• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction GBL and Suicidal Thoughts?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
Can anyone explain this?

I've never had this affect before but in the last week or 2 GBL has been causing me to get suicidal thoughts whilst high.

Does anyone know why? The only reason I can think is that is that I feel I'll won't be this happy again.

Maybe you shouldn't do GHB then? It does decrease inhibitions, sort of like alcohol, but at the same time, there's nothing that you could point to that has a direct correlation with suicidal/self-harming thoughts.

As long as you don't find those sort of thoughts to be unusually prevalent and/or invasive, I'd try not to worry too much about it.

Does this happen on any other drugs? Do you get those sort of thoughts while sober?b

^ can't say i've ever tried GBL but I have felt this weird emotion sometimes when taking opiates, but its very hard to put into words; kind of a quiet longing for sleep and death.

Can anyone explain this?

I've never had this affect before but in the last week or 2 GBL has been causing me to get suicidal thoughts whilst high.

Does anyone know why? The only reason I can think is that is that I feel I'll won't be this happy again.

Isn't suicidal ideation not entirely uncommon using gabaergic substances and depressants and stuff?