• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin dose for opiate withdrawal??

Chris42393

Bluelighter
What would be a good starting dose for gabapentin for opiate withdrawal? Ive been looking, but have been getting mixed results.

Thanks! <3

900 mgs every 45 minutes until you reach 1800-3000. Go lower if you never had it before. From all the research I have done it seems 900 mgs at a time is the max that can absorb. For me anything over 3600 mgs is too much. But I have read people doing way more than that.

I would suggest going lower, if you haven’t had before, not the opposite way round. But I do agree with Jack, regarding staggered dosing. Can you tell me your history with this substance first please?

Thanks for the replies guys. Used heroin/opiates for several years, came off awhile ago and still WDing but its not horrible. Cold chills, some night sweats occastionally, slight anxiety, etc. etc. nothing too serious. Im getting Gabapentin soon and just needed a dose I should start with.

Good man, Prescribed Gaba?

Pregabalin and Gabapentin are suppose to go hand in hand the former being more potent though. However I find them quite different. Pregabalin having more of a sedative effect closer to benzos, and Gabapentin being more driven to obliterate social anxiety without a downer feel.

For you Gaba dosage 300mg 2-3 a day. You’ll probably need higher but start there that’s what I did.

Wow thats good to hear about the social anxiety thing! Very nice! definitely didnt know that. And apprecitiate it man, ill give that a shot, and hopefully it works!

Like everything it is individual neurochemistry that decides. My fave gabapentinoid by far is PHENIBUT. Now that is the worlds most sociability inducing compound in my opinion!!

900 mgs every 45 minutes until you reach 1800-3000. Go lower if you never had it before. From all the research I have done it seems 900 mgs at a time is the max that can absorb. For me anything over 3600 mgs is too much. But I have read people doing way more than that.

For me I do 300mg every 45 minutes and one I hit 1500mg it's perfect.

What would be a good starting dose for gabapentin for opiate withdrawal? Ive been looking, but have been getting mixed results.

Thanks! <3

This highly depends on if you are a first time user of gab... or if not, when the last time was and how much

This highly depends on if you are a first time user of gab... or if not, when the last time was and how much
This will be my first time taking Gabapentin ever.

How long do you think I need to take it? A week? 2 weeks? My withdrawals arent really that bad, except at night when it gets worse for some reason. I wake up feeling pretty good (for the most part).

I didn't use it for opiate withdrawal. What are you addicted to? Take gabapentin, probably later in the day so it will affect you during the night when you want to sleep, for as long as the acute withdrawal lasts and no more. 1-2 weeks, no more than 2 weeks, 2 weeks is pushing it anyway for getting addicted to gabapentin. Take 300mg at a time, separated by 45 minutes. 900-1200mg is probably enough if you haven't taken it before. Sometimes on here people say 300mg makes them really intoxicated but that's not very typical.

Last edited:
Was addicted to opiates for several years, but that was the only thing. Thanks for the reply! Ill give that a shot :)