PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

GC’s Ibogaine Microdosing Journal

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Hey guys,

So in another thread there was discussion of microdosing ibogaine or ibogaine containing materials while on opiates. Not many have tried it from what I’ve seen and the few reports I do find mostly pertain to kratom.

At the moment I’m taking about 1.25mg Suboxone and tapering down on the benzoylmorphine I was using (yesterday using about 50mg total).

Yesterday I consumed what I believe was 6-7mg of supposed TA extract claimed to be roughly 50% Ibogaine and rest being related alkaloids. This was obtained roughly 8yrs who from a reputable vendor in a country which allows ibogaine.

The taste was bitter alkaloidal but unique, kinda reminded me of purified kratom alkaloids in taste.

Here are my notes for the first couple of hours until mostly my anxiety wore off..

11:20am- 6-7mg eaten, strong bitter taste.

11:23- Placebo maybe but I feel a sharpness take over my mind along with a change in visual perception.

1:00- Light yet noticeable effects, mostly positive. Feeling a little spacey, not sure if it’s from lack of drugs (opiates, otc pain meds, etc) or not though.

3:15- Spacey feeling has worn off a bit, grocery shopping was pleasant interacting with those around me.

I stopped after that because quite frankly I was pretty in the zone and very shocked at the intensity of the experience at this dosage. My impression is that this drug has quite a metamorphosis as the dosage increases.

The best way I can describe this feeling is “ideological.” As soon as it came on I got this strong presence of mind to not use any opiates despite the pain I was in. I didn’t allow any of the head games manifest that typically lead to another bigger than necessary dose. (Tapering doesn’t work well when you constantly do that of course lol.)

There was a very strong anti-depressant quality which I attribute to the NMDA antagonistic effect as well as sigma receptors. Normally I’m a quiet introvert when I go out but I was chatting people up, smiling, feeling like I was 20yrs old againand world hadn’t yet taken a big giant dump right on my head yet..

The visual component was a little strong too. I’d compare it to 1/8-1/4 a strong quality dose of LSD.

It wasn’t terribly stimulating like I was expecting though and I actually got quite tired when lately I’ve been needing to use melatonin to get down at night.

Throughout the night was interesting, back to that ideological aspect, I spent the night in this half awake half askeeep stage going over future goals and how to accomplish them. At one point I got up to piss and my CEV were African patterns and designs.

Even now 21hrs later do I still feel a medium level effect.

All I can say is wow... I have so much respect for this medicine already. I’m not one to have a low psychedelic tolerance either... If this is what 6-7mg does I’m excited to try a much larger dose once I’m off opiates.

With that said, I did notice a marked reduction in my need for opiates as well as a potentiation of the opiates I did take. I’ll likely refrain from using it today but this thread will serve as my journal on using microdoses to quit the full agonist opiates I’m using and at least get back down to just 1mg Suboxone a day. (If I go further than that though, I’ll be happy.)

I also feel Ibogaine TA at this dosage would be amazing in a festival setting as is or in conjunction with other substances. My music appreciation and ability to dance was majorly enhanced.

All for now but will update as I eat more. :)

-GC

Wow man, I can't believe you got such strong effects from 6-7mg of TA extract! That's nuts. I have really been wanting to microdose ibogaine for a while, I did a flood 6 years ago and it changed my life, but I really could use some gentle guidance again right now.

There was a very strong anti-depressant quality which I attribute to the NMDA antagonistic effect as well as sigma receptors. Normally I’m a quiet introvert when I go out but I was chatting people up, smiling, feeling like I was 20yrs old againand world hadn’t yet taken a big giant dump right on my head yet..

It's fertilizer.

;)

That was a tiny dose dude,you must be extremely sensitive to iboga alkaloids or TA extract gets stronger over time.

I had 64 or 67mg of ibogaine hcl and got threshold effects.

Imagine what G-chem would be like with a flood dose?

I was absolutely shocked at the results from that dosage too! And my first thought was, “how the fuck do people take 150x this amount in one go?”

A few things, I am one of those people that can handle a lot but is still very perceptive to small amounts. That said this dose still felt like 1/8th to 1/4th a dose of LSD, which for 6-7mg is a lot!

I do remember reading that Ibogaine was sold in doses of 6-7mg (I forget exactly) as a stimulant at one point. That was why I chose that dosage. I also chose that dosage since I’m still taking opiates.

Today I still feel a bit wonky but I can feel the cravings are kinda coming back and I’ve been craving sugar like crazy.

I’m going to take another 7-8mg plus some LSD come Saturday as I feel the two will combine nicely.

I should say the effects weren’t blast me away strong, I definitely feel like 200mg or so would be a dose I’d go start with if I was opiate free and wanting to explore my mind but with how much opiate potentiation I got from this im scared to go any higher. Probably 10-20mg at most.

That’s another thing, the reduced amounts opiates while not providing much analgesia for my pain seemed to get me high as well as cause a major histamine release which isn’t common for me unless I’m pupils tiny as hell faded to the max high.

I’m thinking after this next session I should be able to fully stop the benzoylmorphine and my suboxone should be able to stay steady.

I don’t think this microdose taper method is for everyone, it’s a nice extra push but isn’t anywhere near a magic cure at these small doses.

-GC

Did you do EKG and blood work before hand?

I’m planning on doing some but not sure if at home or at a clinic. Been talking to medical practitioners that have a few decades of combined experience and they got me pretty scared since they said they’ve seen even microdoses cause cardiac events although unlikely.

Still gonna go through with it but not sure about the method yet. Leaning towards microdosing though

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So in another thread there was discussion of microdosing ibogaine or ibogaine containing materials while on opiates. Not many have tried it from what I’ve seen and the few reports I do find mostly pertain to kratom.

At the moment I’m taking about 1.25mg Suboxone and tapering down on the benzoylmorphine I was using (yesterday using about 50mg total).

Yesterday I consumed what I believe was 6-7mg of supposed TA extract claimed to be roughly 50% Ibogaine and rest being related alkaloids. This was obtained roughly 8yrs who from a reputable vendor in a country which allows ibogaine.

The taste was bitter alkaloidal but unique, kinda reminded me of purified kratom alkaloids in taste.

Here are my notes for the first couple of hours until mostly my anxiety wore off..

11:20am- 6-7mg eaten, strong bitter taste.

11:23- Placebo maybe but I feel a sharpness take over my mind along with a change in visual perception.

1:00- Light yet noticeable effects, mostly positive. Feeling a little spacey, not sure if it’s from lack of drugs (opiates, otc pain meds, etc) or not though.

3:15- Spacey feeling has worn off a bit, grocery shopping was pleasant interacting with those around me.

I stopped after that because quite frankly I was pretty in the zone and very shocked at the intensity of the experience at this dosage. My impression is that this drug has quite a metamorphosis as the dosage increases.

The best way I can describe this feeling is “ideological.” As soon as it came on I got this strong presence of mind to not use any opiates despite the pain I was in. I didn’t allow any of the head games manifest that typically lead to another bigger than necessary dose. (Tapering doesn’t work well when you constantly do that of course lol.)

The visual component was a little strong too. I’d compare it to 1/8-1/4 a strong quality dose of LSD.

It wasn’t terribly stimulating like I was expecting though and I actually got quite tired when lately I’ve been needing to use melatonin to get down at night.

Throughout the night was interesting, back to that ideological aspect, I spent the night in this half awake half askeeep stage going over future goals and how to accomplish them. At one point I got up to piss and my CEV were African patterns and designs.

Even now 21hrs later do I still feel a medium level effect.

All I can say is wow... I have so much respect for this medicine already. I’m not one to have a low psychedelic tolerance either... If this is what 6-7mg does I’m excited to try a much larger dose once I’m off opiates.

With that said, I did notice a marked reduction in my need for opiates as well as a potentiation of the opiates I did take. I’ll likely refrain from using it today but this thread will serve as my journal on using microdoses to quit the full agonist opiates I’m using and at least get back down to just 1mg Suboxone a day. (If I go further than that though, I’ll be happy.)

I also feel Ibogaine TA at this dosage would be amazing in a festival setting as is or in conjunction with other substances. My music appreciation and ability to dance was majorly enhanced.

All for now but will update as I eat more. :)

-GC
Wow very interesting and exotic thread to follow ! It is true NMDA antagonists are pretty effective to get off opioids. DXM (along with stuff like kratom and loperamide) was very helpful for me when I detoxed from opioids a few years ago. Have you tried the combo kratom + dxm or lope + dxm or the three together ? It makes withdrawals an almost painless process and I find it much easier to taper than opioids themselves.

Did you do EKG and blood work before hand?

I’m planning on doing some but not sure if at home or at a clinic. Been talking to medical practitioners that have a few decades of combined experience and they got me pretty scared since they said they’ve seen even microdoses cause cardiac events and I’ve got a slight ST prolongation.

Still gonna go through with it but not sure about the method yet. Leaning towards microdosing though

Although it is always a good idea to get your heart checked out before ibogaine, that is really mostly for people undergoing flood doses, which are hundreds of times higher than microdoses.

Although it is always a good idea to get your heart checked out before ibogaine, that is really mostly for people undergoing flood doses, which are hundreds of times higher than microdoses.

Hence my comment about talking to physicians with multiple decades of experience with the drug who have seen cardiac events from microdoses...

