• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

GC’s Ibogaine Microdosing Journal

Yeah that’s got me concerned too. At this point I’m probably going to be risking my life when I take it but I have to get back to normal.

As far as references, I think I found one case I’ll try and find the link to. Almost all of the reports came from nurses and physicians I’ve talked to that have been working with Ibogaine for a long time. Not what I wanted to hear since I didn’t find any real literature on microdoses causing problems and assumed it would be safe.

It definitely seems like this stuff has a weird dose/effects curve.

Last edited:
I’m going to see if I can find additional info but this was sent to me by someone familiar with a specific case that caused the remogen recall and prescription status of Ibogaine in Canada.

It doesn’t say the dose in the article but supposedly it was 2mg of active HCl that was the main case being looked at. I trust the source as he is a nurse that’s been working with ibogaine for 15 years and has relations with clinics and administering to patients. Given me a lot of good info.

At the same time, the hopeful side of me has a hard time believing that a few milligrams would cause a cardiac event (unless combined with a drug or the patient had a serious underlying condition) since this stuff is used on cocaine addicts that are going to have had cardiac ischemia...especially with motherfuckers like the 2nd case where a 61 year old 5.6 grams and survived a cardiac event.

Last edited:
Of note - I’m also looking at using BPC157 concurrently to stabilize cardiac function.

Highly speculative on interactions as very little are known about both but I think it would be safe. Just not sure if BPC would counteract any of the effects of ibogaine.

Also found some lit that ibogaine induces a blockade of repolarizing hERG potassium channels which is part of the cardiotoxicity but that it follows a non-linear curve explaining for risk even at low doses.

Thanks Swim, that does make low doses look somewhat dangerous when comparing risk to benefit ratio of larger doses.

Welp I’m through the worst of it... I took another 3-5mg Weds (didn’t register on the scale, usually needs about 6-7mg to register). Not sure if this microdose did a ton but didn’t hurt.

The physical withdrawals seem pretty much over, I still have lingering anxiety but it’s very manageable. Desire to use is there but easy to push aside.

That’s the best way to describe this entire experience from trying to finish up quiting, manageable... It wasn’t easy but in all relativity compared to past withdrawals it was a walk in the park.

Some things to consider.. I only used the benzoylmorphine and related potent opioids for about a little over a month. I used them as much as I could for pain trying to keep the recreational side to a minimum.

But the biggest factor in this all! I had a plan. I went into this fully expecting the addictive allure of opiates to pull me and had multiple things in place to get me off when I need to be.

I think sometime soon I may make a separate thread on that because I feel it could be useful for others in a similar situation with past opiate addiction that absolutely need to use opioid medications for pain temporarily.

I’m very grateful this worked out because the pain I was dealing with was a bit bigger than your average “eat some Tylenol and ibuprofen” pain. I absolutely required potent full agonist opiates, and the doctors if anything would have given me crap hydrocodone/apap or something.

My only fear is that I may get cocky in the future thinking I can will and plan my way out of addiction, but hoping my self awareness will keep me in check.

-GC

I actually ordered some TA extract. I've come to realize I'm dealing with some emotional trauma from the events of the last few years... I think I have some PTSD about it, to some extent. My dad dying the most drawn out and horrible way we could imagine, the divorce, financial woes, my girl's depression, my DUI... it was so much. It's mostly clearing up now or has cleared up or is at l;east getting better, but I developed some bad coping mechanisms (or rather, revived some). I have been feeling so unhealthy compared to I was after I did my flood dose in 2014. This time my intention is to microdose daily for a period of time, I'm going to play it by ear. Depending on how it goes, I may end that period of time with a moderate, visionary tripping dose, if it feels right. But far below flood level.

The last and only time I took iboga, it was profoundly life-changing, and its presence as the massive amount of ibogaine and ibogamine slowly receded to nothing over many half-lives, and the even longer duration of noribogaine, especially at the later, less intense part, was the most profoundly motivated to self-improve I've ever felt. I utilized that time to work on the desired changes to myself I wanted to make, and laid the groundwork, and I was on track for years. Without a doubt the two years after my flood were the best 2 years of my life adult life, or probably my whole life, it was like a personal renaissance. I want to feel iboga's presence again and utilize it for the powerful medicine it is. I feel trying to take another flood dose would be almost disrespectful, and very unwise, but I think microdosing feels right to me. I'm very glad I took this step and I look forward to it. :)

I don't mean to hijack your thread, I just wanted to say it somewhere. And your thread inspired me. :)

Last edited:
Found some mixed literature but what would you guys say is a moderate tripping dose or mild flood dose? 200-400 for tripping and 400-600 for mild flood?

@G_Chem got a PM at your convenience my man

No worries @Xorkoth :) I’m hoping I’m pretty much in the clear anyways.

I’m glad to hear your going back at it again, your experience with a flood makes me want to one day give it a try. I know how life seems to take a shit on you all at once, but usually a lot of good comes after if you can just push through.

I have enough leftover BZM that I was talking with my girl and maybe in a year I’ll try to switch over to that for a month to get adjusted to a Short Acting Opioid. Then go for a flood. At the very least I’d like to see the full power of Iboga. We’ll see though, I’ve lived a fairly happy life on Suboxone so far but I’m sure I could be happier..

@Swim15 Will do :) I’d say your about right on dosages but that’s based solely on my reading.

-GC

Found some mixed literature but what would you guys say is a moderate tripping dose or mild flood dose? 200-400 for tripping and 400-600 for mild flood?

@G_Chem got a PM at your convenience my man

A flood dose is 17-25mg/kg, so it depends on your body weight. If you weighed 60kg, then a solid flood is somewhere around 1200mg (for 20mg/kg). I did about 19-20mg/kg.

At day 6 after taking the flood, I took ~350mg and had a beautiful visionary experience where I was much more in control than during the peak of the flood. But it's noteworthy that I was still very much under iboga's effects on day 6. It had almost certainly all metabolized into noribogaine. But I'm sure my experience with the booster dose was more powerful than it would have been if I hadn't recently done a flood.

Welp made it 9 days then relapsed, it was only 10mg and I felt like shit immediately after taking it but it happened..

Haven’t had any since and thankfully don’t feel like it reset the withdrawals or anything. Just pissed I fucked up.

I’m realizing if I don’t change some things in my life I’m gonna go back again and again. Having the shit on hand doesn’t help either but I need to learn to live with that because I have the ability to just get more anyways.

To be fair to myself this is how I quit heroin last time. Small guilt filled relapses with larger and larger spaces between each one. Hoping it was a one off.

Worst case scenario and I fall back in I’ll be back with some more updates on Ibogaine microdoses huh lol.

-GC

Don't beat yourself up over it man... it happens. The only time I ever didn't relapse was after the conclusion of my flood dose. And that's not true because 6 years later I relapsed. For opiate addicts, relapses happen. If it was a one-off, I know it's scary, but at least it didn't really set you back. You can just consider it a learning experience.

@G_Chem hey man. Our very wise and experienced moderator above gives superb advice. My initial feeling and hope for you is that the disappointment And frustration at feeling That you had weakened and giving in Was actually necessary to build your resolve.

Ive no experience with actual addiction, besides my 4 week kratom flurry and more concerning to me right now- I began taking etizolam blotters daily early November, to manage severe anxiety which was literally endangering my survival at many times.

I havent had a single day off of the etizolam since. But I have kept my max to about 5 or 5.5 mg once or twice in a day, currently is about 3 to 4 mg stable and effective.

Not like 15, 20 mg Which you would expect to see perhaps with the general demographic of people who take etizolam daily for months on end.

But I'm just guessing about that in truth. I'm So Naive of this area and these drugs.

The thing is I react adversely to virtually every psychoactive substance whether natural or man-made, but the etizolam has been a Rare find because I do not have any of these typical reactions affecting my respiratory or digestive system.

And I also Took many different psychoactive compounds to my homeopath recently. who has an incredible Vega testing machine.

My bodily And psychic intuition is excellent with these things and I had a very well formed subconscious intuitive impression of what to expect when testing these different substances.

As strongly expected, all 3 Lysergamides I tested were very good. 1cP LSD was slightly but notably better than 1plsd, As I strongly would have predicted.

And despite never having tried my ALD 52 tabs yet, I was confident it would test as the best of the 3. It did by a worthy margin, but they were all good.

Kanna and kratom were aggravating/troubling to my body. As experienced and expected. Vega testing never lies I swear man, properly used.

My Dutch Bowser MDMA pills, Which I have been too unwell and too scared to take for health sake, weren't positively good, but not terrible either. Suggesting that it may be safe for me to take them and expect just a temporary symptomatic reaction Equivalent to many I have experienced with even natural substances.

Kava was very good. No issue or harmful side, per se.

But get this right. So I was absolutely bang on with all of that. I didn't know what to expect with the MDMA but that was actually quite assuring.

