• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GBL Long Term

DatNiggaJ

Bluelighter
Anyone know long term effects of GBL? Friend has been dosing 10-15 ml per day for 2 months, and has had no negative side effects other than minor withdrawal. Is addiction and withdrawal the only danger?

No, unlike GHB, GBL is hepatoxic so toxic to your liver because your liver turns the GBL into GHB. It can be pretty damaging to you physically but the withdrawals are what id be more worried about. You do realize GABA drug WDS(Alcohol, benzos, GHB/GBL/1,4b) can kill you pretty easily if your habit gets bad enough and your unable to find anything to stop the WD's, apparently you can just seizure out of nowhere and die without even feeling that bad before the seizure. Not to mention anxiety & depression & all the rest.

I cant quite think what else is so bad about GBL compared to GHB but there are other reasons why its physically damaging. Now 1,4b, that stuff is baaaad for you and I wouldn't recommend even bothering with the stuff. I prefer GBL to GHB myself due to the faster come up, I think its more euphoric, you need less and its just awesome but GHB is basically completely safe in regards to toxicity, it gets eliminated by the liver very efficiently and basically does no damage to your body unless your dependent and having seizures/DT's/WD's.

If your friend cant control their G use id strongly suggest staying away from it, benzos and alcohol. They are 3 drugs than can land you in a world of unimaginable hurt & ive been addicted to many drugs but never any of those because GABA drug withdrawals scare the absolute crap out of me!

Sekio has said it is flat out false that it is hepatoxic.

Maybe it is neurotoxic due to exitotoxicity though. but that is just speculation currently afaik.

I've read the acidosis/borrowing ions from organs is a myth. Any other opinions or data? Acidosis is apparently from ODing and that neurotoxicity would probably be similar to other GABA drugs.

My friend takes super b complex daily and is very fit but still doesn't see a reason to stop. He just feels uncomfortable and a little tingly or crawly when he stops but only lasts couple hours. I would love to find out if it is toxic to the body or liver though. Thanks