• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin Withdrawal???

I dunno, maybe a lil. I switched to Lyrica which the doctor assured me wasn't addictive.

I take it for nerve pain so I sure as shit know if I forgot a couple doses. It does work well, I will say that and I don't be like damn I need lyrica fucking now like morphine or Xanax.

I did have to go like a day or two without them and my friend was like here is some xanax chillax cuz she could read my poker face, ex gf though, we still kick it and I think I am the only man she screws these days as she is openly gay so I got my cake and fuck it too.

Anyways I want off the shit after surgery and have been dose cutting and skipping doses. I do double up sometimes when the pain is bad.

I am having surgery soon.

When I asked the doctor why he never maxxed out my dose he said he could but thought it would be kinda addictive and since its going up the schedule list with the quickness I might have to come off cuz you can only have two narcotic pain rxs that are schedule II, its V now but than again so was tramadol.....

Last edited:
At first it was working great for treating my chronic lyme (main symptom insomnia) but now its started to make me pretty loopy the next day which i can't have as i am a musician, this isn't a nice little opiate high i just am pretty non-functional. Since the half-life is short I'm assuming this is because its accumulated a bunch in my system? anyone know how to combat these side-effects? also can you take stuff like unisom/benadryl on top of it ? i want to lower my dose, also quit weed, but still get good sleep. between weed and gabapentin at night i'm getting a lot of daytime tiredness

Would switching from GABAPentin which has NEVER caused Me any Withdrawal Symptoms to Pregabalin be likely to cause Withdrawal Symptoms since it absorbs A LOT more then GABAPentin And feels A LOT stronger And Sedating.

I wouldn't worry about it if your getting a prescription because then you'll get tapered off of it, it's not like using recreationally and going cold turkey.

I'm going through tests just now where they think i might have fibrmylgia so i might be getting put on it. But a few weeks ago i did a detox of pregablin which i was self medicating, taking 4 x 300mg a day. mentally it felt like i was on a bad mushroom trip for 10 days along with the most uncomfortable physical restlessness.

Ya but the point is that I don't get Withdrawal from GABAPentin and being on Methadone+Benzos I don't want another New Drug dependance. I Am just wondering if Pregabalin And GABAPentin are the EXACT same thing just with Lyrica Absorbing more of the Drug And I find GABAPentin more head high And less Body Buzz.

I used to love it recreationally but with tolerance rapidly developing And not even going away with 2 weeks of abstinence I have continued just using as Prescribed since it works for Sleep And Pain just not as strongly with Daily use.

So if I can cold turkey GABAPentin no problem then I should be able to take Pregabalin without experiencing any Withdrawal Symptoms when stopping correct? Am I wrong are they both not as similar compared to each other in Chemical Structure as both of the substances, that I think they are?

^Pregabalin and gabapentin are in the same class of drug, but they are not the same thing. There is shared mechanism of action but some aspects differ. Subjectively, they feel quite different from my experience.

There's no way to say whether you will or won't experience withdrawal from pregabalin. From my experience, it has an awful withdrawal syndrome.

^ Thank you for Replying that answer, I think I will stick to using GABAPentin as I noticed they feel VERY different myself. It seems Pregabalin is just more Sedating And A HEAVY body load And I even Read recently it can cause Seizures when used in high Doses.

I don't want to even risk however slightly it may be to have Pregabalin cause A Physical Dependance to it.

^Pregabalin does seem to counterintuitively induce seizures in some people, at high doses in particular. When I was binging on pregabalin at 1200-1500mg a day, I was experiencing a dramatic increase in seizure activity (I have epilpesy)- normally I am seizure free, but when binging I started to experience all the hallmarks of repeated absence seizures and had a few tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures. I am still not legally allowed to drive :| I also experienced a sort of epilpetic psychosis, with incredible visual imagery, constant migraine visual aura's, noise modulation, totally spontaneous and hard to figure out emotions, etc. all the shit that usually indicates an impending seizure, though it seemed to usually stay at this sub-seizure threshold. I had to go to a psych ward on 3 occaisions within about 1 months before I finally admitted I was eating pregabalin like it was candy.

The seizures stopped when I reduced my dosage, and of course returned when I relapsed. I am currently tapering off the shit, it fucking sucks, but I'm only on 150mg a day now and keen to get off it. Its a strong drug.

That said, the above would probably apply to high doses of Gabapentin too, though I've only used that one sporadically and at the same time as taking pregabalin.

^ What do u mean by "constant migraine visual arua's" exactly? I thought that Seizures have no warning signs at all!?

There is a prodromal phase that epileptic and close peeps come to know. I can tell when I'm about to have a seizure a lot of the time but it's not predictable. If my eyelids start to flutter more than normal, then other people can tell. Plus there can be a host of other strange sensory events that can precede a seizure, intense dejavu, visual disturbances, odd emotional components. It's different for everyone, my own epilepsy is relatively manageable. I get way more 'pre seizure' events than I do actual seizures.

The visual aspect was basically blobs/phospehenes and the typical migraine type aura. Hard to describe if you haven't experienced it.

Withdrawal seizures seem less predictable .

They are 2 same drugs except one works faster than the other. High doses of gabapentin CAN cause seizure as well. There was a member recently here whos life got fucked up from gabapentin

^They are not the same drug. They are in the same class of drugs but they are not homologous.

^They are not the same drug. They are in the same class of drugs but they are not homologous.

I have no idea what he means by " a member got his life fucked up by gabapentin" does that mean bad withdrawals he did not expect or what?

Does this mean GABAPentin is does not cause seizures similar to the way Pregabalin does since I got a friend trying to detox from 60MG Daily use of Hydromorphone Snorted and she is just using it not be sick not even getting high anymore just talked to her and she wants to get on methadone but is worried about the fact that she wants to get pregnant one day and was told things about not be able to on methadone etc.

Before she can get on Methadone Maintenance Therapy I gave her GABAPentin and she has no tolerance and I am worried if I tell her to take a specific dose that I am prescribed she might have a seizure I have no idea to be honest. I thought GABAPentin is prescribed to prevent seizures???

Last edited: