• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin and phenibut

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Do gabapentin and phenibut compete and mess with each other's matabolization and absorption, if taken at the same time? Also is it a waste, due to somewhat similar action, to combine them? One more question. If I'm slightly dependant on phenibut but I take gaba for a few days instead, while somewhat tapering the dose, will I still have withdrawal from the shared mechanism?

I took 1.25 grams of phenibut on top of the 1800mgs of gaba I had already staggered and it completely overpowered the nice fuzzy relaxed feeling I had and now I have a twinge of edgy anxiety.

IME, Take the phenibut first and wait a couple three hours and start dosing gabapentin. It will increase the *buzz. I usually wait til phenibut starts to lift (~5hrs for me) and add to it... works a charm.
The only thing I can see "wrong" with above dosing is that it was done backwards. Some sh** I am likely to do.
If I'm slightly dependant on phenibut but I take gaba for a few days instead, while somewhat tapering the dose, will I still have withdrawal from the shared mechanism?
Dropping phenibut and tapering with gabapentin or gaba? If the taper is successful, there shouldn't be a whole lot of WDs, IME.

They definitely combine. Actually the high they produce when combined can be quite intense. Shit starts to get wonky depending on how much gabapentin you take.

Don't know about that combo but try phenibut and pregabalin. I've yet to try this I had took phenibut and then took a 300mg capsule I was staggering all over the house ☺

I've taken all 3 today in some amount (phenibut, gabapentin and pregabalin) and there is a bit of staggering, or more like twitching/stumbling. My movements aren't too accurate, I'm having to make a lot of typo corrections, etc. But really nice.

I've just taken 600mg of pregabalin along with some phenibut and won't be long before I'm staggering around lol got diazepam as well and a bottle of codeine linctus

They definitely combine. Actually the high they produce when combined can be quite intense. Shit starts to get wonky depending on how much gabapentin you take.

Wonky is the correct description here if you dose too far. However, it’s unlikely that it would be dangerous.

drugs in the body constantly attach and detach from receptors but the body enters an equilibrium which is why the effects of a drug aren’t all over the map constantly shifting in effects and strength.’

given the above, yes, gabapentin will compete with phenibut to get to the target receptors, but, because receptors are plentiful and drugs may be targeting certain subtypes or places in the body more strongly than others. The effect is typically cumulative rather than a reduction in effects.