Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
last night's episode was excellent - great pre-battle atmosphere.

lots of people gonna die...

alasdair

Yeah I really think they've knocked it out of the park so far.

The whole idea of everyone hiding in the crypt and them making such a big deal out of it kinda makes me uneasy. Someone down there is getting brought back to life and it's not gonna be good.

yep - they're pushing the "the crypts are safe" thing a little too hard...

alasdair

Someone down there is getting brought back to life and it's not gonna be good.
simply being dead isn't enough for them to become a wight. the corpse control/animation magic seems to be like a contagion that requires contact. the others or their wights have to get down there first before anything can be reanimated, and if one was already reanimated it probably would have been moving long ago, or would have started moving once the wall came down

remember that the crypts aren't for anyone but the kings in the north/lords of winterfell, and the long night was like 8000 years ago, and i seriously doubt they'd bury one that still had those blazing, ice blue eyes that all wights have down after the long night, when they all knew exactly what those eyes meant

as far as anyone knows there's only the one entrance to the crypt, so that might end up causing trouble if there's a secret path that was lost, but gets used to sneak the dead into winterfell

^ we know there are secret passages in to/out of the crypt - master luwin told theon in season 2.

alasdair

I was cracking up when Tormand told the story of how he became Giantsbane by suckling the teats of a giant's wife for 3 months. She thought he was her baby. That's how he got so strong, giant's milk. I laughed so hard. He's great! I hope he doesn't die.

TMZ said fans were freaking out about Arya having sex and they were looking up her age. She started out really young on the show, but obviously she's old enough now for sex. It wasn't a big deal and they only showed side b00b.

Next Sunday will be an epic battle! Kinda nervous about how it's all going to turn out.

I'm nervous too, but these are the moments that make GoT.

Here's my MUST LIVE and RIP lists by the end of episode 3 (or first moments of ep4)

MUST LIVE!!
Aegon Targaryen
Ser Brienne
Sansa
The Hound
Tormund

RIP!!
Theon
Lyanna Mormont
Bran
Grey Worm
Gendry

???
Melisandre
Varys
Samwell
Davos
Bronn

^ i could see the Hound/ Sandor Clegane perishing after a heroic act of redemption. If Tormund Giantsbane goes, I'm sure Ser Brienne will be heartbroken :rolleyes:, unless a Jaime thing finally happens.

If I had to choose I think I'd rather see Arya prevail over Sansa, but Bran (as mushy and empathetic as he is now) hopefully makes it as their 3 eyed raven/ encyclopedia of everything and it would suck to have lost Hodor if Brans going to go too.

If Grey Worm goes then hopefully Missandei does also . Not going to fret over Theon. I think Jorah might save Lyanna somehow at his own peril. Would also be nice if Gendry and Pod the sex god somehow make it.

Have to say I'm a tad worried with the Knight King's new blue fire breathing pet dragon :unsure: Though the fact he can ride it strengthens the NK= a Targaryen angle.

At least I prepared by rewatching every season on demand this year before s8 ep1. Who needs sleep or productivity at work with that much GoT. Viserys' golden crown, The Red/ Purple Wedding, Hold the Door, Arrya's list and Cersi blowing up the Sept of Baelor were some of my favorites, and of course Khal Drogo-Until the Sun Rises in the West and sets in the east, until the rivers go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

Def count me in as nervous.
Serious Props for Ramin Djawadi as well. Excellent music these last 8 years.​

Last edited:
^ And right when Jaime was about to kill Lady Olenna, she revealed to him it wasn't Tyrion who poisoned Joffrey, it was her. She called Joffrey a cunt. That was great too.

I was so pissed when Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor because she killed Queen Margaery. Queen Margaery was so hot, she was one of my faves.

I'm nervous too, but these are the moments that make GoT.

Here's my MUST LIVE and RIP lists by the end of episode 3 (or first moments of ep4)

MUST LIVE!!
Aegon Targaryen
Ser Brienne
Sansa
The Hound
Tormund

RIP!!
Theon
Lyanna Mormont
Bran
Grey Worm
Gendry

???
Melisandre
Varys
Samwell
Davos
Bronn

What about Daenerys? You think she'll live or die? I'm guessing she's pissed now that she knows Jon/Aegon has a right to the iron throne and she doesn't. That's all she ever wanted.

And right when Jaime was about to kill Lady Olenna, she revealed to him it wasn't Tyrion who poisoned Joffrey, it was her. She called Joffrey a cunt. That was great too.
I was so pissed when Cersei blew up the Sept of Baelor because she killed Queen Margaery. Queen Margaery was so hot, she was one of my faves.

Olenna won that scene with Jaime even though she was the one poisoned. Cersi didn't seem to care that Tyrion didn't do it. Her scorn doesn't fade.
Queen Margery was hot, keen and knew how to play the game without being Cersi vicious. She would have been good for Tommen, too bad the high sparrow got a hold of him first.

What about Daenerys? You think she'll live or die? I'm guessing she's pissed now that she knows Jon/Aegon has a right to the iron throne and she doesn't. That's all she ever wanted.
"Dammit, this bastard (and my nephew?) I hooked up with is now the rightful heir to MY throne? Jon Snow your queen demands you lead the most dangerous Vanguard against the main onslaught of the White Walkers" ?

Last edited:
jamie and Sansa are the only ones with prophetic plot armor that has to be resolved before the season ends and literally every single other person is dead next episode. Dany dying would get rid of this stupid pesky argument about who gets the throne and Jon can just be miserable for the rest of his days and mourn her in sad mopey winterfell silence while his sister rules the seven kingdoms and lets Jon be in charge of an independent north. On the first page I said Dany but now I low key hope she dies. Gendry I think also lives too because to wipe out the king's entire house would be nihilistic on GRRMs part and while he's a bastard he's not entirely a nihilist. plus that would make a cute circular ending to s1e1 "you have a son I have a daughter lets join our houses". just a different son and a different daughter.

i would assume it would take at least another 5 years for the mini series to even get close, by then this series will surely be over.

heres for Daenerys or Jon Snow as the person who sits on the iron throne.

well I certainly fucked that timeline up

I don't think Jon dies...he will either survive or have something horrible happen to him short of death. The show wants you to think Dany might let Jon die because of her ambition...but I think something like that would be too obvious.

I'd say that issue will not be resolved next episode.

My guess is that maybe they split up. Jon keeps a dragon to defend the north and she flies to kings landing to catch Cersei off guard? Or something. Idk, I've been trying to think outside of the box because I doubt whatever plan they came up with would be easily predictable.

Besides, I think she knows that Jon has no desire to rule anything other than the north. But there's the issue of the others who know the secret.

Guess we will just have to wait :(

Yes. I can't even imagine what will happen, but if I had to choose, I'd rather have Daenerys die instead of Jon. Daenerys used to be my favorite, but she started getting on a power trip with "Bend the knee!" I'm more fond of Jon lately.

Jon is a man of honour- if he believes himself to be the rightful heir, I don't think he would considerate it honorable to simply be Warden of the North. I also cannot see Daenarys accepting the relatively thin ground or evidence for his claim.

Real star of E02 was Arya's butt.

8FHtzcK.jpg

Lf08uK0.jpg

Xi9n3Ji.jpg