• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin withdrawal. How long does this shit last?

Yeah, with that much time away, I would try to avoid reinstating a benzo at this point unless absolutely necessary. So hard getting off of them, it would terrify me to think of starting that clock over again.

I've made the decision that I will never take a benzo again, and I don't think taking gabapentin would help a whole lot. I took three ativans when getting off gabapentin and it definitely made the situation worse. When I took the 100mg of gabapentin a few months ago it made things worse. I don't think my body would respond well to it.

This is tough. It has made me very angry, especially anger towards my doctor and the center that he works for. I feel like they got away with beating the shit out of me and taking my money, which after seven months of pain and $10k plus lost in missed wages & medical bills, is a fair assessment.

There is a new supplement out, called Chill6, it's a benzo withdrawal treatment aid. It has 6 different amino acids and has some great reviews. Has anyone tried it?

OP, judging from my personal experience with gabapentin I don't think it's the gabapentin you're withdrawing from. I took 900mg and then just stopped. I experienced no withdrawal whatsoever. I know everyone is different but I would have thought I'd experience some sort of withdrawal, but nothing. Once you started feeling the side effects from the gabapentin why didn't you call your doctor and tell him? It should have been ceased immediately.

I agree with others who have said that this is all due to improper discontinuation of the Ambien and Klonopin. Why did you quit those of you don't mind my asking? Were you on a really high dose or abusing them?

The fact that taking the gabapentin didn't alleviate your symptoms points to that not being the cause of what you're experiencing and as far as the Ativan not helping either,maybe it was just to low a dose to feel it. The conversion ratio escapes me but I think Kpins are 2x stronger than Ativan mg wise.

I know you're scared to take a benzo again, I've been through benzo dependency and had to do a very slow taper to get rid of the dependence. I think you would benefit fro a proper slow Ashton manual detox your gaba receptors can normalize properly. Don't look at it as a relapse, just a proper medical procedure to get off the benzos. I'm no medical doctor/professional but I think you will do much better if you follow this course. I just don't think a five day detox for a four year habit is enough time.

I definitely understand everyone's thoughts that this is just benzo withdrawal still, but things don't fit in the equation.

75% of the problems I have now were NOT present before I started taking gabapentin.

Gabapentin is definitely the culprit, whether solely by itself or just causing more damage to my CNS, introducing my body to it is what resulted in my current mess. This itself is a major problem; how do I treat what I don't know? how do I know if I'm healing with time or not? These questions kill me, as jammin said.

I did not get a chance to read through this thoroughly so pardon me if this is random or unwarranted, but you might want to try phenibut. IT IS ADDICTIVE, but it will help you extensively if you use it responsibly. and it has a much longer half life than gabapentin, so that will help too

Can anyone help or please give me advice? I was put on Gabapentin a month ago 300mg. 3x day. I have had so many side effects. Tomorrow I am going to my doctor however I can't take it anymore. I went down to 300mg 2x a day its been 5 days now. Any advice on next reduction I don't want to take this shit anymore I want it out of me!!!!

Can anyone help or please give me advice? I was put on Gabapentin a month ago 300mg. 3x day. I have had so many side effects. Tomorrow I am going to my doctor however I can't take it anymore. I went down to 300mg 2x a day its been 5 days now. Any advice on next reduction I don't want to take this shit anymore I want it out of me!!!!

I took Gabapentin at 3,200mgs a day for 3 years and tapered off slowly with minimal withdrawals. It was a unique experience to say the least...For example, I felt 0 effects dropping from 3200 to 1600, then 1600 to 800 etc.....The ONLY time I felt WD was when I stopped completely. I had 72 hours of SSRI like brain zaps and didn't sleep. Private message me if you want a good taper plan.

I have been prescribed a gram of Lyrica a day for over three years (roughly 2,000 mg gabapentin). After 6 months continuous use I stopped with no withdrawals. I now take it recreationally because it is an amazing drug. I taKE 4- grams of Lyrica for a few nights and then stop for a few days and repeat. I have never had any trouble with withdrawals

Just an update regarding this; I've been going through a lot of blocks between feeling okay and feeling absolutely terrible. For the past two months I've had numerous weeks where I all my physical and psychological symptoms are intensified and brutal, to the point where it leaves me unable to sleep and unable to go to work. Other weeks I've had periods where I am able to function to a relatively normal sense, although my symptoms are still strongly present but not as intensely. I don't feel good during these weeks, but I am functionable.

Most weeks the past few months have been horrible. I have not been able to get out of bed since Friday. I had to cancel going to my friend's birthday party because of this.

At this point I'm at a total loss of what to do. Even when it is subdued it is still extremely disruptive, as I can't drive, tolerate alcohol, and have a TON of stress and physical symptoms.

I'm scripted 900mg per day. Whenever I've gone on alcohol benders of course I stop taking my meds. I don't think I've ever experienced withdrawal from gabapentin but then maybe being wasted masked the symptoms.

It seems like it's vastly different for everyone who takes it. I've been on a high dose (2400mg/day) as a mood stabilizer for a long time now, and when I don't have it I feel sorta depressed and scattered.. and get this strange "pins and needles" sensation in my face and extremities. Not unbearable but it's definitely uncomfortable and more than a bit annoying.

Others can take it and quit with no problems. And I had no idea why I felt so shitty until I realized I hadn't taken any neurontin that day. Weird... Perhaps part of it is psychological but I wouldn't go as far as to say there's no such thing as gabapentin withdrawals. And yes, I'd experienced "real" withdrawals from opiates, benzos, and alcohol before this. Certainly not all in your head.