• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GBL/ GHB withdrawal HELP

Managed to get rid of my neverending 2 year 24/7 cycle for a month with the help of tapering, clonazepam and qetiapine. And quess what - im on this shit again! I managed to get 30 2mg clonazepam and quetiapine, so i start withdrawing tomorrow.

I dont know how can i be so dumb? I can use all drugs without any seriuos complications except GBL. I have been using for 4 weeks. Every two hours at start, but every hour now. Cant sleep without it too.

It is going to be hard, clonazepam eases withdrawal a little but it does not eliminate it completely. I hope that i can pull this off. I have to work at the same time. also i live with my girfriend, who cant get to know nothing about my situation.

If i succeed with my withdrawal, i am throwing all this shit away. I just cant be trusted with it

Last edited:
This is a huge bump, but I couldn't find anything elsewhere and was hoping someone could help answer some questions as I'm going through withdrawal right now. I'm amazed after about a 6 day binge of 1.5-2.5ml a couple times a day and had one day where I took way too much ended up with withdrawals already. This stuff is easy to take all day. I have some phenibut and etizolam lying around and I'm curious about the taper with them. Sometimes I can avoid taking any gabaergic drug but I'm trying to figure out what dosing of anything gabaergic would do to lengthening my withdrawals. If completely avoiding anything gabaergic would relieve me of withdrawal much faster then I'll really cut them down. Just need to know how much Phenibut or Etizolam is too much and will be counter productive or if the cross tolerance isn't enough to really extend GHB/GBL withdrawal. I'm only taking 2g of Phenibut which I suppose I have a tolerance from use about 10 months ago as Phenibut tolerance really takes forever to go away and .5-1mg of etizolam if I can't sleep or anxiety spirals out of control.

I cannot offer any other advice then to go seek medical treatment if it gets bad. I just am finishing up alcohol and phenibut withdrawals and it was terrible. I tapered the Phenibut fast, but still felt some pretty strong effects from the withdrawal. Initially, I was drinking first to help cover the phenibut withdrawals. Eventually I just had to go get medical help.

It wasn't the worst withdrawal I ever went through, but it wasn't fun that is for sure. I am still recovering from it actually.

I am assuming the Phenibut would help, but If you are going to get off of the Phenibut then taper off slowly.

Best of luck.

GHB/GBL is indeed an evil drug... it's innocent and fun at first, but i like most people especially with addictive personalities end up doing it 24/7. :\

I agree with "the golden rule" 100%, but not until you have the correct medications to face the W/D because if you go into W/D unprepared, you're in for a nasty week with GBL/GHB.

I currently have valium, baclofene, can get diphenhydramine if necessary + my "usual medication" to sleep, for anxiety and paranoia/schizo, but which are useless for GHB W/D...

Last time i went through GBL W/D (2 years ago i think) it was absolute hell getting off (but i also cold turkeyed benzos and methadone at the same time, allthough not by choice) and got NO HELP from any doctors, ended up becoming a serious alcoholic for 8 months...

BIG THANK/FUCK YOU TO MY PREVIOUS DOCTORS WHO CUT ME OFF:p:p:p:p

Let's hope things go better this time (i will try to update as the W/D go by)

wish me luck

edit: has been 24+ hours since last use of GHB, since i have a fair of baclofene leftover i went that route, and apart from feeling a bit weird as one usually does when one starts baclofene i'm feeling surprisingly ok, got a bit of valium too, just took 2 to chill out a bit, even manaed to get a bit of cleanin done and ate a healthy meal.... feeling pretty normal so far, legs are a bit tired from a lot of partying, but otherwise fine.

Last edited:
How intoxicated were you getting?

Just buzzed, or blacking out?

I am sure the milder the effects were, the easier the withdrawal.

I cannot offer any other advice then to go seek medical treatment if it gets bad. I just am finishing up alcohol and phenibut withdrawals and it was terrible. I tapered the Phenibut fast, but still felt some pretty strong effects from the withdrawal. Initially, I was drinking first to help cover the phenibut withdrawals. Eventually I just had to go get medical help.

It wasn't the worst withdrawal I ever went through, but it wasn't fun that is for sure. I am still recovering from it actually.

I am assuming the Phenibut would help, but If you are going to get off of the Phenibut then taper off slowly.

Best of luck.

Whoa, I do not remember making this post. I eventually started drinking and would occasionally use Phenibut off and on (never really more then two weeks) but then would have to really ramp up the drinking. Eventually I just had to taper the alcohol slowly and then just stopped. I was lucky I stopped at the time because I had been on an opiate run for about a week so I got off pretty lightly. The timing was basically perfect.

I abused the shit out of gabergenics. It wasn't even fun, or at least it wasn't fun for a good 75 percent of my using history. Alcohol was always the fall back, but I was always throwing shit on top. I shouldn't be here alive today. This particular withdrawal was terrible, I remember trying to fall asleep and just consuming hard liquor all night trying to get some sleep. What brought that very brief halt was the thought of having to try to drink at work. Of course later I did end up doing that (about a year later actually).

I cannot use drugs and stop. I just do not have that control. Glad to realize that now. I have 48 days totally clean today, because of NA and therapy. I don't plan on ever going back, but I have to just focus on not using today.

Last edited:
a question to those who do it every hours or every 90 minutes ; does it even do anything beyond keeping you awake and fresh ? because for me after about 30 days 24/7 it started not to, any g effects beyond the 2 i mentioned above.. whats weird is as well i panicked and tapered down in 48 hours from 20lm a day to 0, since then alcohol does not work either, its been 3 days practically sober and i cant sleep, dont have anxiety .. but i'm freaking out that maybe something happened to my body

btw this is the 4th time i quite GBL, but this is the 1st time i have these symptoms.. i also have very mild hallucinations and loss of appetite

^^i hate to admit it but i love Ghb/Bdo and thankfully never fell into the pattern of using 24/7..i honestly dont know how someone falls into using it 24/7 unless you are just chronically bored sitting around your apartment al day..i mean, for those addicted, did you have a job during this time?u would bring it to work?i always found ghb to be a party drug, not something i want to take while at work..i couldnt take it at my work and still work 100% so im curious to how some do it..

the thing that keeps me using the stuff is its absolutely amazing ability to make socializing enjoyable and much more engaging..i have found nothing else like it..

Hi guys, I'm about to go into gbl withdrawal again. It has been a while, usually I endup on two-three day binges at max 2 ml per dosage every 1-2 hours. Why that might not seem so long for me it's enough to send me through a week of hell with sweats, insomnia, depression, rapid heartbeat and exteme vasoconstriction. I know it's stupid, but every now and then I slip up. I make sure when I do I never have more then a 100 ml at home. Lately I've quite drinking too and been holding up good. That ofcourse used to only make it worse. This time I've managed to sleep without it a bit thx to etizolams. Yesterday I managed to get throughwork with only one 1.3 ml dosage, it was hard but I made it. Today still feeling leftover sedation from the etizolam, think that I might need a small dose this afternoon. I'm thinking of tapering off this evening and take eti to sleep tonight and try to go without a nigth of gbl. Going through it a couple of times I've noticed taking 5-htp actually, since it also influences can cause vasoconstriction, makes withdrawl a lot worse making heartrate spike and panic more intense. So I don't do that anymore. I know now it'll be intense and the thoughts I'll get are just delusion, so I hope I can get through on being hard on myself. I also take some calcium-magnesium-zinc tablets and I was wondering if you can combine Vit B3 (niacin) and ginkgo bilove since they're both vaso-dilators or if it's safest just take one of them (and which one would be best?) Thanks for your advice! Maybe silly, but I also always have a lot of bananas to replenish pottasium for the heart? Now i just have to drag me through work without anyone noticing :) but that usually works I hope.

Realize that everytime you go through withdrawal it is likely to become more difficult.

I didn't even read the thread but NO COLD TURKEY, you need a benzo taper with NO alcohol .. alcohol is so unpredictable as far as mood alteration and your body just converts it into nasty metabolites that'll make you feel like butt shit.

I didn't even read the thread but NO COLD TURKEY, you need a benzo taper with NO alcohol .. alcohol is so unpredictable as far as mood alteration and your body just converts it into nasty metabolites that'll make you feel like butt shit.

I see where you are coming from but the type of person who is taking GBL around the clock has probably lost the self control required to taper. This was definitely true in my case anyway. I personally had to kick the lactone cold turkey in jail after a three month binge because I got locked up for a DUI. After I got out of jail and went to get my car out of impound (or what was left of it anyway) I was shocked to find the police hadn't identified my bottle of G as I had over 200mL sitting in the back seat. Luckily at this point I had fucked up my life enough to realize I needed to flush the leftovers immediately. I'm almost glad that accident happened because I would almost certainly be dead if I would of kept down that path.

Assuming a person isn't a complete junky with the stuff like I was I think a quick taper directly off the GBL would be preferable to switching to benzos and tapering off those. Kicking both at the same time is worse than the sum of the parts. Of course the obvious benefit of switching to benzos is you can get them legitimately from a doctor (although you may have a hard time finding a doctor to prescribe you benzos after admitting to a G addiction) but I think in the long run that spending 5-10 days tapering directly off the G would be easier than suffering the GABA-A and GABA-B withdrawal. Phenibut is always an option for the worst part of withdrawal as well.

