• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Gabapentin effects, how much?? (quick responses if possible)

Willydog155

Bluelighter
Although I was told to go check the FAQs nothing on gabapentin was found. I took 300mg at 11:00. If I feel anything by 12:20 I'm going to redose another 300mg. Will this be enough? Should I redose higher?

Sort of afraid to tell you to take more, just goes against my protective instincts. However, 300 mg of Gaba is not very much. I used to be dosed at 900 - 1,200 at night. Granted I had been taking them for awhile so... I'd say upping your doses by 300 mg at a time is probably a pretty smart way to go all in all.

Sort of afraid to tell you to take more, just goes against my protective instincts. However, 300 mg of Gaba is not very much. I used to be dosed at 900 - 1,200 at night. Granted I had been taking them for awhile so... I'd say upping your doses by 300 mg at a time is probably a pretty smart way to go all in all.

just redosed another 300mg 45 minutes after the first. How long till it kicks in? Also can I sleep if I wanted to at any point?

Some people can really feel the effects of Gabapentin and some can't. For a first time user, you stagger your doses until you achieve the desired effects.

Start off with 300mg every 45-1 hour until you begin to feel it. You should expect to feel mild euphoria, slight sedation, relaxation.. but you shouldn't have to stray much above 1,200mg for your first time.

Damn I take so much gabapentin it's not even funny. I start taking five of the 600mg tabs. My tolerance is sky high and it doesn't take long.

people who don't take gabapentin regularly usually have a misconception about its effects. it's classified as an anti-convulant so it's not a painkiller, so don't expect any euphoria at low doses. i believe 300mg is the smallest dosage you can get so i doubt you'll get any noticeable effects at all. IMO 600mg is a good starting point for people naive to this drug, and you'll probably notice drowsiness first at around 45-60 minutes after dosing. for some reason, that i'm sure has been explained somewhere on this forum, taking this drug with food on your stomach shortens the onset and enhances the effects. you can either submit to the drowsiness or fight it, which isn't hard but you can expect slightly impaired cognition and very noticeable balance impairment, kinda like being drunk.

usually this drug is prescribed for nerve pain, opiate withdrawal, and as a mood stabilizer, and IMO the latter holds truest. there are much better drugs for seizures on the market so this one isn't prescribed for that as much as you might think. it honestly didn't do shit for the nerve pain in my leg after my motorbike accident and is only viable for withdrawal during PAWS, where it actually does perform well. gabapentin has been a godsend for me recently as i've been dealing with some serious PAWS from my two year, gram a day tramadol habit i kicked in october.

if the drowsiness starts turning you off due to not being able to function properly for work or something, just remember that these side effects will lessen in severity the longer you take the drug as your body is adjusting to the increased GABA being released.

what is it prescribed to you for?

Last edited:
^OP has 100mg Pills and for me 600mg was way too much without a tolerance. 300mg should suffice and cause medium effects so you can gauge what you get into.
Gabapentin can be pretty sedating if you are not used to it.

oh wow i didn't even know you could get a 100mg dosage. guess i need to do a little more research before i make myself look like an idiot again lol. in that case you can increase by 100mg intervals, obviously :)

but yeah the sedation effects are the most noticeable effects to someone that's never taken it before.

For reference my dog takes 100-mg/day. I think that's a super low human dose. Not sure why anyone would be given such small doses? Elderly, young children (oh, man I hope not)?

I usually take around 1500mg for recreational effects.

This apparently has seriously different effects depending on the person, like tramadol. No matter what dose I took of tramadol I never found it recreational. My first time ever taking gabapentin was 600mg twice daily with no effects other than less restlessness. I never tried higher than 1200 at a time, but didn't get much out of it. I also have a history of benzo abuse which could contribute to tolerance (though I wasn't using benzos when I took gabapentin).

You could wait a couple days after this trial if you don't feel much, and then try higher in increments of 300-600 mg. It has a wide therapeutic index so you probably won't hurt yourself - just don't drive or try to do anything demanding when you take a high dose.

I'm on 600mg 3x daily, but I take way more than that at a time. I noticed when I first started, about 900mg got me a decent recreational buzz. But unfortunately, tolerance develops quickly, so you gotta take more and more until I guess, like with suboxone maybe, there is some sort of ceiling effect, where taking any more will simply not do anything. I have also noticed that when you do get to that point of eating literal handfuls of pills, you will develop dependency. I can liken it to a very mild opiate withdrawal when you do not have it. I am about 6 feet tall, 180lbs. Doses do vary, and I guess a light snack is what you are supposed to consume it with. I also notice that caffeinated beverage give a small kick to its effects as well.

Hi, I just got prescribed Gabapentin due to lower back and nerve pain. Last night, I took it for the first time, taking 2 300mg capsules. I took it around 10pm and didn't feel much for the first couple hours. I also am taking lortabs and had taken a 10 earlier. By 1am, I felt relaxed and had some crazy dreams of geometric figures and stuff. I woke around 0630 and still felt high. I did notice that it has the odd impact of losing time, as I dozed for a moment and found it was really an hour, oddly it seemed like a blink. Even now, as I write this, at 11am, I still feel the odd dizziness it provides. Interesting stuff. It does seem to play well with my tabs. On the plus side, it has helped my pain, though not eliminated it, just dulled it a bit. It is an odd feeling and is very different from tabs. I can't get over how long it seems to last. Interesting stuff.

Hi, I just got prescribed Gabapentin due to lower back and nerve pain. Last night, I took it for the first time, taking 2 300mg capsules. I took it around 10pm and didn't feel much for the first couple hours. I also am taking lortabs and had taken a 10 earlier. By 1am, I felt relaxed and had some crazy dreams of geometric figures and stuff. I woke around 0630 and still felt high. I did notice that it has the odd impact of losing time, as I dozed for a moment and found it was really an hour, oddly it seemed like a blink. Even now, as I write this, at 11am, I still feel the odd dizziness it provides. Interesting stuff. It does seem to play well with my tabs. On the plus side, it has helped my pain, though not eliminated it, just dulled it a bit. It is an odd feeling and is very different from tabs. I can't get over how long it seems to last. Interesting stuff.

you had a very typical reaction to this drug, which is a good thing. i too find this drug to be very interesting, albeit effective. the onset doesn't occur for a few hours like you said and presents with noticeable drowsiness, but with that comes a very slight but lengthy euphoria of sorts. which is also interesting because the half-life is somewhere around 7 hours.

For ME it helps a lot for socail anxiety! Not regular anxiety but it's great for socail. It does come with a buzz, atleast for me some may disagree. But personally when I first took it, it was amazing! I would get somewhat speedy but also dopey/relaxed at the same time. It has a dissociative feel to it, it can sometimes feel like a mild low dose psychedelic. The body buzz is supreme! I would defeinly give it a try. Tolerance builds extremly fast!

Almost forgot to tell you to staggering your doses and also eat a small meal before dosing it raises BA, also taking aleve 30-60 minutes before dosing lengthens the high by a lot. It lasts 6-8 hours the first time.

Forgot anouther thing! Honesty if you want to get anything out of this drug I highly recommend starting at 1200-1500. It's next to impossible to overdose on this drug, it's also not to overwhelming so a higher dose will have you feeling spacey and nice. People who say they don't feel much don't take enough, 600mg will have very mild effects. This drug is probably in my top 5 drugs of choice. It helps my anxiety, helps me sleep and it's great for opiate withdraw

Last edited: