• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

🧑‍🌾 Gardening 🧑‍🌾 Gardening in General

Gardening

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Hey my fellow Bluelighter's

I wanted to start a thread that's about gardening or growing plants that you have or like in general. Also to give advice to other members that are growing, whether its a certain plant or just gardening in general. Like what you do or use to make your gardens lush or flourish or specific plant's for that matter. Also just a place to brag or show off your beautiful plants in your garden. Pictures are encourage if you feel free to post them.

For me instance i have nice front garden thats got roses, a succulent patch or space, some general or landrace strains specific flowers to my climate and continent and so in my back garden. Though in the back i have more bush type plants and a few flower patches or places and my cannabis plants and a few more succulents and flowers specific to my region again.

I used to be big into gardening when I was little. Would help my mother and grandmother around in the garden. They taught me how to trim day-lilys, and how to water plants and flowers without ruining them.

Would like to get back into it because I found there was some ease and comfort when I worked in the garden. I don't really have the space for it here where I am living. Kind of one of those situations where I don't know if I will still be here tomorrow.
I did purchase some Tabaco seeds awhile back, if anything I would love to grow some of that. I think it would be interesting to make my own.

I thought I started a gardening thread way back in the day in Second Opinion 🤔 (which then turned in to this fine sub-forum :) ).
So, cool thread idea Coffeeshroom ☺️

I love plants, mainly indoor pot plants, I treat them like they are my pets. I also love gardening. My mother is a hugely avid gardener, she's always out in the garden.

I have only ever gardened as a means of income. I don't particularly enjoy it because it gets mknasty hard work out there

^^ Income??

Here are some of my lil bb's <3
LI7sUBL.jpg

I have only ever gardened as a means of income. I don't particularly enjoy it because it gets mknasty hard work out there
I also do gardening as a means of income but like it, gardening is very therapeutic for me.

Reactions: CFC
I've always loved gardening as well, ever since I was about 10-11 or so. There's something about it that feels more real that other stuff. And I like being able to make things grow, to work on projects, design planting schemes, create fresh produce or flowers, and encourage insects and wildlife etc.

Speaking of designing stuff, I've really been getting into sub-irrigation systems (self-watering) lately. They all self-water from reservoirs I built beneath them, and the water is carried up via wicking strips. The reason it's called self-watering is because as plant roots draw up moisture from the soil, it encourages the wick to draw up more water. So it never gets either too saturated or too dry, and the soil is able to maintain a comparatively stable moisture and nutrient content no matter how greedy the plants get. Which is especially good for, say, heavy flowering annuals and particularly vegetables

Here's a few snaps of some projects I've recently finished:

KeBfhyW.jpg

iSbZN7B.jpg

z2YvlYZ.jpg

r7ki2gX.jpg

Last edited:
Well planted a lot but a cold snap killed everything except my dill and tomatoes, but at least I’ll have a lot of both :)

Also grow various cacti and ephedra sinica.

-GC

Well planted a lot but a cold snap killed everything except my dill and tomatoes, but at least I’ll have a lot of both :)

Also grow various cacti and ephedra sinica.

-GC
Does anything ever kill tomatoes?? :D
We had a "cold snap" here in Sydney the last couple of days too, it was 45F overnight :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::LOL: That's about as cold as it ever gets here....

And I absolutely love everything cacti <3

Does anything ever kill tomatoes?? :D
We had a "cold snap" here in Sydney the last couple of days too, it was 45F overnight :eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::LOL: That's about as cold as it ever gets here....

And I absolutely love everything cacti <3

The cacti garden provides me with the most beautiful substance imaginable. Just got myself a gram of Mescaline acetate from these babies which will be a good time come next weekend :)

-GC

Fantastic thread!

I hope to add to it when I get home from work.

got a few indoor plants. A couple of mango seedlings i germinated, a pawpaw given to me as a gift, a 1m tall avocado a friend gre and gave to me. A few herbs.

it’s hard to keep a garden thriving when I work 2 weeks away and 1 week back at home.

Once again, fantastic thread!

keep the contributions coming.

The cacti garden provides me with the most beautiful substance imaginable. Just got myself a gram of Mescaline acetate from these babies which will be a good time come next weekend :)

-GC
Oh how wonderful!! :love: Mescaline is one of my all-time favourites <3 We've got some san pedro growing in the backyard too, of course. My best friend Dan had some peyote but when he passed away I don't know where it went/who got given it.

This the start of making a garden this year (can you see the little pot plant?)

5-ABF6-FC8-8-FC4-4250-AC3-C-404-AD3310802.jpg
No I actually can't see the little pot plant but I look forward to seeing growth updates! I used to grow pot too, I treated it like my babies :)

This year I have pumpkins , big sunflowers , mint , rosemary, basil, thyme . The kids love checking on the pumpkins , I use the herbs for cooking and the sunflower seeds go to my parrots !
How lovely!! I think growing fresh vegies and herbs and fruit is really important for kids to learn <3 So delicious too, of course.

Oh how wonderful!! :love: Mescaline is one of my all-time favourites <3 We've got some san pedro growing in the backyard too, of course. My best friend Dan had some peyote but when he passed away I don't know where it went/who got given it.

No I actually can't see the little pot plant but I look forward to seeing growth updates! I used to grow pot too, I treated it like my babies :)

How lovely!! I think growing fresh vegies and herbs and fruit is really important for kids to learn <3 So delicious too, of course.

Nice! :) It always makes me happy to hear other people tending Mescaline containing cacti, it’s something we need more of in this world.

I’ve given away a lot of planted cuttings and always so happy to see them later on thriving in their new homes.

Sad about those peyote though, that’s one cactus that intimidates me. I feel I’d fuck it up somehow or be too tempted to eat one after keeping them alive for so long. Have you eaten peyote before? I haven’t..

-GC

Nice! :) It always makes me happy to hear other people tending Mescaline containing cacti, it’s something we need more of in this world.

I’ve given away a lot of planted cuttings and always so happy to see them later on thriving in their new homes.

Sad about those peyote though, that’s one cactus that intimidates me. I feel I’d fuck it up somehow or be too tempted to eat one after keeping them alive for so long. Have you eaten peyote before? I haven’t..

-GC
No sir I have not. My best friend and I were going to eat some together but alas, he died before we had the chance.

I actually think his parents have the peyote, which is perfectly fine by me. They kept a lot of his cactus collection <3

A LOT of my friends have san pedro cactus :)

this thread helped inspire me to finally get something in the ground this season. i'm off to a humble start with just a tomato plant but hope to branch out (no pun intended) next year.

fruiting:
midnightomato.JPG