But then I pulled out the etizolam which I biggest logically had to be the worst of the lot being the only chemical and an addictive one at that.

To my surprise it showed particular benefit. And and tested as the best and most beneficial substance of all of them all. I was very surprised. Because it suddenly appears that this very pure research chemical benzodiazepine equivalent was potentially in some way beneficial and supportive to my overall health condition.

But I have been reckless and used daily since November, within range. I have been worried about what I may have set myself up for but I'm hoping I can taper down and used Kava to handle final withdrawals, when I decide It is the right time to completely break from the benzodiazepine.

One really important area it has been helping me with is my anxiety related digestive and eating disorder. Due to the Intense physical experience and suffering from ingesting foods and anything else, overtime I have developed a severe anxiety disorder regarding regular intake of food food and the etizolam has been a godsend here to help me to completely relax and and digest my food and benefit from it much better which has actually been lifesaving. So I considered it the lesser evil has a temporary measure. Half knowing what I may be getting myself into but trusting I can get out of it.

@G_Chem Sorry man. Its been intense crazy living here, surviving. Been thinking of you man. I have faith in you.

Ps.I'm still loving my Kava by the way. It is surprisingly therapeutic for the personality and Especially helpful in developing and strengthening friendships naturally. And the Kava is a very strong potentiator of the Etiz.

Last edited:
Hey there guys.... I love this place and particularly this forum. I have found psychedelics to be extremely beneficial in my fight to end and recover from my opiate addiction of 20yrs. My reintroduction to LSD ignited a series of epiphanies which have continued to unfold while improving my mindset exponentially and giving me the motivation to begin the process of quitting this addiction that has haunted me for half my life. I have been having periodic relapses since I began the psychedelic healing process but the time in between each use is increasing along with an extreme reduction in my cravings. The culmination of these psychedelic healings was a mushroom trip in which I had my first DMT experience in the form of Changa at the peak. This experience had a profound effect on my recovery and instantly changed my perception of myself, my addiction and my role in life. This experience was so profound that it has stuck with me and given me the insight and courage to initiate a set of key changes and improvements towards maintaining not only a sustainable opiate free life but also as a means of working towards growth, development and self actualization that before this experience would have been almost inconceivable to my opiate damaged brain. I am interested in exploring further healing with Ibogaine because of its specific purported benefits as an aid in opiate recovery.

Because I have heavily abused opiates for 20+ years without any real break every time I try to quit I am hit with heavy PAWS symptoms, which in the past have always eventually gotten the best of me and caused me to relapse. I was curious to hear opinions or experiences as to Ibogaine's overall effect on combating PAWS. I have always heard that a flood dose with smaller, early recovery, follow up doses has the ability to greatly effect the recovery experience and for lack of better words, has a way of resetting the brain.

I am very interested to hear how it has benefited the recovery experiences post Ibogaine as opposed to other quit attempts from those who have utilized this tool in their recovery. I am well aware that these tools are no panacea and that real life changes are necessary to sustain any successful recovery and in fact I have already begun this process and have a firm foundation in place towards my recovery and the total reinvention of my life, goals and dreams. I am simply looking for something that could potentially provide that last needed push towards putting the final nail in the coffin of this insidious disease that has plagued me my whole life.

I have a fairly substantial amount of time with little to no opiate usage... Only 2-3 lapses in a period of about 5 weeks but I am still having a very difficult time dealing with symptoms left over from a life time of abuse. Could Ibogaine be a beneficial tool for someone in my position? Would a flood dose even be necessary for someone, who has as much abstinence as myself? or Would microdoses be more beneficial for opiate addicts in a similar position to myself? Just looking for opinions on the subject, experiences and specific scientific studies applicable to my questions and goals of PAWS recovery. Any information or direction to information related would be appreciated.... Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing more on this journal experience.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Yea it wasn’t bad but I should take back what I set it did throw me back into a little withdrawal. Nothing bad but noticeable.

Yesterday I was craving a bit so decided to experiment with some black whole Maca root I hadsourced. It worked amazingly to kick the cravings and provide me energy for the rest of the day and night. I even forgot to take my Suboxone for like 3 hours.

For you guys that may not know Maca. It’s a root used by the Peruvian people of the Andes as food, sexual enhancer and energy. In my opinion it is an underrated substance with quite a bit of psychoactivity to it, albeit weak.

Most commonly found on the shelves as powdered and gelatanized Yellow Maca Root Powder. It is a weak but very long lasting stimulant that’s great to add to coffee in doses of 50-500mg depending. Too much or using too frequently the yellow root can cause anxiety though. It also makes sexualblibido go through the roof.

This Black Maca root was much smoother, stimulating but not as anxiety inducing like the yellow. Less libido increase but overall it actually has a little euphoria this Maca. (Yellow Maca can’t really be called Euphoric.)

I highly suggest you guys try Maca during your withdrawal/recovery. I’m tempted to make a detailed post on it but have decided to wait until I’ve done some experiments with different extraction techniques.

Feeling pretty good this morning still after only having 145mg scraped off into a pot of boiling water for 15min, took off heat then added an herbal tea for flavor.

-GC

Huh, I have never heard of maca being used as a withdrawal aid, though I certainly know of it and have used it. That's cool, I'll have to give it a try. I am going to take one suboxone dose I received today and then after that I have no more opiates and will be relying on stuff like black seed, perhaps black maca now, occasional gabapentin... and hopefully iboga TA extract (it's been in customs for 4 days, this is the 5th... makes me nervous).

I havent had a single day off of the etizolam since. But I have kept my max to about 5 or 5.5 mg once or twice in a day, currently is about 3 to 4 mg stable and effective.

I don't want to worry you too much, but that is not a small dose for daily use. I take 1mg of etizolam to fall asleep or for anxiety. 5mg would make me black out hard. My friend who was very addicted to it was on 6mg a day. It is an error to think that 5-5.5mg of etizolam a day is a small habit. Maybe compared to some.

Hey there guys.... I love this place and particularly this forum. I have found psychedelics to be extremely beneficial in my fight to end and recover from my opiate addiction of 20yrs. My reintroduction to LSD ignited a series of epiphanies which have continued to unfold while improving my mindset exponentially and giving me the motivation to begin the process of quitting this addiction that has haunted me for half my life. I have been having periodic relapses since I began the psychedelic healing process but the time in between each use is increasing along with an extreme reduction in my cravings. The culmination of these psychedelic healings was a mushroom trip in which I had my first DMT experience in the form of Changa at the peak. This experience had a profound effect on my recovery and instantly changed my perception of myself, my addiction and my role in life. This experience was so profound that it has stuck with me and given me the insight and courage to initiate a set of key changes and improvements towards maintaining not only a sustainable opiate free life but also as a means of working towards growth, development and self actualization that before this experience would have been almost inconceivable to my opiate damaged brain. I am interested in exploring further healing with Ibogaine because of its specific purported benefits as an aid in opiate recovery.

Because I have heavily abused opiates for 20+ years without any real break every time I try to quit I am hit with heavy PAWS symptoms, which in the past have always eventually gotten the best of me and caused me to relapse. I was curious to hear opinions or experiences as to Ibogaine's overall effect on combating PAWS. I have always heard that a flood dose with smaller, early recovery, follow up doses has the ability to greatly effect the recovery experience and for lack of better words, has a way of resetting the brain.

I am very interested to hear how it has benefited the recovery experiences post Ibogaine as opposed to other quit attempts from those who have utilized this tool in their recovery. I am well aware that these tools are no panacea and that real life changes are necessary to sustain any successful recovery and in fact I have already begun this process and have a firm foundation in place towards my recovery and the total reinvention of my life, goals and dreams. I am simply looking for something that could potentially provide that last needed push towards putting the final nail in the coffin of this insidious disease that has plagued me my whole life.

I have a fairly substantial amount of time with little to no opiate usage... Only 2-3 lapses in a period of about 5 weeks but I am still having a very difficult time dealing with symptoms left over from a life time of abuse. Could Ibogaine be a beneficial tool for someone in my position? Would a flood dose even be necessary for someone, who has as much abstinence as myself? or Would microdoses be more beneficial for opiate addicts in a similar position to myself? Just looking for opinions on the subject, experiences and specific scientific studies applicable to my questions and goals of PAWS recovery. Any information or direction to information related would be appreciated.... Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing more on this journal experience.

My flood dose eliminated PAWS for me. I was on opiates for 10 years. The residual effects, plus the effects of the noribogaine (which will be present for some time as it will take many half-lives to all clear your system) gave me a period of feeling wonderful and balanced, instead of shaky and semi-shitty as usually happens when you quit long-term opiates. I took that opportunity to work out every day and propel myself into a better place. I never did experience PAWS, I basically launched right into the best two years of my life.

If I were you, I'd give microdosing a try first, because a flood dose is extremely taxing and a huge undertaking. I found it deeply transformative, but it may be that microdoses allow you to more safely deal with the symptoms you're experiencing.