Regardless of how you do it getting off G is definitely a good life decision.

My friend has a history of Gbl withdrawal, but this time its fucking horrible! Just a good month of 24/7 and hes a trainwreck, severe anxiety, pounding heart...for him the worst part is shaking as everyone can see something is wrong.Last time he got moderate anxety after one month, didnt need benzos only a little alcohol at night.Today he did 1.5ml in the morning so he can study for 2 hours, still had anxety but minimal tremor, 4.5 ml would have him enable to sleep for less than 2 hours.Tomorrow he will be getting some etizolams, just a minimal amount before going in public to prevent tremors :) At first the tolerance develops kinda slowly but then it just explodes.It really is the crack of sedatives, like somebody else mentioned.

Last edited:
damn yeah id recommend anyone that has ever been addicted to gbl to never even think of buying it again..the feeling is great but it also cheapens lifes other activities in such a way that i can see why people keep sipping on the g...through a ton of personal experience the only way to truly enjoy gbl is by using it once a day, twice at max...any more than that and its just a sleepy sedative feeling, no happy buzz to be had after the 2nd dose, at least not for me...i think others seem to get more kick after multiple doses as they sem to keep falling into the 24/7 trap..

Update:I had oround 100ml of Gbl left and threw it away .On the 3 and 4 day of withdrawal i couldnt go to work (had no etizolam left), i was in bed and just concetrating all the time to control the anxiety rushes in my brain, but in a week i started to feel like a human being again, in oround 15 days i was completely to baseline.I think i would never ever order this poison again, without it my memory has improved a lot and my thinking is much clearer, gained a couple of pounds of weight have a lot more apetite now.If you have a history of withdrawal on this shit, please stay away from it!Isnt worth.If you never had it and thinking about ordering it, order max 500ml if you must, if you start to take 2ml just to get a medium buzz, please stop for a week minimum.

i just dunno how you 24/7 users of gbl function as in go to work and do other things or are you just sitting in your house sipping it all day?especially if u are waking up having to sip it every hour or so, id imagine you would feel like shit all day, dont you due to lack of sleep?

Drink loads and loads pineapple juice. It puts your head right. Also try cranberry, pomegranate, and mango, but pineapple worked best for me. My first proper food intake was oatmeal biscuits. then in the afternoon i was able to eat what resembled hospital food. Bland but nutritios: Brocolli, potatoes and a chicken breast. with yogurt for desert. After that slept 12 hours. Then tried forcing myself into a daily routine. Once i was off gbl. I was so great full and relieved. It was a living hell. My mind would not stop thinking. Unstoppable, like a running river. I could not sleep but for 3=2 hours before taking my next shot. Anyway, its all over. Good night and peace be with you.

belfort:Thats the thing on Gbl, 4 hours of sleep is all you need, well, its kinda of a mini coma than sleep :) Now sober, sleep for 8 hours, wake up feeling like shit, but thats...normal :)

Exactly what I am going through now. Tingley sensations, odd bodily movements, strict diet, and ran out of valium idk how it happened but it did. Left with etazilam and Xanax and alkaline water aka 1tsp per gallon purified water with an ionizing lemon wedges to lower my ph. Don't know wtf is happening to me. It's not just bad I got god damn lucky I found my baclofen and am taking abs lowest dosage of ml per 1.5 hours. Two days, almost three. Hardly any sleep. Doctors in usa know nothing and will label you the drug addict seeking bahavior which would ultimately be exactly what I need! It's a treatment. Been taking coconut water, bananas, avacados, etc... multivitamins as above. Now symptoms range all over from pain to anxiety to blurry vision like wtf. 1 year nothing like this...

Admitting now that I'm I have an addiction 7 yesrs to ghb... Started from strictly night clubs, then rapidly turning in 24/7 sleep, work, social event you name it... Binges anywhere from 2 weeks to 2months, withdrawals thought are the most brutal thing a person will ever have to go through.. Why I keep doing this shit is beyond me, but anyways thought this might be helpful to everyone... When I'm starting to come off my 2 month straight... And when I say straight doing about 50-60 ml a day.... Kinda figured out a trick for myself but not might work for everyone.... Will need to get your hands on ativan or clamapam they word beautifully.. When you are about to quick I suggest in morning... Wake up from a g induced sleep.... Now this stage is tough not going to lie don't give in.... At about the 6-7 hour range no doses of the g... Turn on the ativan or clamapam whatever you got... Works like a charm for me and back to normal in two days.... Just wanted to share as this has saved my life many times goog luck!!!!!