General advice for a first-timer

maddkatt said:
ppl plz dont post bullshit info ... it doesnt look good on your part ... you know who you are

Actually we dont know who we are. I can guess you mean the OC guy, but his best information probably came from his dealer who seems to be a stupid fuck. I have seen this before so I dont really blame the guy for making some mistakes, it happens. I dont have a problem with you or anything, so dont take it that way, but if you have a problem with a post by me or somebody else, then say who it is. If you are talking about me making shit posts, well then I welcome you to question me on my shit answers. That is the purpose of the forum. Again, not being a dick or anything, but if you have a problem, just say it. Thanks

Man if you are happy with your body then do not use steriods please.. Anyways, you probably won't be able to put on more lean weight w/o steroids unless you know exactly what you are doing, which it seems you don't. Basically i would go for a different routine, more calories (not necessarily from mostly protein b/c average people can only metabolize about their body weight in protein (grams) a day. Also, more protein than this CAN damage your liver), and cut down on cardio. Also, when you are working out spend time, don't get your heartrate too high and don't let yourself start sweating too much (lots of rest and water). Try this routine
Biceps/Tricep
rest
legs
rest
chest/back
rest
rest -- this is a really simplified routine, the other misc muscles should be fit in according to how you work out and how they are being worked in accordance with the rest of you.
Heh..this is all IMO and every person is different, but with these steps i consistently gain weight until i start doing more cardio, but a good portion of the muscle will remain behind (if you take care of it).

Please tell me any medical reason whatsoever that extra protein of any amount will harm the kidneys or liver. I have proved so many know it all dieticians wrong about this it is pathetic. Every study on protein and the kidneys is done on people with underlying kidney disease, usually where their GFR is ultra low. If you find me one study showing any negative effects of extra protein on the liver or kidney I will shit.

I also dont see deltoids anywhere in that routine either. Thanks

A couple of you have implied, and one of you even outright stated, that I do not know what I'm doing in the gym.

I think I do know what I'm doing, as I've been working out, reading, researching, employed trainers, worked with very experienced (more than 10 years) workout partners, etc, for the past 3 years. If you'll re-read my original post, I said:

"I'm just trying out that higher intensity routine for a while, and if I feel I'm starting to overtrain then I will go back to my usual, something like this:
Mon - Chest
Tues - Back
Wed - Legs
Thur - Arms
Fri - Shoulders / Calves
Sat - Rest
Sun - Rest"

I'm really sorry I put the first routine in the message as it seems to have distracted everyone. It really is just something that I did for 4 weeks, as a change, to shock my body a little. I don't believe that doing the same "one bodypart per week" for years on end is the way to grow.

Again, I eat well, I train hard, I do NOT do cardio, and I take reasonably long rest between sets (at least 2 minutes, sometimes 5 minutes on compound movements such as squats).

I feel that many of you think that I am a 'beginner' or looking for 'an easy out'. I assure you that neither of these are true. I am knowledgeable, and I have made good gains in three years. But I have hit a serious plateau, and am unable to gain weight.

If you still feel there is something that I am doing wrong, that I should try before doing steroids, I'd like to know. Appreciate all your comments.

If you find that you grow well on working out 5, 6, or 7 days a week, then good for you, but for the most part 4 days is plenty except for the genetically inclined. I think that it is great that you are going against the normal of what everyone says to do, and finding out what works for you.

I think it would be best for you to write down what you eat and drink for at least 3 days so we can gague your diet, which is most likley lacking. Thanks