• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Gabapentin effects on opiate absorption.

trolling123

Bluelighter
I've read before that Gabapentin lowers oxycodone absorption by 10-15% if taken before the oxy. How long would this stay true? Would taking gabapentin at 10 AM , effect my oxycodone dose at 2 PM? I'm not sure if i'd have to wait till the gabapentin is completely out of my system for it too not effect the oxy. I've been cutting back on my oxycodone and would like to use gabapentin to help with that , but i also don't want the oxy to be absorbed less.

From what I read u want to wait 2 Hours BEFORE OR AFTER TAKING GABAPentin to take Opiates/Opioids And Benzodiaezpines Or you will Reduce the Absoprtion By 50% But SPECICALLY Morphine And Hydrocodone but prob all Opiates And Opioids they Increase GABAPentins Absorption for up to 4 Hours after dosing.

From what I read u want to wait 2 Hours BEFORE OR AFTER TAKING GABAPentin to take Opiates/Opioids And Benzodiaezpines Or you will Reduce the Absoprtion By 50% But SPECICALLY Morphine And Hydrocodone but prob all Opiates And Opioids they Increase GABAPentins Absorption for up to 4 Hours after dosing.
Thanks for the answer. So if i do take gabapentin i'll wait at least a couple hours till i take any opiates. If anyone else has any other answers id love to hear them as well.

https://www.drugs.com/pro/neurontin.html#S12.3
Hydrocodone
Coadministration of Neurontin (125 to 500 mg; N=48 ) decreases hydrocodone (10 mg; N=50) Cmax and AUC values in a dose-dependent manner relative to administration of hydrocodone alone; Cmax and AUC values are 3% to 4% lower, respectively, after administration of 125 mg Neurontin and 21% to 22% lower, respectively, after administration of 500 mg Neurontin. The mechanism for this interaction is unknown. Hydrocodone increases gabapentin AUC values by 14%. The magnitude of interaction at other doses is not known.

Morphine
A literature article reported that when a 60 mg controlled-release morphine capsule was administered 2 hours prior to a 600 mg Neurontin capsule (N=12), mean gabapentin AUC increased by 44% compared to gabapentin administered without morphine. Morphine pharmacokinetic parameter values were not affected by administration of Neurontin 2 hours after morphine. The magnitude of interaction at other doses is not known.

why risk it ? Gabapetin is basically useless to me . It's a last result . Why screw an opioid with a non narcotic?

why risk it ? Gabapetin is basically useless to me . It's a last result . Why screw an opioid with a non narcotic?
I don't think there is much "risk" when taking prescribed doses of opiates/gabapentin together , i just cared about gabapentins method of action related too the opiates absorption. Also as you stated, gaba effects some people like water and too others its a godsend drug. Too each their own , but i'm using the gabapentin to help lower my opiate doses..