• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GBL taking its toll

I have and it was straight from the jug overseas from a reputable supplier of the highest purity. I was also on a myriad of other substances too i.e stimulants....it was a vicious cycle

Bloody hell, you must have had some tolerance. Stimulants, IME, have never overrode, I'm not saying the effects, but the potential to OD on GHB/GBL.

Bloody hell, you must have had some tolerance. Stimulants, IME, have never overrode, I'm not saying the effects, but the potential to OD on GHB/GBL.

It was my first and only time taking GBL..I had always used naGHB usually converted from the GBL. I remember doing lines of coke mixed with ketamine, and whenever I felt anxious I would take 5-10mls of GBL...In 20 minutes I'd be OUT and would wake up 2-3 hours later with horrific dopamine rebound, hallucinations, and I was so comatose that I would sleep in awkward positions or on top of body parts causing them to fall asleep. After the GBL binge was over, was when I became worried---When I went to work the day after I had horrible water retention/bloating in my face and all over my body...I went and got bloods and kidney function was fine. Honestly, I've always had a large tolerance to everything Ive consumed/mix, but the rebound from the high dose GBL made it impossible for me to not continue taking until it was gone.

It was my first and only time taking GBL..I had always used naGHB usually converted from the GBL. I remember doing lines of coke mixed with ketamine, and whenever I felt anxious I would take 5-10mls of GBL...In 20 minutes I'd be OUT and would wake up 2-3 hours later with horrific dopamine rebound, hallucinations, and I was so comatose that I would sleep in awkward positions or on top of body parts causing them to fall asleep. After the GBL binge was over, was when I became worried---When I went to work the day after I had horrible water retention/bloating in my face and all over my body...I went and got bloods and kidney function was fine. Honestly, I've always had a large tolerance to everything Ive consumed/mix, but the rebound from the high dose GBL made it impossible for me to not continue taking until it was gone.

Happened to a friend of mine on Nitrazepam but his arm didn't wake up for a month. True story.

Sorry but I do not believe taking 200 ml of GBL and not dying

If, and it's a big if, ones tolerance was so high you needed a 10ml dose then it could be possible to go through 200ml in 24 hours. I was pretty bad on the stuff at one point, i.e every day for long, long periods of time, and I never went beyond 3ml to function and 4ml if I wanted to go beddy byes.

Wow I never knew there was any difference in adverse effects between taking the two. Good to know. Hope you manage to get off the stuff. If this thread doesn't do the trick, nothing will. :D

Sorry but I do not believe taking 200 ml of GBL and not dying

Neither did I after it was all gone and I made it to work a bloated mess Monday with exacerbated anxiety. The stimulants in my system were probably keeping me alive..I'm also a 200 + lb bodybuilder and body mass has A LOT to do with G. I have no reason to lie on the internet...I'm not proud of my usage, and that experience compounded with all of my research and observations with GBL users over the years made me come to the conclusion that GBL should NEVER be consumed without converting to naGHB which is VERY safe on the body. I'm not gonna lie though, the onset of a GBL high is fucking awesome!

Neither did I after it was all gone and I made it to work a bloated mess Monday with exacerbated anxiety. The stimulants in my system were probably keeping me alive..I'm also a 200 + lb bodybuilder and body mass has A LOT to do with G. I have no reason to lie on the internet...I'm not proud of my usage, and that experience compounded with all of my research and observations with GBL users over the years made me come to the conclusion that GBL should NEVER be consumed without converting to naGHB which is VERY safe on the body. I'm not gonna lie though, the onset of a GBL high is fucking awesome!

Anecdotally I'm not sure GHB effects have anything to do with body mass. I've seen 20 stone men floored by an average amount of G.

Anecdotally I'm not sure GHB effects have anything to do with body mass. I've seen 20 stone men floored by an average amount of G.

Interesting..I've found bodyweight to be a huge factor. Also, what other drugs did those individuals have in their system?

Wow I never knew there was any difference in adverse effects between taking the two. Good to know. Hope you manage to get off the stuff. If this thread doesn't do the trick, nothing will. :D

Thanks man. That's me run out. I'm taking codeine incase I get any withdrawals.

Stop taking that garbage ASAP, if it eats through plastic it will eat right through your intestines/stomach and you could suffer permanent life changing injuries.

If you keep drinking that Paint Remover, "Your gonna have a bad time".

Think of your child, you need to be there bro

Best of luck to you

Stop taking that garbage ASAP, if it eats through plastic it will eat right through your intestines/stomach and you could suffer permanent life changing injuries.

If you keep drinking that Paint Remover, "Your gonna have a bad time".

Think of your child, you need to be there bro

Best of luck to you

Thanks man. I've ran out of it and I ain't ordering more. It seriously had a hold over me. I can't continue to dose like that. It was just so easy and cheap. Who wouldn't want to feel on top of the world all the time. I'll let you guys know how I get on over the coming days.

While it is better to be off GBL(I found it pretty addictive, couldn't just take it occasionally)l those physical problems that people mentioned on this thread were mostly likely to do with other conditions/causes....I was taking it for 6 years solid, 1.5 ml every hour approximately, perhaps every two hours at night. In this time I held down a pretty good job.I never had any health issues, even had a cold. In the end though you become so tolerant that you're just taking it for the sake of it, very little euphoria, though still helped reduce anxiety, inhibitions etc and increased sex drive etc( that can be wearing on the people around you!)

In the end though the overriding effect was it made me a bit too sleepy, so I just thought I'd stop. I'd tried to stop before with the help of Baclofen and valium, and did for a week or two but because a friend still had some gbl available that was too tempting. Finally after our stocks ran out, we all stopped. This time stopped without valium or baclofen, and it wasn't a big deal.the only feeling was like I was coming off a six year bender, my brain felt like it could do with a damn good scrubbing (sorry I can't convey the feeling any better than that!)(maybe that's the signng the of neurotoxicity, which is all I've ever found while trawling the net which is a negative medical effect of gbl.never seen any evidence of damage to the stomach with gbl.have had blood tests throughout this period and nothing unusual shows up....and I'm 50 so hardly a spring chicken. Good luck anyway.

While it is better to be off GBL(I found it pretty addictive, couldn't just take it occasionally)l those physical problems that people mentioned on this thread were mostly likely to do with other conditions/causes....I was taking it for 6 years solid, 1.5 ml every hour approximately, perhaps every two hours at night. In this time I held down a pretty good job.I never had any health issues, even had a cold. In the end though you become so tolerant that you're just taking it for the sake of it, very little euphoria, though still helped reduce anxiety, inhibitions etc and increased sex drive etc( that can be wearing on the people around you!)

In the end though the overriding effect was it made me a bit too sleepy, so I just thought I'd stop. I'd tried to stop before with the help of Baclofen and valium, and did for a week or two but because a friend still had some gbl available that was too tempting. Finally after our stocks ran out, we all stopped. This time stopped without valium or baclofen, and it wasn't a big deal.the only feeling was like I was coming off a six year bender, my brain felt like it could do with a damn good scrubbing (sorry I can't convey the feeling any better than that!)(maybe that's the signng the of neurotoxicity, which is all I've ever found while trawling the net which is a negative medical effect of gbl.never seen any evidence of damage to the stomach with gbl.have had blood tests throughout this period and nothing unusual shows up....and I'm 50 so hardly a spring chicken. Good luck anyway.

Same, other than bumps and scrapes and the acute withdrawal I've never noticed any bad side effects.

I just binge once a week on GHB these days and a few strategic valium help out massively.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Here's an update on my situation....

Last week I ran out of GBL. After a day I decided to order 1 more 100ml bottle and keep it for special occasions like concerts etc. This order comes from Poland so it took a week to come. During that week of no GBL I had no significant problems. I was taking 8 30mg codeine tablets to help though. If I'm honest I did feel a bit anxious at the end of the week.

My order came and the website decided to give me a special treat by making my order a 250ml bottle.

As soon as It arrived I was scooping that liquid up with an oral syringe and diluting it was orange juice. I'm pleased to say that I have hardly touched the bottle since Friday. I think I have this under control. I also feel good knowing its there with my other narcotics that I keep in a jar. I really do see this as an excellent alcohol replacement.

I truly hope so man! I haven't ever had any experience with gbl or ghb but this thread makes GBL sound pretty dangerous to be addicted to and sounds like it can take a serious toll on your body. If you ever find yourself slipping back in to your daily use you may want to give it to a good friend to hold on to so you don't have constant access to it. Addiction is a very scary thing and I have been battling it for a long time. Don't let it ruin you.
Best of luck Pb109 stay strong!
Don't let the drug use you.

I truly hope so man! I haven't ever had any experience with gbl or ghb but this thread makes GBL sound pretty dangerous to be addicted to and sounds like it can take a serious toll on your body. If you ever find yourself slipping back in to your daily use you may want to give it to a good friend to hold on to so you don't have constant access to it. Addiction is a very scary thing and I have been battling it for a long time. Don't let it ruin you.
Best of luck Pb109 stay strong!
Don't let the drug use you.

Thanks man. If you ever smelt GBL you would really wonder why the hell you'd drink it.

I tried it because I was going through a stage of trying all different varieties of drugs because of easy access through the dark net markets.

I never for one minutes though I'd have an addiction problem with it. Suddenly when taking it through the day I turned into a confident, funny, really happy person.

My experience with gbl withdrawal was much worse. I'd been taking it all day every day for a couple months to help with opiate withdrawal. When I stopped the gbl my hands shook violently for a full month and anxiety was almost unbearable. Sounds like you made it out ok, glad you fared better than me

Here's an update on my GBL situation...

My intake has been ramped up. I'm now taking 3ml 6 times a day. Why I am I taking this? It's given me confidence, making me happy and reducing boredom big time at work. I tried to stop taking it but 8 hours after my last dose I started to get unbelievably anxious. I had to continue using.

My son who is 6 is seeing daddy sleeping on living room and hall floors because of nearly overdosing. My girlfriend is pregnant too and is at the end of her tether. She tried to pour my bottle down the sink but I grabbed it and ran off. I lied to her later by saying a poured it out and I will deal with this addiction issue.

Here is the scary part, I still feel after all of this that I'm still not ready to let go. My friends say I look ill. I hardly sleep. You guys know what G gets like, you end up needing it to sleep and you only get about 5 hours then you are ready for another day. 30 cigarettes a day ar also being consumed. I'm know I should stop but it's a scary thought.

I've ordered amphetamine for Christmas to binge to take my mind of it. I also ordered LSD so I can maybe search into my soul and ask why you I'm doing this.

Please be careful if you experiment with this drug people.