• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gas and base

:(
Incidentally, from what I've heard and other have mentioned before, Forensic analysis on Meth rarely turns up anything > 80%.

Fark... thats sad :(.

hmm sometimes i would get the paste that didnt smell one bit and tasted so rank as meth does and other times i would get sweet smelling stuff, sour if you will.

I normallywet paste as well. It's great going and I can't complain about it. The only thing is that racking paste is very hard since it sticks to everything. So I dry my own to get a solid mass of wizz.
All you need is a glass baking tray and epsom salts. Put the epsom salts in the tray and bake them at your ovens highest temp for 30 minutes. Allow the epsoms to cool to room temp and then place your open baggy-o-gear on top of the epsoms and cover the tray with glad wrap that's been pulled tight like a drum over the top to ensure a seal. This is how explosive chemicals are kept dry in the lab.
After about 24 hours all of the liquid has evaporated leaving a crystally solid that has fused into one mass.

I have no idea if this the freebase or some salt product. I'm guessing it's HCl salt product, because upon smoking it burns instead of melting and vaporising.

If it's the salt it shouldn't be wet like that though should it? I'm confused by all the terms.

Also can someone please clarify.....

The stuff that people smoke is called crystal/meth = the HCl salt in high purity rock form (isn't it the freebase that is smokable like cocaine freebase?)

The HCl salt should be a dry powder and form good crystals. Why is my gear wet? I'm sure it's just water, but there's no reason for it to be there unless someone has added it.
The freebase should be oily/pastey and this is the smokable form of the drug due to it's lower Melting Point.

I normallywet paste as well. It's great going and I can't complain about it. The only thing is that racking paste is very hard since it sticks to
everything. So I dry my own to get a solid mass of wizz.
I have no idea if this the freebase or some salt product. I'm guessing it's HCl salt product, because upon smoking it burns instead of melting and vaporising.

The increased temperature will drive off some water and most solvents present. By using an anhydrous drying agent (epsom salts) you are merley dessicating your product by allowing a more water loving substance to "steal" the water from your gear. Providing no direct contact is made, you are not introducing or changing anything other than the water /solvent content.

If it's the salt it shouldn't be wet like that though should it? I'm confused by all the terms.

Look up the meanings of deliquescent and hygroscopic.

The stuff that people smoke is called crystal/meth = the HCl salt in high purity rock form (isn't it the freebase that is smokable like cocaine freebase?)

The HCl salt should be a dry powder and form good crystals. Why is my gear wet? I'm sure it's just water, but there's no reason for it to be there unless someone has added it.

The freebase should be oily/pastey and this is the smokable form of the drug due to it's lower Melting Point.

Please read/ re-read my above posts. You might also like to look at this famous BL thread

My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!

Providing no direct contact is made, you are not introducing or changing anything other than the water /solvent content.

I already said that I was just drying it. Why did you repeat me? I just didn't want to sound like my chem professor when I explained it.

look up the meanings of deliquescent and hygroscopic

Maybe you should...I don't need to look these terms up....Here's the thing, once it's dried it never gets wet like it was again. It always stays hard and dry. This leads me to believe that the water or solvents were never evaporated properly or that water is added later. Knowing the meaning of deliquescent and hygroscopic isn't going to solve the problem, as neither of these processes are occuring...wouldn't you agree???

clocker said:
I already said that I was just drying it. Why did you repeat me? I just didn't want to sound like my chem professor when I explained it.

Maybe you should...I don't need to look these terms up....Here's the thing, once it's dried it never gets wet like it was again. It always stays hard and dry. This leads me to believe that the water or solvents were never evaporated properly or that water is added later. Knowing the meaning of deliquescent and hygroscopic isn't going to solve the problem, as neither of these processes are occuring...wouldn't you agree???

oooooo shit IT'S ON NOW! ;)

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
HAHAHA Oh man!!! Do NOT take P_D to town about chemistry... He is THE MAN!!!

lol
This could get fun! =D

lol paisly ive been sitting here waiting for the response ;) my thoughts are exactly as yours :D

Sorry bout the delay.....study a necessary priority atm.

Well, from your initial post I got the impression you weren't sure whether you were producing something during the operation

I have no idea if this the freebase or some salt product.

I was merely reassuring that no change in the composition was occurring (apart from H2O loss).

I'm guessing it's HCl salt product, because upon smoking it burns instead of melting and vaporising.

If Meth-HCl is heated gently to just below it's temperature of decomposition, it will vapourize. This is why people smoke the HCl salt. If heated too quickly or much above ~135 deg C it will decompose, leaving some organic (tar) residue. This is why there's no boiling point listing for methamphetamine HCl. If it's contaminated, this (pyro-tar product) often happens even with gentle heating.

In regards to a love for water......

From Erowid:

Color photo of Methamphetamine crystals. Note the small drops of water forming due to the hygroscopic nature of the material.

(colour & underline added: p_d)

photo

Humidity can definitely affect dry meth if its exposed to moist air. If you live in a dry area, it may well be that, once dry, meth may not absorb any moisture. But I'd bet exposed crystal would be hard to stop going gluggy if outside on a foggy night, or inside a room so high in humidity water is running down the windows. A hot, rainy, summer party night has often seen long faces when trying to line up what was once powder or xtal.

It's quite possible paste could contain some water instead of, or as well as solvents and impurities. As said, many producers don't care as long as their stuff sells. I'm sure there's also those who don't realise the extra profit from turning goo into glass. It's so market driven, and many old timers who've always been content with second grade product are happy enough just to be able to get a regular supply of what they're used to.

Perhaps I've generalized a bit regarding what meth is or can be. It could be that your source is supreme in quality due to the cook having some degree of knowledge and conscience, but I'd tend to question anything sold in good faith if the product happened to be heavier due to water (or worse). I suppose it could be as innocent as the preparation environment being damp, but anyway you look at it, it would seem a dodgy setup IMO.