• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Gabapentin + Tramadol = Increased seizure risk?

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
Curious about whether tramadol and gabapentin is a dangerous combo . of course gabapentin won't necessarily decrease the risk of seizures, but will it INCREASE the risk? I've heard that in combo with certain drugs, gabapentin can actually increase seizure risk. also how safe is it to mix weed with tramadol?

tram + ssri's are def a seizure waiting to happen. ask a pharmacist about gaba (Neurontin)

I don't imagine this would be an issue with gabapentin. However, it would be a big potential problem with pregabalin, particularly 300mg+ doses of pregabalin and tramadol regardless of tolerance. Higher doses of pregabalin decrease the seizure threshold, as does higher doses of tramadol, so combining higher doses of both is a very, very risk thing. Unless one actually want to end up seizing (poor attempt at humor - very).

Among other gaba-b agonists: I also imagine it would be risky if combining large does of tramadol and phenibut, but not so risky when combining tramadol and baclofen.

I just read in the PDR that ultram and Neurontin (tramadol and gabapentin ARE contraindicated and can cause seizure. tramadol has ssri properties and I can vouch for seizures when mixes with other ssris, or Prozac in any case.

^ Could you elaborate on the year and section of your PDR. Gabapentin was originally used to control seizures and as an adjunct for other seizure meds.