That was the entire reason it was made rx in Canada because some had a cardiac event from a 2mg dose. It’s a lot more common than I thought the more I’ve talked to doctors at clinics who administer it

Yeah, that goes counter to what Hamilton Morris has stated about ibogaine in the past.

More information about the cardiotoxicity of microdoses would be welcome!

I'm fascinated by iboga, but the fact that people who have gone through prescreening and take ibogaine under clinical supervision still die from cardiac events sometimes makes me far too wary. It's damn frustrating!

^^^To be fair many of those “screenings” were likely illegitimate. I’ve heard some horror stories of people dying because there were no actual physicians present during when the participants were told they were.. With that type of money it’s easy to get greedy.

So I took another 6mg microdose yesterday along with 1/4 dose LSD.

My girl was scared and only took 1-2mg along with the 1/4 dose.

We both felt it, she said while mild there was definitely something there. She’s usually a hard head that doesn’t feel anything until it’s really got her fucked up so for her to say she felt it at that dose leads me to believe I’m not crazy I’m feeling what I am on 6mg. Not that she felt much but for the amazingly low dose I’m surprised.

I’m thinking this drug has a LARGE dosage range with maybe different stages throughout, similar to 5-MAPB where I can feel a few mg despite it being far from a full dose.

It blended so beautifully with the L. I felt that just like Mescaline and LSD, the L potentiated the Ibogaine more.

Also yesterday was my first day with no 6-BZMorphine and while I felt it at times, this microdose has made this all so much more tolerable. LSD alone can’t do this.

Haven’t had any 6-BZM today either and feeling good.

I should note that these microdoses likely wouldn’t be enough to get someone clean that’s really struggling. I was successfully tapering before the Ibogaine TA but it wasn’t going as fast or smoothly as I’d hoped. I feel these microdoses have helped give me the slight edge I needed to finish the process.

Now let’s see if I can stay clean. Mild cravings and sporadic mild physical symptoms but beyond that I’m feeling pretty damn good.

I bring it back to what I said before, this shit makes me ideological. I feel to some extent that my desire to use is there, but this medicine ignited the fire in my will and my soul that gives me the drive to push through.

And I’m open to the fact this is all placebo lol. That’s why more experiments with others at this dosage range and same product to ensure this is real.

-GC

Thanks for the updates and will continue to follow.

Any impact on sex drive?

How often are you planning on dosing?

Well due to my surgery I wasn’t able to have sex for the first time until today but seemingly no negative impact this morning from what I could see. If anything better than usual.. (Lol although I also didn’t have sex for like a month so yea..)

I’m thinking probably 2-3 more times in 2-5 day increments at least just to make sure I stay away from the strong opiates. I got 1 more week before work again but if this shit is really helping me I’ll use it on the weekends.

Cravings are there but not overwhelming, manageable.

-GC

I'm really glad you're experiencing success. :) I remember with my flood, and the very long, drawn-out tail end/aftereffects, it felt like I just knew what I needed to do to be healthy, and even when I didn't want to do it, it was impossible for me to not see where my priorities were, so I didn't. For example I experienced residual light physical withdrawal (restlessness, insomnia, etc) after the main effects wore off, and even though of course the desire to get an opiate and dose it to help me sleep came up, it was a no-brainer for me to not actually do it. I wasn't even worried I would do it. Mentally I felt motivated and happy/content, despite the lingering withdrawal.

Has anyone run into experiences with long term microdosing? Like 2x a week for a year or more?

Feel like it could be pretty beneficial from what I’ve heard.

G Chem - how long do the stimulating effects last, or are there a lot at those doses? Guessing it’s not like LSD where a morning microdose will keep me up at night sometimes

So not as much stimulation as LSD. I’m the same way where a microdose of LSD can keep me up, but this stuff is more like Mescaline. Slightly stimulating if your awake but like Mesc you can sleep on it (at these dosages at least.)

Yesterday was rough for me, not nearly as bad as withdrawals in the past but I was most definitely craving for a bit of BZM. My guess is that was the peak day, as today I feel way way better.

I do feel the Ibogaine has helped reduce intensity but as I said before most people would need larger doses to get better withdrawal and craving relief. Maybe it’s just made my will stronger, idk.

I’d say at this dosage the withdrawals and cravings have been cut in half for the most part. Still present but manageable.

Hoping today my cravings are better. I think tomorrow I may have one more but I’m a little concerned. My heart has been acting a little funny too, can’t tell from what but has me a little worried it’s the Ibogaine.

Swim any references on those issues at microdose level? I’d hate to die from a few mg of Ibogaine lol, if I’m going out on drugs it’s gonna be more than a few mg of drug people typically take a gram of lol.

-GC