• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Gabapentin bad, scary, realistic... nightmares!?

I'd blame nightmares on the excess panic the benzo WD is leaving you with.

Pardon me, but did you read the whole thread? Me and others get these dreams too without being in Benzo WD and as I mentioned this effect does probably diminish with daily use of higher doses.

A reccuring theme in the dreams is the urge to achieve some important task which is handicapped due to random factors as well as the inclusion of important people in your life.
They are so realistic that I woke up a few times and had to assure myself that it was a dream and not something that really happened...

UPDATE:

OK, I gave this another shot, while on a very low dose of benzos. (1mg Xanax the whole day, spreaded out .5mg in morning .5mg in evening)
I took a 300mg Gabapentin before I went to sleep, I DID have dreams, but can't remember them!
But, without Benzos, I do wake up yelling sometimes.

SO, I do believe it could be either or. Benzo PAWS that possibly gave me those nightmares while taking Gabapentin everyday for 2+ months.

Is it the Xanax erased my memory and couldn't remember those possibly scary dreams? Or is it really Benzo PAWS that gave me the nightmares? Because I know Benzo W/D/PAWS DO cause nightmares.

I'm REALLY questionable now.