• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Gabapentin low dose = dramatic results?

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Bit confused here.....

I have read many reviews on Gabapentin and it seems to be from 600mg-3,600mg per day to get any anti-anxiety benefits. I have some 100mg capsules here. If I take just one capsule so 100mg I am asleep within about an hour and very talkative a few hours after taking the drug.....How comes such a small dose is having such dramatic effects on me?

I am also prescribed and have been for many years.....
Klonopin, Valium and Celexa.

The Gaba is potentiated through the Benzos so its not really surprising.
I take 100mg for sleep sometimes and these higher doses you read about are mostly for recreational purposes, to get high as a kite.
Also these people often have large tolerances to gabapentin which develops extremely fast.

The Gaba is potentiated through the Benzos so its not really surprising.
I take 100mg for sleep sometimes and these higher doses you read about are mostly for recreational purposes, to get high as a kite.
Also these people often have large tolerances to gabapentin which develops extremely fast.

Thank you, makes sense now!

Wonder if Gabapentin may help me get off Klonopin as its proving almost impossible to get off. Not felt any real anti-anxiety effects off Gabapentin, and for some strange reason I cant stop talking, strange side effect to get?

I open a 100mg gabapentin cap and sprinkle in about 2-4mg diclazepam powder. It's lovely =D

Thank you, makes sense now!

Wonder if Gabapentin may help me get off Klonopin as its proving almost impossible to get off. Not felt any real anti-anxiety effects off Gabapentin, and for some strange reason I cant stop talking, strange side effect to get?
yes, gaba can assist you in tapering your klonopin. to feel some anti-anxiety effects from the gaba i would suggest a larger dose than just 100mg. being extra talkative can be a side effect yes, gaba can provide some what of a drunk feeling without the head buzz, it's much more of a body buzz imo.