^^I never haven’t either. And to be honest.. The yellow Maca you find in the store will make withdrawal worse. I’m not sure I can say it’s an aid yet but it definitely helped me yesterday.

I bought whole Black Maca root on a site known for auctions, took like a month to get to me from China. Has lots of Chinese symbols on it, pretty legit stuff lol.

If you want it quick buy from “the Maca team” they have powdered forms of yellow, red and Black Maca I believe. Each one with its own unique biochemistry that gives unique effects.

Black Maca is said to be the rarest and most sought after. After doing some research there is a few things it contains...

Maca alkaloids which likely give it the light stimulation and possibly enhance libido. Minerals like zinc which improve mood and sexual function. Potent flavonoid antioxidants. And the one that surprised me, testosterone decanoate.

After reviewing the literature it seems the sexual enhancement effects get stronger as the solvent used for extraction becomes more polar. Testosterone decanoate is horribly insoluble in water, this may be the correlation.

Wish you luck though Xorkoth, what dose of what opiate are you jumping off of? You may have said already and if you have I apologize. I’ve got faith you’ll do it :) You seem determined.

-GC

Not a lot, not even daily. I have been doing every 3 days about, but from long-lasting ones, either poppy seed tea (which forms some sort of lipid complexes of morphine essentially making it extended release) or suboxone. Nothing severe, but certainly there are withdrawals. I also quit totally for 3 weeks over Christmas. Had been dosing more often before that. I am mostly looking for the motivation to not keep craving and relapsing, moreso than withdrawal aid (though I am also looking for that as I have a very busy life and any amount of withdrawal is pretty disabling, especially in the music playing department where I have to be on point and not feeling like a cold bitch.

Ah yea I’ve personally found Suboxone withdrawal to be the nastiest of them all. And opium (aka poppy seed tea) ain’t no walk in the park either as you know..

I really think the small doses of Ibogaine TA are going to do it. If you were able to make it 3 weeks before all it sounds you need is that little extra push.

I’m curious to hear your results too. I’m gonna wait awhile on updating mine just to make sure I don’t relapse again.

I’ve decided I’m gonna work this next week then the following will try another microdose or two just to see what happens.

Cravings are still bad for me unfortunately. Not like dying can’t handle life bad but far from ideal right now. Hoping starting work again Monday will help distract me enough to get through.

-GC

Hey Guys, long time no see. Just browsing the forum and came across this. I have been looking into this for a long time and have had trouble finding any info. I have been taking Methadone for a long time, and recently found Clonidine helps with my cravings, as anyone who had been on MM knows its a constant chase, at least for me. I am never satisfied with my dose, though I rarely ever go up. Clonidine has been very good, but it gives me such bad dry mouth and obviously low blood pressure.

I have been researching Ibogain microdosing for a long time. It sounds like a great way to taper off full agonists. GChem, are you planning on using it to get off Buprenorphine? The cardiac symptoms are the only concern I have, however, the only other person I spoke with about this told me that there is such a great danger of overdose, which I do not believe as long as you are watching your dose, starting slow.

Did you notice any increase in respiratory depression or drowsiness with your bupe dose?

Hey Beenhead,

I’m not entirely sure yet on the buprenorphine. To be honest I’ve used it for the past 10yrs at low doses and it’s brought my life more good than harm I believe. It’s the only opiate that doesn’t seem to need a dose increase ever and is very easy to taper (to a certain point, below .5mg it gets hard.)

That said after this experience my faith is somewhat renewed that there’s something out there which could maybe bring me back to some normalcy. I do have more than enough benzoylmorphine as a short acting opiate to get me through a month or two, then I’d go for a flood dose or microdose/taper.

Idk Suboxone and it’s withdrawal is a different beast that I’m wondering may not be something I can get off without first switching to a SAO.

I did notice increased effects from my Suboxone as well. I’m pretty sure I took less than normal dosages on those days of my Suboxone in conjunction with dropping my BZM dose then stopping.

I should mention I’m pretty much in the clear and feeling back to normal. Went to work today and kicked ass after being laid up for awhile. Zero cravings the past few days.

Very impressed with how this all turned out.

I should mention that in regards to the heart stuff, I was having funky arrhythmias/shortness of breath for the weeks after my surgery and up until I took the Ibogaine. I don’t think those effects were associated with the Ibogaine TA (If I mentioned them at all.)

-GC

You did mentioon the arrythmias which had me a little concerned as then someone posted a study that suggested the cardiac issues are present even at microdoses. I wasn't sure what to make of that.