• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin and its effects on music

Tanner Blaze

Bluelighter
Ive havent seen anyone mention this before but has anyone noticed music sounds amazing on higher doses of Gabapentin. Ive been taking 1200mg for almost 18 months and when i hit that late night wave i put headphones on and listen to rock, blues, or r&b and its almost like you can hear every note being played. Just needed someone elses opinon on this since i want to wean off eventually and this will probably be the only thing i might miss about this weird drug。

Ive havent seen anyone mention this before but has anyone noticed music sounds amazing on higher doses of Gabapentin. Ive been taking 1200mg for almost 18 months and when i hit that late night wave i put headphones on and listen to rock, blues, or r&b and its almost like you can hear every note being played. Just needed someone elses opinon on this since i want to wean off eventually and this will probably be the only thing i might miss about this weird drug。
Yes, I have indeed noticed the same effect, which was also one of my favorite things about it. And it wasn't just music, gabapentin had me weeping at the beauty of the fall rain, among other excesses of emotionality...

Yup. I strictly use Gabapentin as an adjunct to alcohol and stimulants while going out dancing. It’s the only useful thing I’ve found for the drug, gives me a weird energy that seems to coincide well with music and busting moves.

-GC

Yes, definitely. Gabapentinoids are among the best drugs for music enhancement for me. I actually particularly find them amazing for playing music. I'm a musician and I love taking phenibut or gabapentin before I play a show, it measurably increases my performance, both inspiration and muscle control/ability.

Yes, definitely. Gabapentinoids are among the best drugs for music enhancement for me. I actually particularly find them amazing for playing music. I'm a musician and I love taking phenibut or gabapentin before I play a show, it measurably increases my performance, both inspiration and muscle control/ability.

I agree here. I find myself feeling much more creative from it and can churn out different music like crazy.

Only other drugs that come close to this would be dissos, psyches and opioids IMO.

Yes I agree too gabapentin and other similar drugs seem to touch an emotional center. I mean we see this when some people compare to MDMA. Initially I just used it to listen to music (used as my med for sciatica) and playing was sloppy. But if you tune in right even playing can reach new levels. Funny enough I had not had gabapenbtin in 10 days but last night I used some planning to listen and play and all I did was sleep on the couch. lol (I must have been tired but it is a great sleep aid too)

So these drugs that have no effect on some people to a big mix of effects on others do need more study. I mean we see that here people that used these drugs for years thinking others are crazy for liking them. :) even phenibut is hit or miss for people.

And it would be wonderful to find a plant, root or tree that has these properties. Drinking a cup of tea that has an effect of 1800 mgs of gabapentin or 300 mgs of pregabalin would be awesome.

Gabapentin seems to be an incredibly versatile drug in terms of its effects, I used to take it fairly regularly and would feel excitable yet relaxed at the same time, lucid yet drunk... so ya regardless of music specifically I think there are a wide array of peculiar experiences that gabapentin can lead to. Even though I don't remember myself paying any more or less attention to music when I was on it, I can definitely believe that it could make playing/listening to music a far more engaging activity than would normally be the case.

Gabapentinoids make me feel more inspired and into whatever I am focusing on. I really love them, it's a subtle enough feeling that you remain very functional, but powerful at the same time. Makes me social and chatty, energized yet relaxed, and they combine really well with psychedelics and other drugs.