing so (nor try it)